stuck again on "being a viking: trading furs" quest

Users who are viewing this thread

cynan101

Recruit
This is part of the Sven storyline. so I am supposed to track down a letter and the King of danmark gave me money to buy information from the portmaster of Ribe.
So the portmaster offered to let me take furs to Hogni in Dubh Linn instead of paying 12k. so to keep more money for myself I took it. But when I get to dubh linn I stroll through the town and I cannot find Hogni (the merchant i'm supposed to sell to) anywhere. so I just sold the fur to him in the "trading with the locals" in the city options. But when I got back to the portmaster there is no dialog about the trading of furs. Just the standard portmaster dialog options.
I really looked everywhere in dubh linn but its a bigger city with lots of buildings close together making the search very difficult ( I think I spent nearly an hour combing the city). (very frustrating)
Or do i just forget it and pay the 12k and move on.  :sad:

use cheat menu, get your furs back and talk to the npc at his store. Its a dialog, you can't continue the quest by selling the stuff to him (via the trading menu). You need to go to his store.

probably went by that building a dozen times and didn't know to look at the door.  :facepalm: I thought the only buildings you can go in while strolling the city were the lords halls...

cynan101 said:
This is part of the Sven storyline. so I am supposed to track down a letter and the King of danmark gave me money to buy information from the portmaster of Ribe.
So the portmaster offered to let me take furs to Hogni in Dubh Linn instead of paying 12k. so to keep more money for myself I took it. But when I get to dubh linn I stroll through the town and I cannot find Hogni (the merchant i'm supposed to sell to) anywhere. so I just sold the fur to him in the "trading with the locals" in the city options. But when I got back to the portmaster there is no dialog about the trading of furs. Just the standard portmaster dialog options.
I really looked everywhere in dubh linn but its a bigger city with lots of buildings close together making the search very difficult ( I think I spent nearly an hour combing the city). (very frustrating)
Or do i just forget it and pay the 12k and move on.  :sad:
Hahahaha It's just like the Adda's quest, just wander around Dubh Linn, until you find a door that says "To the merchant".

Back
Top Bottom