Your own faction???

Users who are viewing this thread

zatila

Recruit
This is maybe a bad idea :shock: but i think it would be fun to make your own faction, maybe so you could choose to make a faction at the beginning of the game, or later in the game :wink:
Please tell me what you think :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

zatila said:
This is maybe a bad idea :shock: but i think it would be fun to make your own faction, maybe so you could choose to make a faction at the beginning of the game, or later in the game :wink:
Please tell me what you think :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Well my idea is. You choose a party name at the begining (What your groups name is when you mouse over it) And if you take over a castle without joining a faction, that becomes your faction (King/Queen (Player Name), Of (Group name))

[/quote]
Well my idea is. You choose a party name at the begining (What your groups name is when you mouse over it) And if you take over a castle without joining a faction, that becomes your faction (King/Queen (Player Name), Of (Group name))
[/quote]

YES! THAT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT  :grin: (Mind reader :grin:)

This has been suggested before, and most of the guys in these forums think it would be unrealistic.

Why do threads like this still exist?  When you fight for one of the claimants, now, you HAVE your own faction.  :???:

They do everything but put the crown on your head -and IIRC, if you rebel against the claimant, the claimant goes away and, voila!  Your very own faction.

Destichado said:
Why do threads like this still exist?  When you fight for one of the claimants, now, you HAVE your own faction.  :???:

They do everything but put the crown on your head -and IIRC, if you rebel against the claimant, the claimant goes away and, voila!  Your very own faction.
I don't WANT to be swadia rebels though. I want to be KING of my OWN FACTION. You should name your party at the begining, (Before you play), and if you take a kingdom without pledging to one of the rebellion groups or the factions, you become king of your own faction. Would also be neat to hire and maintain your own merchants and lords to (At very high costs)

As it is, i took a castle WITHOUT talking to ANY rebel leaders. Depending on what castle i took, I became (Factions castle) rebels.

What people want is more IMMERSION into the whole idea of becoming your own king

Oh jeez sorry I wasn't thinking :oops:. I ment earlier that some players say that it doesn't fit M&B, but now the sitsuation has changed, I guess.

vimsu said:
Oh jeez sorry I wasn't thinking :oops:. I ment earlier that some players say that it doesn't fit M&B, but now the sitsuation has changed, I guess.
Well thing is some wish to be a soldier in a legion, while others wish to be the ruler who moves forth to conquer the lands. As it stands, Diplomacy, politics, and lord/kingship need quite a bit of work in M&B

Example. I had 56 disposition with the swadians. I had 0 with khergits.  APPARENTLY, theres a glitch that, when you own someones castle, and their enemies loot one of your newly aquired villages, they consider it YOU looted it so now, even though i never looted ANY villages, and only ever AIDED the khergits, they declared war for me looting their village

The swadians just randomly declared war for NO reason, no explanation

DamienZharkoff said:
Zaro said:
Whoever thinks it is unrealistic better take another look at their history books.
Ignore it, he's probably a troll

Apparently you are ignorant of William the Bastard.  M&B should allow you to make your own faction (without it being a cheat), rebel against a faction to become king (without the claimants to the throne) and blackmail a king to making you heir to the throne (like what William the Bastard did).

Spanish_Broomaker said:
DamienZharkoff said:
Zaro said:
Whoever thinks it is unrealistic better take another look at their history books.

Apparently you are ignorant of William the Bastard.  M&B should allow you to make your own faction (without it being a cheat), rebel against a faction to become king (without the claimants to the throne) and blackmail a king to making you heir to the throne (like what William the Bastard did).

Or begin ruling just cause your tired of seeing king ragnars hairy bum in the seat, Yes the troll comment was directed on the other person you just qouted who admitted he was dead wrong, hehe

DamienZharkoff said:
Spanish_Broomaker said:
DamienZharkoff said:
Zaro said:

Or begin ruling just cause your tired of seeing king ragnars hairy bum in the seat, Yes the troll comment was directed on the other person you just qouted who admitted he was dead wrong, hehe

Both of your posts don't make sense.

Anyway I think M&B should give the player the choice to follow William the Bastard's example.

Spanish_Broomaker said:
DamienZharkoff said:
Spanish_Broomaker said:
DamienZharkoff said:
Zaro said:

Anyway I think M&B should give the player the choice to follow William the Bastard's example.
Varo, man you commented, said something to Vimsu, a man who said no one likes the idea of own kingdom. Learn to read all posts of someone before commenting.
If you DID read my prior post, you'd see earlier vimsu's comment stating "This has been suggested before, and most of the guys in these forums think it would be unrealistic."

And mine stating "Well my idea is. You choose a party name at the begining (What your groups name is when you mouse over it) And if you take over a castle without joining a faction, that becomes your faction (King/Queen (Player Name), Of (Group name))"

No, you're just confused. My post is quite clear if you read it properly, and you're actually just agreeing with me. The post that followed mine also makes sense, telling me not to take the post I replied to seriously.

One could integrate the ideas brought forth from Bandit King into this version. Make it that one has "Player Faction" but then on one of the menus you can rename the faction to "Kingdom of Kickassistan." or something.

if you are a vassal of a faction, you conquer a castle but the king dosen't give you it you can ignore him and take the castle on your own, of course you will be kicked out of the faction and they will probably declare war on you...

Jadow said:
if you are a vassal of a faction, you conquer a castle but the king dosen't give you it you can ignore him and take the castle on your own, of course you will be kicked out of the faction and they will probably declare war on you...
you become (Castles original owners faction) rebels

To be honest with you i dont really care about my own faction i just like taking over towns and looting villages + owning war parties thats the best fun of the game!!!...

Back
Top Bottom