Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Users who are viewing this thread

Vraelomon said:
Aaaaaand they ruined it already  :meh:

it is pretty obvious the name is not literal, it is meant to keep people talking about the movie. Lets hope the trailers won't spoil the big surprise (real meaning of the title)

as a fan of EU I would like to see the formation of a new order and academy, with "jedi" that can marry and have children, not limited to only training kids or the rule of 1 master = 1 padawan. Lets move on from pure light x pure dark and go back to the origins of the order (which is implied heavily by the fact Luke went after the first temple), when there were mostly grey jedi.

Rey is too generic to be defeated.

To quote the comments:
[quote author=nahor88]
Return of the Jedi -> The Force AWAKENS -> The LAST JEDI.... doesn't add up to me.
[/quote]

"The Last" in a movie title has to be a trope. Just saying, I think it just sounds like a generic title.

That said, I feel like we've already seen a scenario where a character is the last jedi and now this is going to rehash that  scenario, in the way that the plot device capable of destroying planets scenario has been used.
I hope all the jedis are killed in this one. Then perhaps some years in to the future, we get a movie where the protagonist turns to the light side instead.

...And all the later movies have Sith in the starring role and we see things from their side of the story as the good guys who wish to bring order to the galaxy....

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Luke trains Rey, then dies.
_apHI.jpg

GKWcI.jpg

If they continue with the thinly veiled plot lifts of OT movie, Rey will be semi-trained and then have to leave suddenly, facing Snoke/Kylo/someone and suffer a character-building defeat.

Though there have been a few pretty substantial hints as to how this will be a different movie.
- Daisy Ridley has commented on how the audience will love/be impressed with Luke in this movie, which to me hints to a more active role than Yoda had in Ep V. I, for one, really want to see that ol' green lightsaber in action again.
- It will start immediately after TFA, with the first conversation Rey and Luke have upon meeting on the Island of Wherever. That hints towards a focus on their relationship, and allows Luke to tell his side of the story on screen. Which in turn allows him to do a "what I tell you is the truth (from a certain point of view)" elaboration of who Snoke is, what happened to Ben Solo, and why he himself is hiding. Such a circumvention of the truth will create some drama when Rey finally finds out she's Snoke's brother's wookie's friend's daughter. Oy vey.

Captured Joe said:
Kharille said:
Maybe they'll have another deathstar in this one...  only this one looks like a big pile of floating bantha podoo....
Maybe it'll be a giant George Lucas head floating in space...

"…..Thats no moon…."

Hey, was those light saber fighting fluff authentic, or is Lucas going to dismiss those vaapa and atari as fan made bantha droppings?

Seff said:
If they continue with the thinly veiled plot lifts of OT movie, Rey will be semi-trained and then have to leave suddenly, facing Snoke/Kylo/someone and suffer a character-building defeat.

That kinda already happened in Force Awakens. But I'm not holding my breath at this point.

Back
Top Bottom