No Smoke Effect When Adding New Firearms Item

Users who are viewing this thread

basically i just copying an existing firearms item and changing the stats using Morgh's Editor.. and i use an existing mesh.. seems the data is in the script then?

i still can't comprehend the module system.. like, what the hell is that?.. =.=" .. so i always use text editor when tweaking the game..

The module system has basically the same function as the text files, but the module system is easier to understand, allows you to do way more, and doesn't crash if you add an extra space where it shouldn't be. It doesn't take long to set up, visit this page if you encounter any problems.

Compiling the module system will overwrite all your current .txt file edits, so beware.

note that modsys for this game is quite different from Warband, so you will need to read this game own guide/tutorial to learn how to use it.

Tutorials from the Forge won't work as presented there.

The PDF (guide) and modsys (game code, on a zip file) are on your game folder

i try using module_system but, i got confused how to compile it..

everytime i run module build_module.bat the window ends instantly.. maybe i miss in setting up environment for export path.. how to do it correctly?

metal fake said:
i try using module_system but, i got confused how to compile it..

kalarhan said:
The PDF (guide) and modsys (game code, on a zip file) are on your game folder

did you check the 40+ pages guide that comes with the modsys?

seems you didn't install Python 2.x, or you did without setting the modsys environment variables (which is not done the same as with Warband). Should be explained in the guide IIRC.

Also don't forget to add Python 2.x to your environment (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6318156/adding-python-path-on-windows-7), as this is the first step 

i've instal python 2.7.13 and i set the environment for python.. but still didn't work..

i think i miss in the setting the environment for build_module.bat

how do you do this "set variable OIM_CARIBBEAN_EXPORT_PATH (for single player module) or OIM_CARIBBEAN_MP_EXPORT_PATH (for multiplayer module) pointing to the destination game module folder"?

what exact syntax should i write in build_module.bat? sorry i really lack experience in coding..

edit : oopsies.. so setting variable for oim_caribbean_export_path is just like setting variable path for python right? it's running now..

ok.. so i have using module_system to create items and tweak the game.. but the problem still exist.. my new added musket didn't burst smoke..

try to search at script or particle but don't seems to be there.. maybe is there an id system that define your item as musket so you get the effect? because all musket and pistols are categorized as crossbow, but they still get the effect..

Try adding your new firearms in the script 10900_game_missile_launch.oim & recompiling the module system. You need to insert it with similar length firearms to use their position numbers which locate particle effects (fire & smoke) at the firing lock and muzzle.

##Rifles
try_begin
                this_or_next|eq, ":item_id", "itm_arquebus_1"
                this_or_next|eq, ":item_id", "itm_mynewfirearm"

Back
Top Bottom