Author Topic: What's on your mind?  (Read 398905 times)

Shatari

• Official Forum Goatherd
  • Marquis
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Shatari
  • M&B
Re: What's on your mind?
« Reply #3225 on: July 25, 2017, 06:57:52 AM »
After a few issues getting the UPS and Fedex to find my address lately, I stopped by the courthouse to figure out if they've changed it. Turns out that they have no idea what our street was supposed to be called. Reminder, I live in an old elementary school that was operational from 1950 to the 1990's. Somehow the name of the street that is on our deed that the school was using for 40 some years was never an official name. I honestly have no idea how I was receiving mail in the first place, or why it suddenly stopped working. The actual address number on our deed was actually attached to the walnut tree up the street. Apparently there used to be a farm house there some 80 years ago. Our actual building had several numbers assigned to it, because it used to be a cluster of farm houses back when the railroad still ran through here. Happily they got everything straightened out to match our deed, thus concluding yet another adventure in rural Kentucky land.

Also, while digging through various paperwork, there was apparently an ice cream shop around here back in the 60's. That's neat, but also a bit bizarre. It's old location means that it went in long after the railroad went out, but the town died when they tore up the tracks. Maybe they were selling to the kids that went to school here?
Forgive me for not taking scientific advice from someone who thinks evolution is bullshit.

Jean-Chrysostôme Bruneteau de Sainte-Suzanne

• Flagging in his old age
  • Duke
    • View Profile
  • M&BWBNW
« Reply #3226 on: July 25, 2017, 07:06:10 AM »
Almost certainly had to do with an old postal supervisor remembering the lay of the land, when he retired or died, no one knew how to handle it anymore. A lot of obscure mail stuff is handled via oral tradition as opposed to anything properly organized. :lol:

National Founding Figure Respecter

• Marquis
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
« Reply #3227 on: July 25, 2017, 01:31:29 PM »
Joe Pesci. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't his name translate to something like Joe Fish? :lol:

It would. Pesci is plural of pesce, which means fish. I wonder how many jokes about sleeping with the fishes his wife has heard in her lifetime?

Moose!

• poorly-drawn
  • Duke
  • I'm an alligator.
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Enthusiastic_Moose
« Reply #3228 on: July 25, 2017, 08:36:51 PM »
Probably not that many, since he's American, and he hasn't ever been married (to the same person) for a very long time.
Come check out my new BoP!

Serpent Of Eden

• Doing Ché a blowjob
  • Duke
  • Permanent Posting Ban
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: Rebelknight
  • M&BWBWF&SNWVC
« Reply #3229 on: July 26, 2017, 06:29:26 AM »
I want to try out Kvass but i don't know if Kvass is sold in Canada.
I also want to try Irn bru but its probably not sold here.  :(

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: July 26, 2017, 07:52:37 AM »
I want to try out Kvass but i don't know if Kvass is sold in Canada.

Don't you have stores run by Russian or Ukrainian expats? They sell it sometimes, but wildly overpriced.

Most commercial kvass brands are far too syrupy sweet for me, it's like drinking malt extract. The one I remember liking best was khlebny kray.

I tried making some kvass for myself the other day using some homemade sourdough bread, but I didn't consider how much salt there was in that bread.  Had to pour out the lot, I guess I'll try again sometime.

Lumos

• Probably Not a Help Desk
  • Modification Area Moderator
  • Mens INsana in corpore sano
    • Steam - lumosx
    • YouTube - LumosX
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • M&BWBWF&SNWVC
« Reply #3231 on: July 26, 2017, 08:46:58 AM »
I know it's sold in the US, so I'm guessing it's possible you'll find it in Canada too. But don't be bothered if you don't, it's really nothing special. It also contains "Sunset Yellow", one of those suspicious food colourings that are totally safe.
(Then again, I'm generally not particularly fond of sweet drinks, especially carbonated ones, so it's possible that YMMV.)

Densetsu

• Poop Golem
  • Marquis
  • Age of Empires II
    • View Profile
    • Age of Empires II
  • MP nick: Age of Empires II
« Reply #3232 on: July 26, 2017, 10:47:52 AM »
Any of you chodez want two play Neverwinter Nights multiplayer? Neverwinter Nights is on my mind!

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: July 26, 2017, 10:55:09 AM »
I am down.

Úlfheðinn

• Anti-Wellenist
  • Language Moderator
  • Professional Swede
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #3234 on: July 26, 2017, 11:20:16 AM »
1. When?

2. As long as I can play a monk and punch people in the face.
Silence moderator! We're holding an informative salon here and your presence is not needed.

K-64

• Crotchety Fart
  • Archduke
  • barkyphobic
    • Steam - K-64
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: July 26, 2017, 11:45:13 AM »
I know it's sold in the US

Considering just how much they change/take out from the UK recipe to be sold in the US... it pretty much isn't sold in the US.
Quote from: Eктωρ
SCOTSMAN
Quote from: Eктωρ
YOU'RE GENIUS

Lumos

• Probably Not a Help Desk
  • Modification Area Moderator
  • Mens INsana in corpore sano
    • Steam - lumosx
    • YouTube - LumosX
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nord
  • M&BWBWF&SNWVC
« Reply #3236 on: July 26, 2017, 11:57:23 AM »
Considering just how much they change/take out from the UK recipe to be sold in the US... it pretty much isn't sold in the US.
Huh, I wasn't aware of that. I guess it's not really sold in the US then. :P

Evvv

• Goblet
  • Duke
  • Strange Mood: Has the aspect of one fey!
    • Steam - Evvvv
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • WBWF&SNWVC
« Reply #3237 on: July 26, 2017, 02:42:27 PM »
Isn't the only difference the coloring agent?
Well then no **** sherlock, get an army or get out.
You are really dedicated to being garbage.

NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL

• BioAfrikaner
  • Duke
  • 🖕IF YOUR EASILY OFFENDED...GROW SOME BALLS...!!🖕
    • Twitter - yaqobhyndes
    • View Profile
    • Artwork Gallery
  • Faction: Khergit
« Reply #3238 on: July 26, 2017, 03:16:21 PM »
Ae daffrence is at it's no ****

• Marquis
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: July 26, 2017, 11:20:05 PM »
I baked a couple of loaves of bread by a recipe from my dad's Swedish bread recipe book, using the recipe "Finnish rye bread" as I often have before. This bread is made only of rye flour, no wheat in it's whatsoever. And it's a sourdough bread. Now this time I used molds for the bread although the recipe called for two round breads (liberally sprinkled with rye flour so the bread becomes richly "crackelerad" ,as it's called in Swedish, on its crust.)

I learned my lesson as the breads, although appearing very attractive and looking like a normal loaf of bread like you'd get out of a bakery, were monstrous; for as I eagerly cut one of the loaves with a knife I found that the uppermost part of the bread, or the bit that had leavened in the mold, was hollow and the crust  hung grotesquely above this hollow as I cut the bread. Let this be a cautionary tale about rye bread! Don't treat it as another kind of bread.