What pissed you off today? v. VI

Users who are viewing this thread

Lux said:
One bullet could stop her.
Could.
Five bullets will.
So who gives a ****? That guy ensured he gets to go home in one piece.

It's his job to be the punching bag of violent criminals. In an idealistic world, a police force should be willing to sacrifice itself to ensure the safety of the populace, even criminals. Of course this is a utopian extreme, but on the other hand if police officers are trained to put their own safety above that of others then the whole social contract thing of relying on the police to save your ass is kinda shot, and the police become no better than a gang of bouncers with guns.

There are plenty of ways of de-escalating a situation without guns. Unless you're in brytenwalda where you fall over from walking backwards, or hitler's the police chief, there's nothing wrong with police officers running away from a criminal and creating a perimeter for them to cool off--especially when, like in this situation, there's nobody around.

14 replies man you guys are tossers.

Also the thing is, with the amount of commotion, angryfaces and general being Americans, it is very possible to not even notice being shot by a small round. Remember this isn't a .50 BMG that would turn your innards to soup that we're talking about, it's a 9mm pistol round. Or a .45 ACP, I dunno what they most commonly use out of those two but it's the same basic principle.

Serpent Of Eden said:
Age of Empires II: The Densetsu ? said:
He's probably trolling.
Hes not, hes a out of touch Napoleonic worshipping manchild.
He live in his own fantasy world.

You can't write War and Peace without a good portion of war (against the mentally ill).
Why do you dislike Napoleon? I thought frogs live in cooperating herds? Hitler was mentally ill. Are you defending Hitler aswell? You are literally nazi scum. Jesus.

Jacobhinds said:
It's his job to be the punching bag of violent criminals. In an idealistic world, a police force should be willing to sacrifice itself to ensure the safety of the populace, even criminals.
:lol: You simply cannot be serious.
Jacobhinds said:
there's nothing wrong with police officers running away from a criminal and creating a perimeter for them to cool off--especially when, like in this situation, there's nobody around.
This does bring up an interesting point though. There's no chance the assaulted officer could draw and bring to bear his taser in such a situation, but he could run away for long enough for his colleague to do so and give chase. It's slightly more risky, but unlike the other absurd options so far brought up, it would actually work.
K-64 said:
Also the thing is, with the amount of commotion, angryfaces and general being Americans, it is very possible to not even notice being shot by a small round. Remember this isn't a .50 BMG that would turn your innards to soup that we're talking about, it's a 9mm pistol round. Or a .45 ACP, I dunno what they most commonly use out of those two but it's the same basic principle.
Indeed. 9mm round to the leg would do next to nothing unless it completely shattered a bone (very unlikely), in which case she would likely die anyway, just more slowly and painfully.

Lux said:
Once again, my attempt at genuine debate is thwarted by being shouted over by lunatics. GG forum.

Real talk if two cops cant disarm an untrained  (I assume she hasnt be learned in the ways of the Art of Scissors) 30 something woman of a pair of scissors, you got some weak ass/poorly trained cops, Im sorry. Like I said they were faffing around for like 15 seconds, and had two good opportunities where she was on the ground after pushing her around to subdue and detain her.

Chairman Maoundy said:
Serpent Of Eden said:
He's probably trolling.

You can't write War and Peace without a good portion of war (against the mentally ill).
Why do you dislike Napoleon? I thought frogs live in cooperating herds?
I don't dislike him.
I dislike the worship of him.
Remember in Egypt where he executed an army of surrendering enemies and had his troops butcher all of them with bayonet?

Napoleon wasn't perfect.

Almalexia said:
Real talk if two cops cant disarm an untrained  (I assume she hasnt be learned in the ways of the Art of Scissors) 30 something woman

It's probably more "won't disarm an untrained...", because it was a black woman, they just needed an excuse to "authorise" lethal force. Shouting and generally being American did that trick fairly quickly

Serpent Of Eden said:
Chairman Maoundy said:
Serpent Of Eden said:
He's probably trolling.

Why do you dislike Napoleon? I thought frogs live in cooperating herds?
I don't dislike him.
I dislike the worship of him.
Remember in Egypt where he executed an army of surrendering enemies and had his troops butcher all of them with bayonet?

Napoleon wasn't perfect.

You say that but at the same time, do you have proof he didn't walk over the sea to egypt?

K-64 said:
Almalexia said:
Real talk if two cops cant disarm an untrained  (I assume she hasnt be learned in the ways of the Art of Scissors) 30 something woman

It's probably more "won't disarm an untrained...", because it was a black woman, they just needed an excuse to "authorise" lethal force. Shouting and generally being American did that trick fairly quickly

I mean, just as an aside, but y'all realize that the Navajo aren't black people, right?  :lol: Just making sure.

Almalexia said:
K-64 said:
Almalexia said:

I mean, just as an aside, but y'all realize that the Navajo aren't black people, right?  :lol: Just making sure.

The skins pretty dark tho..?

Almalexia said:
Real talk if two cops cant disarm an untrained  (I assume she hasnt be learned in the ways of the Art of Scissors) 30 something woman of a pair of scissors, you got some weak ass/poorly trained cops, Im sorry. Like I said they were faffing around for like 15 seconds, and had two good opportunities where she was on the ground after pushing her around to subdue and detain her.
You're right, the cops were partially to blame for creating the situation - but once it was underway, they shouldn't risk death for the offender's benefit.
Almalexia said:
Art of Scissors
Poke fun all you like, and I'll keep repeating myself: it might as well be a dagger. The only difference would be that clueless people would question it less.
Almalexia said:
I do, I have no idea who even brought up race :neutral:

Wait, does Lux have a sense of humour?

Also, I did just read an article about the question “Why Not Just Shoot Him In The Leg?” and it does bring up some good points not to that I forgot about. I think my problem is the use of any firearm at all. Police officers should all train to be the best shots in the world, then they can just shoot for feet. Can't walk if you've got no feet, and it's good moving target practice.

Almalexia said:

Well, I didn't read into it, I just saw the thumbnail and it looked stereotypical enough. So yeah, blame ignorance for me there

Amontadillo? said:
Chairman Maoundy said:
you can just get rid of the criminal scum
>shoplifter
> KILL THAT CRIMINAL SCUM

yeah, no. **** you, mundy.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom