[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.8+

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

saxondragon

Sergeant Knight at Arms
As this is made up of volunteers, we can only support the most current version of Prophesy of Pendor.

Post your questions and bugs and we will collect them up and if needed, release patches addressing these issues.

Was these units supposed to look like that? specially the mortals with that nordish-like armor, also the immortals got the wrong helmet?
ObyYoZV

If the image don't load try the link
http://imgur.com/ObyYoZV
What happened with the Immortal helm, did you guys remove it?

There's a possible bug with the animations on the arena practice staff. Frequently, the animation for the upward block has the staff turned ninety degrees from the normal animation, so that it looks like the stabbing animation except at head level.

Im often getting problems when accessing loot after battle (bandits and red brotherhood only do far). It gets me something like "Debugging free space 66" and the items are in a disarray, I need to search them all for the valuable ones.

Also, while playing via WSEloader, I get a lot of errors (entering taverns, counting renown value before battle). No real issues I had so far, but they worry me something might get wrong. Dont know if just WSE related or constant and just not displayed in normal launched game.

Crtcus said:
Also, while playing via WSEloader, I get a lot of errors (entering taverns, counting renown value before battle). No real issues I had so far, but they worry me something might get wrong. Dont know if just WSE related or constant and just not displayed in normal launched game.
I dont think it's advisable to use WSE with mods that don't use it. It might have changed but last time I used it it downgraded your game version to one that WSE was compatible with so you are technicaly playing the mod on an out of date and unsupported version of the game.

Crtcus said:
Im often getting problems when accessing loot after battle (bandits and red brotherhood only do far). It gets me something like "Debugging free space 66" and the items are in a disarray, I need to search them all for the valuable ones.

POP wasn't made or tested to be played with WSE, so I would advice avoiding it.

Crtcus said:

Same here. But always. And I don't know what WSEloader is.

1. Got a release prisoner quest from Alexis, there are 3 prisoners in Javi, i beat the guard, tell the lords to follow me, but when i go back to the town center the lords are not there and the guard won't fight me (i even have the option to dialogue with the guard, he tells me to prepare to die) but nothing happens.

2. Also, the items in loot stay in weird order for me too. Same error.

3. Entering taverns or battles shows some errors but nothing bad actually happens.

Is it correct that i am using 1158 or is there a newer version of warband you guys worked with?
Anyways, heading for more testing.

P.S. 5 Days into the game and the Dshar already own ~4-5 Empire settlements. Should i be worried?

sher said:
Crtcus said:

Same here. But always. And I don't know what WSEloader is.

Oh it's a debugging message I forgot to remove, and a sorting I forgot to put : ) Nothing crucial, will be fixed.

mniezo said:
3. Entering taverns or battles shows some errors but nothing bad actually happens.

Is it correct that i am using 1158 or is there a newer version of warband you guys worked with?

P.S. 5 Days into the game and the Dshar already own ~4-5 Empire settlements. Should i be worried?

You need 1.168, the error you get in tavern comes from a script that needs 1.165+.

Could you please tell me if you still can't do the prison quest after that?

mniezo said:
1. Got a release prisoner quest from Alexis, there are 3 prisoners in Javi, i beat the guard, tell the lords to follow me, but when i go back to the town center the lords are not there and the guard won't fight me (i even have the option to dialogue with the guard, he tells me to prepare to die) but nothing happens.

2. Also, the items in loot stay in weird order for me too. Same error.

Update to at least 1.168.
World domination should be more random in this version.

So as I like to do, I decided to swiftly go through the Characters list in the reports tab, and I'm getting the feeling that something's really funky in the new world generator.

First thing I noticed that may be intentional, is that the old families aren't the same anymore, and family relations seem to be randomized now (started 2 games to check). At least in the past, Lady Sonadel was always the sister of Lord Andre, and the daughter of Baron Godric, but they're now in 3 separate families.

What is more damning, is that there's a few cases where graphics are given out very oddly. As I recall, it used to be only young, single women used to have the "pretty" looks, and I came across a family where Entrica (pretty) is 51 years of age, the wife of Baron Herewad. They have 2 daughters, Melisar and Berantys of whom Melisar is 28 years old and looks like an old woman with wrinkes and gray hair, which tells me she's supposed to be the mother.

Another thing I'm not 100% sure on, is that I think I hired 6 Mercenary Horsemen, but ended up with 6 Sellswords. Now this was my first hire, and hasn't happened again yet (Haven't run into other Mercenary Horsemen in Taverns yet either), so I'm not absolutely certain, I wasn't paying that close attention to my party composition yet. But thought it's worth mentioning.

If you like, I can post pictures of the weird family, but as far as I can tell, the face models are the same across playthroughs, so I trust the names are enough to tell who went where.

EDIT: Oh, and a debug command was left in when looting after battle. I'm talking about the thing that pops up saying "DEBUG: [Number of spaces]". Honestly I don't mind it, just thought I'd point out, might as well.

EDIT 2: Made a mistake initially. It's Melisar who is "28 years old" and looks very old.

Aight 1168 does help with the errors in taverns, which are gone (didn't try any battles yet, but i assume those will be gone too).

However, the quest still doesn't work. To explain all my steps:

- Went to Alexis, he told me Gustov is imprisoned in Javi
- Promised to release the scum by force
- Went to Jayek, payed 300 to light a fire
- Went to Javi, there are 3 imprisoned lords there
- The fire did work, because there are only two guards in Javi
- Got the keys by killing the guard, 1- told all 3 lords imprisoned there to follow me, didn't work. 2. - told all 3 lords to stay behind, didn't work. 3. Told only Gustov to stay behind, didn't work.
- Basically, going back to the town center gives 2 guards, lords will not follow, guards will not attack, i can just walk out and try again.
- Guards will alow a dialogue, telling me to prep to die.
- Relationship with Konigur/Javi is positive so didn't need to disguise.

mniezo said:
Aight 1168 does help with the errors in taverns, which are gone (didn't try any battles yet, but i assume those will be gone too).

However, the quest still doesn't work. To explain all my steps:

- Went to Alexis, he told me Gustov is imprisoned in Javi
- Promised to release the scum by force
- Went to Jayek, payed 300 to light a fire
- Went to Javi, there are 3 imprisoned lords there
- The fire did work, because there are only two guards in Javi
- Got the keys by killing the guard, 1- told all 3 lords imprisoned there to follow me, didn't work. 2. - told all 3 lords to stay behind, didn't work. 3. Told only Gustov to stay behind, didn't work.
- Basically, going back to the town center gives 2 guards, lords will not follow, guards will not attack, i can just walk out and try again.
- Guards will alow a dialogue, telling me to prep to die.
- Relationship with Konigur/Javi is positive so didn't need to disguise.

City prison break never worked for me in 3.8. Castle city break worked as it should though I didn't try it in last iterations. Just avoid rescuing prisoners from cities.

The ebony swords don't have the show_holster_when_drawn attribute selected, so the holster disappears when you draw the sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom