TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Adorno said:
kurczak said:
In an ideal world, you could care about an infinite number of subjects.
In the real world you can care about hundreds of things - including the environment and rape.
And since they don't conflict, you can even discuss the two things separately, in a reasonable way.

Yes but eventually those two problems , just as now,  will come to a point where one is prioritised over the other. And most of these #metoo stories are barely about rape. But more of sexual harassment , there's  a clear difference.

masterborn12 said:
I mean the thing with global warming and the environment in general is that it's not a linear problem . I mean the Russian permafrost for example has tons of methane lying beneath , methane a green house gas 20 times more potent then carbon dioxide. If those melt , then hell is literally upon us.
The funny thing is that the same arguments were on the plate even in the '80-s. I doubt that we will do anything worthwhile (changing lifestyle and such) until it's way too late and the fact that we ****ed up for good will be all around them.

masterborn12 said:
Yes but eventually those two problems , just as now,  will come to a point where one is prioritised over the other. And most of these #metoo stories are barely about rape. But more of sexual harassment , there's  a clear difference.
You're arguing that in the media one problem should be ignored because a bigger one exists. Please ponder upon that a bit...
The people working with environmental protecting don't stop working because their twitter feed is filled with #metoo,
and the people working with sexual harassment claims don't damage the environment.

Mugambe has been fired from his party as has been his wife. Next step is resignation from the post of President. Exile and possibly some sort of court case seem likely.

Not that the replacement is any better, though I guess there is slim hope that more rational people will now reign.

https://nypost.com/2017/11/17/professor-claims-doctors-successfully-performed-human-head-transplant/
The world’s first human head transplant has been carried out on a corpse in China,
according to a controversial Italian doctor who said Friday that he and his team are now ready to perform the surgery on a living person.
... scientific papers detailing the procedure on the corpse, as well as more details of the first live human transplant, would be released in the next few days.
He said a live operation would take place in China because his efforts to get backing for the project were dismissed by the medical communities in the US and Europe, according to USA Today.

It's a little sketchy, but successful connection of tissue - nerves, blood vessels etc. - can be done on a corpse.
(They tested it by applying electricity to nerves). In theory it would work the same way on a living being.

Adorno said:
It's a little sketchy, but successful connection of tissue - nerves, blood vessels etc. - can be done on a corpse.
(They tested it by applying electricity to nerves). In theory it would work the same way on a living being.
what, so this guys Italian too? What is it with Italians and electrifying corpses?

Scene: Indiana falls into a pit full of Italians (Later revealed to be the Colosseum).
Indiana: Italians. Why did it have to be Italians?
Sallah: Romans. Very dangerous.

Calradianın Bilgesi said:
And how the **** we did not learn about a successful head(or body?) transplant on monkeys before if it happened?
I saw a documentary about a successful monkey head transplant a decade or two ago. Mind, they didn't connect the spine, so the head couldn't control the body, but circulation and breathing worked, and the monkey could drink, and move it's eyes, face and mouth. It was some quite horrible stuff to see, actually.

Bromden said:
Calradianın Bilgesi said:
And how the **** we did not learn about a successful head(or body?) transplant on monkeys before if it happened?
I saw a documentary about a successful monkey head transplant a decade or two ago. Mind, they didn't connect the spine, so the head couldn't control the body, but circulation and breathing worked, and the monkey could drink, and move it's eyes, face and mouth. It was some quite horrible stuff to see, actually.

That is just disgusting , I'm shocked that they even got permission for that. Which country did they perform this surgery ?

Back
Top Bottom