Requesting permission to modify/update A New Dawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Nice to see that someone picked up this mod! This has been my all time favorite.

:mrgreen: Of course now I will whine about the same bug as before:
Joonas612 said:
I'm running the latest version of this mod. For some reason I get messages about "Routed enemies has joined the battle on your side". The messages don't bother too much but sometimes the "routed enemies" actually join the battle on my side! It also feels like their numbers are slowly increasing...  :shock:

The troops with the red/black icons are all "routed enemies" (thieves, highlanders, spirit walkers etc.)
DQMC2Z5.png

Made an account just so I can cheer this on. Certainly looking forward to the update!

Biggest issue I've found is that New Dawn will consistently start crashing around day 250+ when entering battles. I have a pretty beefy computer, and set it to as low as 230 battle size... still crashes. As far as I can tell, it's using too much RAM. I don't know if that's an engine limitation, or what not, but if you could fix that it'd be amazing. It's pretty game breaking for me.

hraktuus said:
Alright, I've tested this submod long enough to give a first report I think.

The largest problem that sticks out like a sore thumb is the missing textures for much of the heraldic equipment. It will just appear invisible on anyone using it.

There are also UI problems. The UI in tournament isn't displaying correctly (I've gone ahead and turned it off as a result). The UI after a tournament round isn't showing correctly, and the UI for the military academy has the same problem (Nope, the military academy is fine. It's the same in 0.62.). The UI for changing equipment auto-upgrades for your companions also isn't working correctly, as you cannot click on apply to all and have to choose the settings each time you get a new companion. The UI for the chests in castles and towns is also bad, with the words still there but the background invisible.

None of these so far are game breaking and I've tolerated them.

The archer siege fix seems to have barely helped. I don't really notice a difference so I will try the normal New Dawn for a while to see if there's a difference. Thank you so much for making everything save compatible. I didn't like the modified AI at first, but after playing enough with it on I came to like it. I think I'll only turn it off for when I'm training the peasants in villages. The biggest improvement would be increased bow accuracy for sure, but to be honest right now that's the only draw of this submod for me. I think I will probably use it for my bow characters, but keep using normal New Dawn for my other characters.

Like someone else said, the game does get stuck when you talk to bounty hunters or glory seekers and the like in the field. It also crashed when I clicked on the upgrade tree for the Rhodoks.

As far as I can see, the main problem with this submod is likely that a lot of things have been edited without doing it properly, hence things like missing textures and errors here and there. If an error exists its because you didn't edit a related file that needed to be edited as well or you forgot to change the value of something that needed to be changed as a result of the edits, etc etc. M&B is finicky if you don't do things just right. Not trying to be overly critical here. I'm just saying you might want to start from scratch as far as the file edits. It's not so far along that you can't do that yet. If you run with what you have rather than redoing it, a lot of these problems are going to stay or more problems will pop up.

Seeing all these problems i will stick to the official 0.62 version.
But i really would like to play an archer, so:
Is it possible to fix the bow/crossbow/throwing accuracy? If yes, do you know how it was done?

Anyone knows how I can disable getting slower with bows and crossbow when you take damage?
Also is this sub-submod also dead? :sad:

Hey guys, I know this topic hasn't been touched in a while but I was wondering if anyone has the "unofficial" patch text files .. as the links are all busted. I really like this mod, probably my favorite one, but the one thing that gets me is being raided by neutral war parties... Sure I can simply attack them, but then I declare war on the parent faction.

The balancing issues are all fine and dandy with me. I like a little OP now and again. But anyways. If anyone has any of the text files for this, and wouldn't mind sending me them, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi people.

Unfotunately the download links are broken.

Does someone have the files and wants to upload them again? I would really love to play A New Dawn again, but without chronic1484's patch to fix the Archer damage i dont really want to :/

Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom