What's on your mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

It isn't even all that malicious (i think), folks just can't help smiling when they read something like that. These mistakes are endearingly cute .

Kinda like my roommate from latvia who would always confuse his and her and talk about a girl by saying "his ass is amazing".

Duh said:
It isn't even all that malicious (i think), folks just can't help smiling when they read something like that. These mistakes are endearingly cute .

Kinda like my roommate from latvia who would always confuse his and her and talk about a girl by saying "his ass is amazing".
Yeah, I meant absolutely no maliciousness. Was sorta hoping the "<3" made that clear.
Mother's part of the family - especially the old folk - make mistakes like that as well.
"Annika sein Auto" :iamamoron:

Anyway, as for rabble:
It starts with the continuous use of "peoples" and goes on to personal highlights like idioms such as "**** and giggle".

/edit
Another favourite was how my late grandma would tell of what she had done recently. The central formula was always:
"nachdem gingen wir da nach" or "nachdem fuhren wir da nach" no matter the context or time.

Serpent Of Eden said:
Chinese rappers

I heard that the Chinese hiphop community has been steamrolled by lame, overproduced propaganda rappers who shout about how cool and badass Xi Jinping is. I haven't managed to find any examples online but it sounds hilarious.

The closest thing I saw was on a TV channel in China where I saw a live performance of some C-pop single, and at the end of the chorus the singer screamed "ZHŌNG GUÓÓÓÓÓ!!"* at the top of his voice and the stage erupted with an orgasm of flame and fireworks at each of those syllables. "Nationalism is cool, kids!"

Translator's note: this means China in Chinese

I discovered a few arab metal band from a youtuber called Shaytan Production ( :lol:)
Saudi band:

Bahrein band.

If the first band is truly saudis, how can they survive the religious police?
immigrants to a western country?

Or maybe the band is made up of member of important tribes and thus untouchable by the religious police?

Last i heard, the penalty for playing black metal in saudi arabia was death.

After a few issues getting the UPS and Fedex to find my address lately, I stopped by the courthouse to figure out if they've changed it. Turns out that they have no idea what our street was supposed to be called. Reminder, I live in an old elementary school that was operational from 1950 to the 1990's. Somehow the name of the street that is on our deed that the school was using for 40 some years was never an official name. I honestly have no idea how I was receiving mail in the first place, or why it suddenly stopped working. The actual address number on our deed was actually attached to the walnut tree up the street. Apparently there used to be a farm house there some 80 years ago. Our actual building had several numbers assigned to it, because it used to be a cluster of farm houses back when the railroad still ran through here. Happily they got everything straightened out to match our deed, thus concluding yet another adventure in rural Kentucky land.

Also, while digging through various paperwork, there was apparently an ice cream shop around here back in the 60's. That's neat, but also a bit bizarre. It's old location means that it went in long after the railroad went out, but the town died when they tore up the tracks. Maybe they were selling to the kids that went to school here?

Almost certainly had to do with an old postal supervisor remembering the lay of the land, when he retired or died, no one knew how to handle it anymore. A lot of obscure mail stuff is handled via oral tradition as opposed to anything properly organized. :lol:

null said:
Joe Pesci. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't his name translate to something like Joe Fish? :lol:

It would. Pesci is plural of pesce, which means fish. I wonder how many jokes about sleeping with the fishes his wife has heard in her lifetime?

Back
Top Bottom