What's on your mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sarin said:
Current chat in PoP Discord made me realize something...can you be racist against a fantasy race?

What if people are just fantasy characters in God's dnd sesh?

74VLp.png

Feragorn said:
the grad school cycle has officially kicked off and shows no sign of stopping. I just applied to Amsterdam, so catch me beating up the frisiantwins with my cane if I get in there
Congrats man! I go back and forth between the Hague and Utrecht so you can hit me up if you ever need a local.

Flin Flon said:
Feragorn said:
the grad school cycle has officially kicked off and shows no sign of stopping. I just applied to Amsterdam, so catch me beating up the frisiantwins with my cane if I get in there
Congrats man! I go back and forth between the Hague and Utrecht so you can hit me up if you ever need a local.

we'll see, lmao. I'm assuming I'll see several people if I end up on the continent, and with Dutch PhD stipends and euro train fares, I can probably get around

Proper midget. Pseudochondraplasia or achondroplasia. But just generally tiny people do tickle my fancy as well.

Edit: Exceptionally tall is equally appealing in a similar but different way.

Spent the day at the farm today helping my dad and uncle try to figure out how to get the radiator out of our combine. This combine's needed so much maintenance over the past year. I mean, it's been a good machine, but it's been used enough that it's at the point where a lot of parts are getting worn out. Between it and the corn head (the attachment that goes on the front of the combine, which cuts the corn and feeds it into the machine) we've had a bunch of issues this fall. The latest, and biggest, incident was the other day, when dad was coming home from harvesting a neighbor's crops, pulled into the barnyard, and all of a sudden there was a big cloud of steam coming out of the engine compartment. Yay. So, the three of us spent much of the day in the barn, in the cold (because the combine's too big for us to work on it in our heated shop), taking stuff apart and trying to figure out how the hell to get the radiator out of there. It's like the engineers at the factory designed this thing and then were like, "Wait, the radiator has to be removable? We never thought of that. Oh well, it'll be fine." We got cold, dirty, tired, and frustrated. We still don't have it out; hopefully that'll be tomorrow's job. And there are a few more repair jobs (none of them simple or easy AFAIK) yet to do on the combine, once we're done with this one. We'll probably be working on it on and off all winter.

Oh, and our neighbor came around twice to see what we were doing, which would've been fine, except that he had a cold. Thanks for exposing us to it twice in one day, pal. Especially around Christmas. People act like colds are nothing, and maybe for them they are (I hope so), but for me they mean 24-48 hours of misery and a lot of vomiting into a waste basket. I'd rather avoid that if I can.

The farm gets checks from the government. It might be like once a year. I don't know the exact details, I don't think it's for a whole lot of money, but I think dad has to fill out paperwork like once a year in order to get it. He told me he used to not do it because he was too proud to take a handout, but then somebody from the government called him up and said "Look, pal, it's free money, take the money", so now he takes it. Last winter he got additional payments from the government for the crops he'd harvested, because the trade war with China had screwed up the grain prices. As I understand it, the government was giving farmers some money depending on how much they'd harvested, to help make up for the lousy grain prices. I heard something about them not doing that again this year, though.

So what's the verdict on Bannerlord's beta so far? Is it just me or the combat feels extremely clunky and imbalanced? Not something I'd expect from M&B. Then again this is just the beta, so I guess things might change...

Overall a step back from Warband. Melee doesn't feel as good due to some unneeded and convoluted changes, especially the stances. Infantry's life is also much harder now due to the new shield blocking making you an easy target for archers. Classes are implemented poorly, some are overpowered by design (**** the fiann) and others are literally worthless. Also, most factions have access to a horse archer of some kind, which is really lame.

Jock said:
So what's the verdict on Bannerlord's beta so far? Is it just me or the combat feels extremely clunky and imbalanced? Not something I'd expect from M&B. Then again this is just the beta, so I guess things might change...

It's been like that since the start of the beta, which I was in. I haven't played it in a while, but back then it was laughably bad. I couldn't say anything of course but I really wanted the whole world to know how silly some of the mistakes were. Last time I played I got a 2:1 k/d from just spamming attacks with the fastest weapon because the timing was so haphazard. Horses could knock you down for around 10 seconds and had absurdly high health, to the point where people were using horses as shields by just riding into melee and turning the horse to face enemy attacks. There were so many issues that it was impossible to explain what exactly was wrong with the combat.

From what I've heard it's still pretty bad, but it has improved. But there are a few things the developers refuse to make any changes to despite widespread disappointment, like the rigid class system and a variable delay to attacks and blocks which made some attacks completely unavoidable, and getting stunlocked was common. Seeing how much of a mess this has been I'm really worried about singleplayer which is going to be infinitely more complex than warband, and vanilla warband wasn't that good to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom