SP Dark Ages [Submod] Blood Eagle-Independent VC mod (released 3.3)

Users who are viewing this thread

NEW !!!!!!!!!!!!---Blood Eagle HotFix for 3.4---!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW

Hey Guys, sorry that it took some time but like i sad we have no such thing, called time..

BUT

I found some Time left, i first have to thank you all mostly ha3481 that he did share this information/ the Fix for that shield bug with you all

I will do an update today because i found some time left for that also as a gift and a excuse for that bug, you get a few nice Tweaks into Blood Eagle, too.

What is new?
-Shield Bug fixed!
-Villages are harder to raid
-You get a chance to loot ships after sea battle of 70% and they can be looted with a very poor condition or the best condition. So there you can make more money.
-Traders have more money in Towns
-Fief taxes have been changed you get a lower fief inefficienty and they only start at Campaign Ai low/bad 15fiefs, at medium 12 fiefs when AI is set to good 10 fiefs. This is done to make the late game more playable with bigger Armies and many fiefs
-Get more relation when freeing a Lord
-and a few other small ones

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6139/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmbwarband%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D6139&pUp=1

It is better to start a new Game with the fix and those tweaks to appear directly and right but you don't have to start a new Game it will just take some in game days, time.

I hope you still enjoy, let us know when you find something. THX
HooTmAn

YouTube
Blood Eagle Mod Series at YouTube! from CoGaTeGaming

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWfqaGNnqGqIJ-aPNOQdc7t2QAVJT2kAZ

First of all, Thanks is a great mod!! :smile:))

I came here with a few observations and suggestions.
1.-Rewarding troop tree, I have the same observations made before, axedane and speardane end in huscarl, women tree end in huntress.
And so on several ones aparently.

2.-Crash on sieges, I really dont know it seems random.

3.-Clothes, armours and gambersons, the viking conquest uses new with wider shoulders, is it on porpouse to use the current ones that resemble warband?, also to my personal taste clothes are too gray with little color variation, and personally like the original gamberson model and texture.

4. Throwing weapons, in general are to ope. just and observations xD

Suggestions
Rewarding the nord troop tree:
(current)
Shieldwarrior> Axedane> Sworddane> Housecarl
                        Speardane>Sworddane/Raider>Housecarl

Shieldwarrior> Hirdman> Sworddane> Housecarl
                                        a. Hirmathr > b. Marauder
                                                            c. Berserker
                        Speardane> d. Shieldbrother> e. Hersir
                                                                        f. Ulfheidin
                        g. Raider

Now what is what:
a. Hirmathr is as the sworddane but with axe.
b. Marauder is like a housecarl but has one handed axe, 2 handed axe, shield and throwing.
c. It would be nice to have a way of obtaining berserkers rather than having to go to a hof and so.
d. in the current tree if you upgrade them we lose our spear infantry, the housecarl is and elite noble class, the ones who wielded spears or axes were usually the comon folk.
e. (d and e) are like their sword counter part but weild spears, shield, seax and throwing.
f. as the berserkers it would be nice to have a way of getting them. spear, axe, shield and throwing.
g. is instead of the current cav unit, which in my opinion should be light cav for strike fast, currently is (medium-heavy) in my opinion.

Skirmisher> Javelinwoman
                  Archer

I believe the javelinwoman shouldnt exist

Skirmisher
Archer> Hunter> Mailed Archer

(Just like the vc vanilla tree, adding a mailed archer and a skirmisher unit, with horn instead of the hornman)

Rewarding woman tree in the nord tree

a. Skirmisheress> b. Archeress> c. Huntress
                            d. Shieldmaiden> e. Mailed shieldmaiden

a. just like the skirmisher.
b. like the current archer
c. gambersson, spear, shield and bow.
d. spear, shield, axe and throwing weapon.
e. like the shieldmaiden but with mail.

PD: Dont want to be picky but there are too many closed helmets (I mean the ones of the closed face chainmail.             

I'm having an odd bug in Blood Eagle. When I hold F1 to point my troops where to "Hold Position" the game freezes for 4 to 6 seconds or so, and then I can Hold F1 as usual.

Pretty slight problem, but maybe someone can help me out.

Blood Eagle PN(Polished Native, style)1.1
-You need the Viking Conquest DLC in order to play It!

Graphics:

-Combined the Viking Conquest Module with Polished Landscapes, with many many fixes and new Meshes and Textures!

-Edit many scenes.

-New, different Textures for a lot of stuff!

-Polished World Map

-Way more Game World immersion overall.(+small things like, borders, sky)

Music/Sounds:

-Complete overhauled music

-Some new sounds

Twaeks:

-Villages are harder to raid

-You get a chance to loot ships after sea battle of 50% and they can be looted with a very
poor condition or the best condition. So there you can make more money.

-Fief taxes have been changed, you get more money

-No spears in Tournaments

-More money from raiding montessoris

-The leveling for the Player and NPC is a bit easier, you get more XP

-Buildings are build a bit faster

+some other tweaks

Troops:

-Overhauled Women Tree

-Coork staff replaced with a club

Based on Warband 1.172 and VC 2.036

Have fun and enjoy!

Many Thanks to Brytenwalda Team for VC and Dark Age from
ha3481 a graphic overhaul submod for VC . Assets have been used from It and Viking Conquest, Brytenwalda, PolishedLandscapes from gutekfiutek, CWE OSP, too. Music Credits:The Messenger (Original VC music composer), Ramin Djawadi (about one song from GOT used in this mod) Trevor Morris (Composer for the Vikings tv show), and a few independent random youtube songs I wasn't able to track the authors.

Download link: http://www.moddb.com/mods/blood-eagle
Guadaña said:
I'm having an odd bug in Blood Eagle. When I hold F1 to point my troops where to "Hold Position" the game freezes for 4 to 6 seconds or so, and then I can Hold F1 as usual.

Pretty slight problem, but maybe someone can help me out.
Sounds like a CPU or Memory problem with your PC. I don't have such issue. Try to play with only 150 Troops the min Battle size.

Guys, this mod has nothing to do with VC reforged right? What happens if you have reforged and did away with the "vanilla" VC; you can't play this mod? Or did you incorporate stuff found in reforged into your mod? What are the perks compared to reforged? Haha, I hope someone replies...

Verisoxy said:
Guys, this mod has nothing to do with VC reforged right?

VC RE (Viking Conquest Reforged Edition) is just the name of VC version 2.0 (a big free update for the original 1.0 game). If you have any version after that (which you should, as 1.x is not longer available for download), you have RE.
^ similar to many games that release the "Game of the Year Edition" after 6-12 months with DLC and patches on one package.

Based on Warband 1.172 and VC 2.036

this mod is based on VC 2.036, which means it is based on 2.x, which means it is based on RE.

How to disable, the flight of enemies from the battlefield? You need to make sure that they fight to the end?
(Disabled troop routing)

Hi!

So following
HooTmAn
QUOTE "We hope you still enjoy this Mod and of course you can do some own modding with it for ya self. If you are eager to create new Troop trees and want to put new items in it, we might put your well made collection into this Mod, let us know or we will do one, one day."

I modify troop tree for every nation( excluding Frisians), also I change some weapons and little parties.

Units are now more standardized but the same unit still have various weapons and armors.
Little description:
Norse have strong infrantry but weak missle unit and medicore cavalery. They infrantry faster get better armor and skills.
Britons have most balanced troop tree.
Irish have strong throwers and weak cavalery.
Saxon have strong archers and cavalery but weak infrantry.
Pictish have strong light infrantry with javelins and crossbowmens.
Angles have balanced troop tree with most armored units.
Frisians are not done yet.

Every nation have 3 special unit whos better then others.
I also make some mercenaries. I wanna to make for every mercenary short unit tree.
Caravan Parties are changed(have  more units and more gold and goods)
Some weapons are changed:
-Missle weapons(bows, crossbows and javelins)
-Shields are less durable- not finished yet.

I hope I didnt forget something.

LINK

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandbladevikingconquest/mods/6

What do you think about it?
Its worth to continue?

I make it on 3.4 version.

Tried this sub-mod out after finding Native VC RE lacking in certain areas.

I must admit that I was shocked when I looked at the new troop tree. The weapon proficiencies of the top tier units of every faction pretty much got halfed, with the best of the bunch barely reaching 200. Maybe the Native numbers were a bit high (Norse Bodyguard had 385 One-Handed), but then again I'm coming from Prophesy of Pendor, where it is not uncommon to see numbers way beyond that. I understand that this mod strifes for a more realistic approach, but if you are a professional fighter trained to the highest degree, you'd be way more proficient at your craft than those guys are.

200 WP is not nearly enough in my opinion, it makes facing those units way less threatening than it should be. The player can reach those numbers after a very short amount of time, which in turn makes you the most fearsome warrior in all of Britain and Scandinavia. That doesn't feel right at all, I don't want to feel overpowered after just a couple of IG months. Was there a reason to nerf it that hard? I get the low tier troops (peasants and such), but the top tier ones should have been left alone. Also missile damage seems too high, I'm able to one-shot Sworddanes (Tier 4) from day 1 with just any bow.

While I think there are a lot of things wrong with VC RE, the start of the game there felt like an actual struggle (sandbox, not the huge waste of time that is the story mode), while with Blood Eagle I can just buy a horse for dirt-cheap and yolo into battles. Also you seem to have gotten rid of all the "special" units (standard bearer, hornman), why is that? It added a nice little touch and gave variety, something that the main game was already lacking to begin with. While your troop trees may look bigger at times, they are actually far more condensed because many branches converge into the same units. I'm no history buff, so maybe the ranges of available troops were very limited in those times. But sometimes realism has to take the backseat to fun and rewarding gameplay, cause that's what we're here for after all, right?

EDIT: Just saw some more weird stuff. On the Pictish troop tree, their top tier infantry unit (Champion) is actually a downgrade from the unit it upgrades from (Swordsman). The Champion has 5 less WP and 2 less Athletics skill, with only a meager 4 HP gained. Why would I ever want to upgrade to that? Granted I'm only looking at the troop tree and not the actual unit, so maybe the tree is outdated or something?  Another thing, the Finnish Archer merc unit has 50 more WP than the best archery unit of any faction, the Irish Marksman. I heard of Irish archers before, supposedly they used bows also at very close range. But I never heard of the Finns having exceptionally potent archers at the time.

I don't know, I was very eager to play this mod cause people kept referring to it, but at first glance the balance looks off to me. Also, for a mod that's been around for years the feedback seems to be very scarce, this thread has 3 pages and the other one I think had 9. Isn't this one of the most popular mods for VC?

Honqua said:
I modify troop tree for every nation( excluding Frisians), also I change some weapons and little parties.
What do you think about it?
Its worth to continue?

I make it on 3.4 version.
I'll give it a try Honqua and report back, judging from the screenshots alone there seems to be a better variety. Although maybe there are too many tiers of archery units for the time, not sure.

There are random crashes and if I click on camp the game crash. Before being a vassal of West Seaxe, the camp worked fine with only one exception where it crashed, but now it crashes every time.
Storyline campaign, 2.036 game version with 3.4 version of the mod.

Hi!

I updated my submod.

Changes:
- Frisians troop tree added
- Some  mercenaries have troop tree
- bandit troop tree changed
- changed parties ( more units and variety)
- main cultures have now 2 special units

Other changes:
-shields are more destructible
-bows are stronger but have lesser accuracy
-crossbows penetrate shields but have lesser accuracy and shot speed
-horses trample enemies
-units have higher skills
-units have more detailed inventory
-bandits are real threats now
-more interesing battles

How about now? How you rate changes?

I love alot about the mod, while a couple things I found a bit displeasing such as the battle scenes. I have a good computer and yet in forested battle scenes with no more than 30 troops on the field ( without these new scenes I can easily run 300 troops at 60 FPS ) I get no higher than 30 FPS and average of low 20's. Is it possible to fix this? I have tried every graphical setting possible and no change.

Would it be possible to move a few select files from the original Viking Conquest module to the Blood Eagle module to replace these scenes?

Hi. I'm a bit confused as to where to find this mod/where it is. The OP only links NexusMods, but NexusMods says the latest version is on ModDB. On ModDB I can only find Blood Eagle PN, and I'm unsure whether that's the latest version of Blood Eagle and the changes have been scaled back compared to what's in the OP, or if that's just vanilla but incorporating some specific changes from Blood Eagle. If it's the latter, could someone link to the latest actual Blood Eagle, as I can't seem to find it? I like a lot of what's presented in the OP, but can't find most of it in BE PN.

Thanks for any help. As neither thread is very active, I'll post in both and hope someone sees either.

Sunnzo said:
I love alot about the mod, while a couple things I found a bit displeasing such as the battle scenes. I have a good computer and yet in forested battle scenes with no more than 30 troops on the field ( without these new scenes I can easily run 300 troops at 60 FPS ) I get no higher than 30 FPS and average of low 20's. Is it possible to fix this? I have tried every graphical setting possible and no change.

Would it be possible to move a few select files from the original Viking Conquest module to the Blood Eagle module to replace these scenes?

Yeah, the flora needs optimization and tuning down a bit. This is the basic cause of CTD and stuttering.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom