WRECKER: a tool for hassle-free WRECK integration!

Users who are viewing this thread

mercury19

Sergeant at Arms
First and foremost, this is a tool to be used with W.R.E.C.K. If you don't know what that is, you should definitely check it out here.

In short, "W.R.E.C.K. is designed as replacement for the module system compiler provided by Taleworlds, providing drastically improved performance, enhanced error reporting and a number of advanced features potentially useful in Warband mod development." It's pretty cool.

But to get full integration, you have to do a bunch of tedious find/replace hunts and change a bunch of imports, and I have the attention span of a peanut for things like that. So I sat down and made this tool here, which does all of that for you.

Before the link, a couple of things:

1) I have only tested this on Native 1.171 modsys and the Module System Overhaul by Autolykos, which required one manual change. It should work on other mod's modsys, but I will make no guarantees as it relies on the modder's naming conventions.

2) There are two types of native errors that WRECk picks up that are not picked up by the Native compiler. One is in scripts, and the other is a series of duplicate issues. These are, again, native errors. They do not hinder compilation, and I don't know what effect they have on gameplay but I imagine it's minimal. You can ignore them or fix them, just don't report them to me or ask in the WRECK thread about them, because they aren't related to WRECK or WRECKER.

Now, without further ado, the tool itself!

I'll see if I can get some half decent screenshots of the tool, but it's just a cmd prompt with an optional text menu so don't hold your breath.

The actual download itself is here:
https://github.com/mercury19/WRECKERdevspace

The installation instructions and more details about what the tool actually does are also there. Find the section titled WRECKER-1.1 in really large lettering, and read from their. It's near the bottom of the page when you open it up.

This is an Open Source Project, so if you want to make changes and then release them, go for it. Just let me know, I might want to use your version over mine :razz:.
I included the source folder I used for development but it's not necessary unless you want to see my draft/testing version. Other than that it's just native source code.

And finally, I'd like to thank Lav (even though they aren't active atm) for creating WRECK, and kalarhan for answering my questions giving me tips on how to improve my code.

That's all I've got, let me know if you've got questions or comments!

mercury19 said:
First and foremost, this is a tool to be used with W.R.E.C.K. If you don't know what that is, you should definitely check it out [ur=https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,325102.0.htmll]here.[/url]

In short, "W.R.E.C.K. is designed as replacement for the module system compiler provided by Taleworlds, providing drastically improved performance, enhanced error reporting and a number of advanced features potentially useful in Warband mod development." It's pretty cool.

But to get full integration, you have to do a bunch of tedious find/replace hunts and change a bunch of imports, and I have the attention span of a peanut for things like that. So I sat down and made this tool here, which does all of that for you.

Before the link, a couple of things:

1) I have only tested this on Native 1.171 modsys. It should work on other mod's modsys, but I will make no guarantees as it relies on the modder's naming conventions.

2) There are two types of native errors that WRECk picks up that are not picked up by the Native compiler. One is in scripts, and the other is a series of duplicate issues. These are, again, native errors. They do not hinder compilation, and I don't know what effect they have on gameplay but I imagine it's minimal. You can ignore them or fix them, just don't report them to me or ask in the WRECK thread about them, because they aren't related to WRECK or WRECKER.

Now, without further ado, the tool itself!

I'll see if I can get some half decent screenshots of the tool, but it's just a cmd prompt with an optional text menu so don't hold your breath.

The actual download itself is here:
https://github.com/mercury19/WRECKERdevspace

The installation instructions and more details about what the tool actually does are also there. Find the section titled WRECKER-1.1 in really large lettering, and read from their. It's near the bottom of the page when you open it up.

This is an Open Source Project, so if you want to make changes and then release them, go for it. Just let me know, I might want to use your version over mine :razz:.
I included the source folder I used for development but it's not necessary unless you want to see my draft/testing version. Other than that it's just native source code.

And finally, I'd like to thank Lav (even though they aren't active atm) for creating WRECK, and kalarhan for answering my questions giving me tips on how to improve my code.

That's all I've got, let me know if you've got questions or comments!
thanks mercury19 it helps a lot !!

No problem, glad you find it helpful  :grin:

Quick update, the import fixer was missing a couple module_ files and some header_ files need an extra import to be used in a subdirectory, so I added support for that.

mercury19 said:
No problem, glad you find it helpful  :grin:

Quick update, the import fixer was missing a couple module_ files and some header_ files need an extra import to be used in a subdirectory, so I added support for that.
thanks !

Back
Top Bottom