TaleWorlds News: New News Necessary for the OT Neophytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Serpent Of Eden said:
The bolsheviks are horrible ****s too.
No worry, I'm not siding with the red.
I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that the mix of confusion, misery, idealism and opportunism that is the Russian civil war breed quite a lot of unsavoury characters and that the bar for "bad guy" was severly raised. You'd be surprised what people are ready to do when they think they'll get away with it. Roman von Ungern-Sternberg was a product of his time, place and the contemporary way of thinking described above.

Captured Joe said:
Then explain that Custom Text, commie scum!

Part of the TOS of these forums is that by signing up you agree that you are and will remain a communist for the rest of your life.

In fact, right at this very moment, you are all registered as members of the Kampradturk Solidarity Party, which aims to ensure that future generations are able to live in peace under the gentle rule of Kampradturk, Zombie Lenin, and the Ghost of Karl Marx.

Goulashnikov said:
I'm not saying that, I'm just saying that the mix of confusion, misery, idealism and opportunism that was the Weimar Republic bred quite a lot of unsavoury characters and that the bar for "bad guy" was severely raised. You'd be surprised what people are ready to do when they think they'll get away with it. Adolf Hitler was a product of his time, place and the contemporary way of thinking described above.

Where is the Russian equivalent of Gustav Stresemann? :roll:

As much as I know of the political turbulence of the Weimar Republic, street fights and poorly-planned coup attempts doesn't quite amount up to the severity of full out armed conflict between two (or more) factions at one time. Now, the November Revolution I would not object to drawing similarities between it and the Russian civil war.

The real question is, what does Rabble think of my avatar?

Bromden said:
Satanists are real, so it means that you most probably torture small animals during your daily worship.
What I mean is, you shouldn't hate Dystopian for having an obscure historical **** as an avatar. You should hate him for his personality.

Well, ****.  :cry: :cry: :cry: I'll take that for my sig though.

Rabble its just an avatar of general from the Russian Civil War. By your logic any avatar who was involved in a war shouldn't be allowed. Oh God, not Julius Caesar! That genocidal maniac!

Also while that argument regarding Weimar Germany may satisfy an emotional plea, it falls short since the two periods are not analogous.

Его Высокопревосходительство said:
My point was that murderers and state-terrorists cannot be excused by context.
Definitely, as implied here, I do not advocate the pardon of him. Even though I think a distinction should be made between the two.
Goulashnikov said:
You'd be surprised what people are ready to do when they think they'll get away with it.

I am as already stated, in agreement with you, but it's interesting how this very question was brought up in the Tokyo trials.

Dystopian said:
Bromden said:
Serpent Of Eden said:
satan is fictional.
Can't say the same for the guy in his avatar.
Satanists are real, so it means that you most probably torture small animals during your daily worship.
What I mean is, you shouldn't hate Dystopian for having an obscure historical **** as an avatar. You should hate him for his personality.

Well, ****.  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Rabble its just an avatar of general from the Russian Civil War, by your logic any avatar who was involved in a war shouldn't be allowed. Oh God, not Julius Caesar! That genocidal murderer!

There were generals from the Russian Civil War that did not commit genocide. Nor did Julius Caesar commit genocide, to my knowledge.

I'm not sure if you are trying to imply Ungern committed genocide, since he didn't. He has one of the lowest kill counts for being a general during the Russian Civil War actually :???:.

Julius Caesar definitively committed acts that today would be considered genocide. Most definitely. As did Marcus Aurelius and pretty much any Roman Emperor who had to fight wars in those times.

Dystopian said:
I'm not sure if you are trying to imply Ungern committed genocide, since he didn't. He has one of the lowest kill counts for being a general during the Russian Civil War actually :???:.

Yes he did.

Dystopian said:
He has one of the lowest kill counts for being a general during the Russian Civil War actually :???:.

Entirely irrelevant.

Since genocide refers to kill counts, especially since there is a distinction between mass murder and genocide, it is totally relevant to this conversation. Can you source that claim? If he did he did.

Genocide has nothing to do with 'kill counts' whatever that means.
This is true since some races/tribes/peoples are smaller than others.
Thus it cannot be related to an absolute number.

Look, I'd be completely happy with the tangents, if the tangents weren't always concerning personal differences and/or things happened in previous century(/ies) AND didn't go on for pages on end.

For personal differences, they're best dealt with via private messages. For things that happened in the past, I'm sure there're tons of threads for that particular spot of history.

Dystopian said:
Since genocide refers to kill counts, especially since there is a distinction between mass murder and genocide, it is totally relevant to this conversation. Can you source that claim? If he did he did.
his rule of mongolia was bloody.
He was a tyrant.

Silence moderator! We're holding an informative salon here and your presence is not needed.

Here, another US senator has jumped on the "Russians hacked the election" bandwagon. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39442901

Back
Top Bottom