How to improve town prosperity

Users who are viewing this thread

carlos1879

Recruit
So playing PS4 version for the sake of clarity and I managed to capture Uxkhal, to be fair someone else took it left it lightly garrisoned lost it and the second guy who took it took lots of casualties so I managed to take it fairly easily. It was a bit low on prosperity when I took it cant remember what it was but it wasn't incredibly low now despite me doing missions for the guild master, making sure the locals get to and from the town without getting murdered and doing missions for the nearest villages (on the rare occasions the elder actually offers one) the nearest villages and the town itself are all described as having "unbearable" poverty. Cant think what else to do I have been doing all the missions I can for the town and the villages and they all like me but despite that prosperity just kept falling.

Worth noting that for most of the time we were at war but I focused on protecting the area but we had a good chunk of time without war and prosperity still kept falling. Checked other towns in my faction (Rhodoks) and Veluca is pretty poor too despite it never having been sieged but surrounding villages have been raided a bit Jelkala is a bit better off but still poor as is Yalen which has been untouched by the war as have its villages. Vaegirs took Dhirim (back from the useless count granted it when I took it from the swadians) and it is steadily falling into poverty too but to be fair its almost always besieged by the Khergits or Nords (at one point the Nords broke a Khergit siege of Dhirim only to siege it themselves)

Any ideas anyone?

The towns appear to be tied to their villages to some degree, so protecting the villages and the farmers going to and from may help.  Missions are a small factor, but at least something.  The caravans are about the only thing that affect town prosperity in the long run, and those can be from their own or from OTHER factions' villages and towns.  The caravans destined for Uxhal may belong to some other faction, and may be getting raided in some far corner of the map by some faction you're not even at war with.

Back
Top Bottom