Requesting permission to modify/update A New Dawn

Users who are viewing this thread

chronic1484

Recruit
UPDATED 1/2/2017 Link to unofficial patch now live!!!  Accuracy on bows should be fixed!!

.63 unofficial
PATCH RELEASED!!  DOWNLOAD @ FOLLOWING LINK: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=75145706689435063387  Contains initial fixes and new AI

.63 b Released!!  IF YOU ALREADY DOWNLOADED .63b ON 1/3/2017 THEN REDOWNLOAD IT.  A file was added.
.63b Update Download @ FOLLOWING LINK http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=07758589257600087522 Contains complete fix for accuracy for bows.  Required rework of damage and changes to base accuracy.  All bows do -15 damage and all arrows do +15.  This helps negate the accuracy penalty per point of damage on the bow.  Penalty does not apply to arrows.  To get max accuracy from a bow you need power draw requirement + 3 and 200-300 prefs.(more prefs help with damage penalty)  All bows have had max accuracy increased to between 95-100 to balance for damage penalty.  Accuracy will degrade as your character takes damage. (First hit taken is currently biggest accuracy loss)  Also corrected a couple of the higher level bows doing slash/cut damage (horrible vs armor) and they now do piecing damage as intended  Still needs tweaking.

TIP: If troops get hung up on ladders/at wall during sieges just TAB and retreat.  As long as you were doing well you will get a morale bonus to counteract the morale loss.  Not ideal but it does the job in areas where the patch doesn't help as much.

Make sure you back your module files and save files up just in case.  Should be save game compatible, load old save, save a new file, restart game, load the save file you just made for New Dawn .63 patch.  THIS IS UNOFFICIAL CURRENTLY

*This list WILL be updated as I make changes.  I want everyone to know exactly what I'm doing as I do it.  I also invite feedback and/or suggestions while I make edits and wait for release.  Please note this will not be the .7 patch promised by DW.  These are mainly bug fixes and tweaks from implementing the new AI.  I'll probably release it as ".63 unofficial" unless I hear from DW saying "Do or Don't" in which case I wouldn't release it or release it as a normal .63 patch. 

If I haven't heard from DW in the next 10-12 days or so I'll release the patch (Not going to wait too long so I don't lose interest myself) and you can all try it out.  In that event it will only be available here on the forums and I will not distribute ANYTHING besides the .txt files to update and resources etc. that may eventually become needed from fixing missing textures and/or similar issues.  I also advise you to be prepared to backup your New Dawn module folder and save game so that any changes can be reversed without damaging your play through or losing progress. Just in case.

If at any point DW asks me to stop I will pull all files down and if requested turn over the source files with my edits :smile:

End Header Update 1/2/2017

So I've been playing your mod since it came out a while back, checking back in from time to time to try out new features etc.  After getting the latest version about a month ago and noticing the mod hadn't been updated for quite some time I set out on a mission to obtain source files to make modifications and fix a few of the more glaring issues myself, it was a pain in the ass but I did obtain the source files and have made edits.  I'd like to share what I've fixed/updated/implemented but would like to ask permission to do so first, all kudos to DW of course for the excellent job getting all this to work so well together.  I'll make a list below of the things I've changed and you guys feel free to give me any feedback or ideas to work on while I seek the proper authorization to get this done and share it.  I'm fairly new to modding M&B so these are mainly balance tweaks and bug fixes from syntax errors.

First of all this version of A New Dawn is completely compatible with the newest version (1.168 1.170 as of post) of M&B Warband.  You don't need WSE (in fact, DON'T use the Floris Evolved updated WSE... they don't play well for me at least) or any special files/launchers to start anything, launch it through Steam/etc. and choose your module then start.  That's it.

Oh, and so far.  SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE
Just load your game, then create a new save game and restart WB. When you load the game back up any issue should be corrected and the edits I have made should kick in.

Now, on to the list...

1.  Fixed several syntax errors in .py files.  Not sure if these were there already or a side effect of how I converted the source files but they are fixed.

2.  (List of changed units lower on list)Balancing of individual units and entire troop trees after implementing the new AI.  The main culprits here were Rhodok and Nords.  I thought the Champions/Praetorian/Bloodlords were a bit unbalanced.  30 Champions, each one almost twice the power of a Jugg was just overkill... Kings or not.  These units have had their stats lowered slightly but are still more powerful than Juggs, making them way more fair to play against in FIELD but still very powerful.  Still suggest a lot of archers and piercing weapons to deal with them and bringing buddies/lords with you when engaging. In sieges they are still death incarnate.

3. Fixed an issue I was having with "Choose who will Join you in battle" giving very odd numbers even when set to the correct battle size in "Mod Options".  Seems to be fixed and you can now end up with 70 of your guys vs 330 (or vice verca) of theirs all on map at the same time on a BS of 400.

4. Implemented "Doghotel's Brainy Bots" and rebound the "Config Mod" key to F11.  Looking into adding an option to rebind key in game but not quite there yet with my programming skills.  This makes battles very interesting and ups the challenge by quite a bit.  Get ready, these guys make you work for it now instead of just relying on stats to power them through.  I strongly suggest you set the Formations AI to "Native/AI" or "Disabled" instead of using the full "Formations AI".  This will keep the bots from piling up in one large group like they normally do and have them breaking into many smaller groups of 12-20 fighters having it out.  Not only does this make battles more realistic and chaotic, it also gives you a very nice boost to FPS since every bot on the map won't be jammed up in one big pile whacking each other.  (Brainy Bot's credit to Doghotel)  Also the size of the groups that break away to duel each other can changed to your preference by adjusting the values of the "Batch" parameter during battle on the F11 menu.  From what I can tell 1 is 3-5 units from each side and each increase (I.E. to 2) will increase the group sizes by another 3-5 units.

5. Not sure if this one was there already or not but implemented newest version of "El Arte De La Guerra 'Official' Siege Fix".  Bots will still get hung up at the wall on some maps but for the most part this makes sieges go much smoother.

6. Graphical improvements included with a preset ready to go SweetFX installation.  If you are playing on a potato simply delete the d3d9.dll in your Warband folder to disable.  Options can be configured in Warband/sweetfx_settings.txt  Removed for now.

7.  Explanation of nobility titles in "Notes" screen now works and shows description.  Again not sure if this was there or a result of my converting source files but it is fixed.

8. Fixed an issue where the player and player owned factions were not set to be hostile to bandit/slavers/raiders correctly.  This resulted in neutral parties raiding your villages while they ignored you and your vassals and your vassals would ignore them.  Ever noticed how your vassals never seemed to attack bandits, or how some raider parties were neutral to you/your faction.  Not anymore.

9. Fixed an issue from the new AI replacing XP messages with gibberish about duels.

10.  Fixed initial accuracy problems.  Script was set to start battles with the player having 80% accuracy, corrected to 100%.  Also addressed bow accuracy by completely reworking damage and accuracy tables of said items.  Players should now have correct accuracy levels and scaling of accuracy penalty according to damage taken by player and damage done by bow should now also be working just fine. (The more damaged your character, the lower your accuracy.  Bows also take a small accuracy penalty for each point of damage they do, arrows do not count towards this damage or penalty)

That about covers it for now I do believe.  If I think of anything else I tweaked, or change any other options I will update the post to inform anyone interested in getting updated but I do not want to upload these files until I have been expressed permission to do so from DW or a length of time has passed since this post that shows he is not interested (more like still very busy with real life). If I haven't heard a "No don't do this" over the next couple weeks I'll upload the tweaks I've made and make them available to the everyone.

Again, full Kudos for creation of this mod goes to DW.  I simply love the mod and don't want to see support dropped so I'm stepping up and offering to bugfix/patch/balance it until such a time that DW returns, if ever.  At that time I would turn over all source code files to him and cease modifications unless requested to keep helping.

I know a lot of people have been waiting for updates/patches to this so hopefully I can help a bit with that.  In the mean time if you would like to see features of other mods implemented or have ideas feel free to post them here.  I won't promise anything super complex but I'll do my best.  I'm just now getting into M&B Modding and haven't quite learned all the complicated **** just yet.  So far I've just been winging it on what I know from previous experiences but it is definitely getting easier.  Also I do have a real life, a job, and things to to do so again, no promises but I'll do what I can on implementing features... both new and from other sources.

Feedback?  Thoughts??

Troops Changelog: These changes have been made specifically due to the new AI.  You set prof. ranges etc. in the options and the AI will adjust how troops behave based off their profs. within those ranges.  The prof./Str. level of high tier troops on a couple factions far out-shined those on a couple others to the point they just ran through them even more so than before because the AI was giving them so much more melee efficiency.  The AI causes bots to do it all, and they do it better based off profs.  They will parry, feint, block, and fake you out with half completed attacks to throw you off on top of using "kicks" AND "Shield Bashing" all on an adjustable set of values you can tweak mid battle with F11.  We are talking about units blocking almost every attack until their shields broke. (lol) Needless to say a few minor adjustments were needed.

Current game and edit values are based on a range of 10-600 prefs. that dynamically boost your troop combat efficiency up to 100%.  Current tweaks based on a game played with 10-600 ranged and dynamic boost up to @ 90% block/parry rate at 600 1h/polearm/2h profs.  Batch size is set to 2 = individual15-18ish man groups (half from each side if available and in range) breaking away to fight each other during field battles and when the room is available during sieges.

*Blood Lords (Nord) - These units were left mainly unchanged.  Lowered Iron Skin by a couple of points and toned down their Strength (-4) and profs (-100 2H) just a bit.

*Champions (Rhodok) - With the new AI these guys were just re-****-diculous.  Lowered HP via Iron Skin 3 point debuff and Strength 10 point debuff. Still more potent than Juggs by a damn sight.  Also lowered profs by around 150 on his melee to adjust AI control and compensate for having a shield.

*Praetorian Guards/Honor Guards (Rhodok) - Pretty much the same changes as Champions except slightly more (-4) of a HP debuff via Iron Skin reduction and (-8 or -10... slight tweaking still needed though) Strength.  This was mainly to make up for the better range they have with pole-arm attacks and crossbows + having a shield as well vs Champions.

*Conscripts/Lower Tier Rhodok (Rhodok) - Slightly lowered Strength (1-3 points) and adjusted profs. just a bit to make sure their AI acted more on par with similar level troops of the same tier.  They are still superior stat wise to other factions (except maybe Nord I haven't even look at their low tiers yet) and this was just to keep the AI in check so it doesn't consider them too far ahead of other faction low level melee tiers.

As you can see I haven't changed a lot in relation to troops and what was changed had a good reason behind it.  With some top tiers having such wildly varied profs. (Some up to 800+) I had to pick a skill range (still deciding on 500 or 600) that would cause top tier troops with similar levels/costs/stats but dif. profs have the AI treat them more fairly in terms of blocking and attacking ability.  Right now I'm thinking of sticking with the 600.  If I remember right Champs have 450 prof on one handed weapons now, Blood Lord is 550 2H (Ch/BL stats after edits), while troops like Spirit Champs and really high "Special" troops sit at over 600-800.  A prof. level range limit of 150 points higher than the champ would make his block rate around 78%-80% while Blood Lords sit at 83% - 85ish%.  Any troops over that 550 would get slightly higher effectiveness boosts until it hit the upper limit (600 currently) of the prof. range where it would cap out at (Adjustable values)

Known Issues/Future Plans
*Missing Textures on some items.
*Probably still a few troop tweaks here and there to adjust for the AI (Mainly Nord focus right now.  Mid/High Tier block rates via profs.).
*Accuracy (Don't even know that I'll touch this one any time soon... we will see)
*Newest Diplomacy Implementation (Again, depends on how much time/patience I have.  So far doubtful because it doesn't add all that much and I don't think it would be save game compatible.  Probably base the final decision on how many people request it.)
*Some Invading factions do not reset to default relation values (Hostile) with the player/kingdoms after being defeated.  Results in some invading factions just wandering around the map forever, while neutral to most/all factions (Still investigating, suspected Diplomacy bug)
*Kingdom Relations Menu glitching (I think this is a pre-existing issue from having so many factions in the game at one time, will try to add the removal of defeated kingdoms from this list)

*More to be added as I complete my goals and decide on new ones.

12/15/2016 - Obtained source files (after HOURS of rebuilding) and made initial adjustments 1-7.

12/17/2016 - Created this post
                    *Adjusted faction relations to player owned kingdoms and vice verca so they would interact with each other correctly.

12/20/2016 - Fixed an issue from implementing the new AI replacing "Bonus XP based on intelligence" message with some gibberish about duels. If this shows up just save your game, then reload it and it should clear things up.

12/22/2016 - Further balancing of troops, wanted to re-buff Champions just a little to counter my lowering of their stats just a bit to much.  Wasn't really that noticeable but I felt they needed slightly more HP than I had reassigned them. Reduced debuff from -5 Iron Skin and - 13 Str.  to -3 IS and -10 Str. (+10 HP)  Will test and see if further edits are needed but that should do it.

Kudos to you for taking up this task! I really enjoy this mod and I was hoping that .62 wouldn't be the last update.

You've probably already did this, but I would PM Deathwhisper for permission. You might have to wait a bit for a response from him though, because he hasn't been online since August 29. I would also PM his handle on ModDB and Nexus as well.

http://www.moddb.com/members/nobidexx
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/users/1725874/?

Secondly, about the balance changes you made, I like the fixes to the base game and AI improvements, but I personally disagree with attempting to make the individual units balanced. Personally, part of the fun for me in this mod is attempting to overcome these OP units and attaining them within my own armies. This element of the mod makes it stand out from other challenging mods like PoP, Perisno, and Floris. Furthermore, the game world feels more "natural" when some units and factions are simply better than others. This really makes the player more cautious about their engagements and it provides a nice little challenge when the player decides to take up the banner of a weaker faction.

Also, I should mention that there are some issues with the accuracy of throwing weapons and bows that need to be addressed, especially when there are high proficiencies and strong weapons involved. I believe the accuracy issues with the bows and crossbows can be addressed by increasing the damage that ammunition does and decreasing the damage the weapons themselves do, however for throwing weapons, the solution isn't as clear.

But otherwise, it sounds good and I wish you the best of luck!

I will second what @iStealth2387 said. Part of the fun is the insane OP'ness of some units, which you have to treat individually as a mini-boss, jumping with 6-10 troops at once. This is especially fun early and mid game. I greatly support your desire to continue the work otherwise. Hell, I may even lend a hand with programming if you need help.

:grin: This sounds awesome, I'm sure I read somewhere that DW wanted people to help with the mod.

There is a whole section for suggestions, it may give you some ideas.

My ideas for you
1/ Change the crappy units that you hire from castles, towns, villages and freelancers - merchant, scout, village hunter? to good cheap fighting units. Gives the player a good reason to walk around.
2/ Get rid of the massive charge stats and HP of horses.
3/ You could try all npc's the same starting stats - instead of 1 troop having 15 strength with poo armour and the next having 100 with great armour. ( armour should win them the day)
4/ Sort the weapon stats so 1h weapons aren't better stats than 2h etc
5/ I tried this for myself and its quite good fun. Awesome for roll play I gave the new troops the name Kalredians from Kalredan castle area and tried to only recruit them to take the castle and start my empire, you don't need to use the same name and castle if you don't want to :smile: this refers to idea 1/

This is good news A New Dawn is my and my kids fav mod for a very long time now, Good luck.

iStealth2387 said:
Kudos to you for taking up this task! I really enjoy this mod and I was hoping that .62 wouldn't be the last update.

You've probably already did this, but I would PM Deathwhisper for permission. You might have to wait a bit for a response from him though, because he hasn't been online since August 29. I would also PM his handle on ModDB and Nexus as well.

http://www.moddb.com/members/nobidexx
http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/users/1725874/?

Secondly, about the balance changes you made, I like the fixes to the base game and AI improvements, but I personally disagree with attempting to make the individual units balanced. Personally, part of the fun for me in this mod is attempting to overcome these OP units and attaining them within my own armies. This element of the mod makes it stand out from other challenging mods like PoP, Perisno, and Floris. Furthermore, the game world feels more "natural" when some units and factions are simply better than others. This really makes the player more cautious about their engagements and it provides a nice little challenge when the player decides to take up the banner of a weaker faction.

Also, I should mention that there are some issues with the accuracy of throwing weapons and bows that need to be addressed, especially when there are high proficiencies and strong weapons involved. I believe the accuracy issues with the bows and crossbows can be addressed by increasing the damage that ammunition does and decreasing the damage the weapons themselves do, however for throwing weapons, the solution isn't as clear.

But otherwise, it sounds good and I wish you the best of luck!

I've sent him a message for permissions yes.

I'll go into reasons for balancing now, keep in mind that all units are now much more effective in combat with the new AI. Brainy Bots alters the way units behave and fight based off of their levels, weapons profs etc. That is one of the main reasons these issues popped up so dominantly.  I've played 188 hours of this mod over the past 2 weeks alone using no cheats and no stat boosting beyond ctrl+t (see the map) and a little ctrl+left click (teleport) just to watch how things progress and test different factions v faction circumstances.

I do agree to an extent about OP units, but not to the extent that they are.  Right now you can take each factions Top tier units and put them in training field situations with each other and Blood Lords and Champions/Pra. Guards will mop the floor with everything.  Took them into a test field battle, with 30 Champs and 20 somthing P. Guards (Rhodok King's Army Stats at full I think) against 600 units from other factions.  In a couple instances (me using formations and taking advantage of the AI when on native with batching from Brainy Bots off) the 600 man army won.... BARELY, and they were mainly top tier/high tier units from other factions.  Units like those should be good in specialized tasks, I.E. breaking or making sieges but be far less useful in things like field battles where cavalry and archers exist in a more dominant fashion.  They should not be a "Win" button that can clear a 600-800+ man army and barely take a loss.  As units in battle they had at and over 180-220+ HP.  That is fine, but not when they wear armor that takes 1-4 melee dmg and even head shots with bows only do 4-8 damage on average, that is with a Hurricane and +10 arrows at over 380 archery at lvl 39 with 25 Str not even counting perks.

My solution was to lower stats (mainly HP levels via Iron Skin and Profs.) a bit but leave armor alone, they are now more on par with Juggernauts although still more powerful to make up for them being infantry instead of cav.  The results so far have been perfect, they still make you think twice (more like 3-4 times) but they won't stomp the **** out of you... and the party following you, and the vassals behind them..... and the entire Kingdom behind that.  No more one 500 man unit (with 50ish elites) stopping a 2500 man invading campaign on the FIELD like it was nothing. 

Also, I seriously doubt any of you will think they are much easier in any way what so ever with the new AI controlling them lol.

The most you'll see me changing on units will probably be HP levels and to a lesser extent profs, and even then these changes aren't major, they are just to prevent "steam rolling" and will only happen as I notice them case by case.

A couple of the new factions that invade are going to be next, although again nothing major.  Just tweaks to stop them from steam rolling over the map and wiping 2 factions in a week.  I also plan to buff a couple of the invading factions just a bit to stop them being insta wiped as soon as they take a castle as well.  The main target of my changes is to keep the intended faction pros and cons but to make sure those exist in the correct state and don't interfere with overall balance and circumstance.  I.E. Those 50 troops can still wipe a larger army under the right circumstances (In Seige or Defending) but not in open combat being charged by cavalry and bombarded by archers.  Although if you face them in field you should still take a friend because you'll still feel their effects and know they were there to be damn sure.

Accuracy with weapons..... ahhh this one seems to be very..... hell with it, it's a pain in the ass lol.  I'm honestly not sure where to start besides checking where you suggested.  I'll tell you one thing I did notice and you guys correct me if I'm wrong... but it seems that damage I take causes accuracy to go down as well.  Pay attention to the size of your targeting etc. and watch it as you take damage.  I don't have a big problem with the accuracy until I take damage, even just a hit or 2 affects it.  I don't want to start messing with the code on accuracy until I have a good idea of the cause so maybe give that a second check and let me know what you think on it being affected by damage.

To give you an idea in my game after changes I took my 501 man army, around 250ish of them being top tier mixed elites and merc. elites (cost 74k a week to field) against 800 Nords in their last city.  They had no blood lords and still managed to kill off my entire army at better than a 1:1 ratio meaning they defended it with D to spare.  Before my changes to the AI I would have steamrolled them off my troop's stats alone even with the Blood Lords.  Make no mistake, my changes are in no way to make this mod easier.

In some cases you will notice that taking a little bit of damage (5-10%) may actually INCREASE the accuracy. I believe it is because the author of the mod readjusts the life of units on the battlefield. And there are bugs related to that.

What I would start with:
- Find out why exactly he readjusts the health. This is a pretty poor hack that introduces more issues than it solves. Unhack it, such that the values that you see on game screen in char menu are the actual values in battle.
- As there seems to be direct correlation between accuracy and health percentage, perhaps the code that controls this would be a good starting place to look.

This is only part of the problem however. There are several elements that seem to control the aim:
- Wep. prof
- Wep. damage
- Health of unit

There is some speculation that other factors affect accuracy as well (just speculation, not guaranteed to be true):
- Armor value
- Strength of unit

It all depends on where the weapon aim/damage formula is burried. I assume all gameplay code is done in Python and is exposed to modding. If that is true it is simply a matter of finding it and fixing the undesired behavior.

General suggestion:
- Seems like the behavior of the formula is more or less correct except that the actual rate of change for weapon response is off. If you could make the rate less steep it would be sufficient to address the problem. I can see the realism of more powerful bows being more unwieldy (less accuracy), but then the numbers that represent accuracy in game have to be adjusted accordingly. Or the wep. power-accuracy relationship could be removed whatsoever.

I'll look into the areas you are talking about next chance I get and see if I can spot anything out of the ordinary that could cause the problem.  More than likely it is hidden somewhere in the Script.py file.  I believe I remember seeing some coding for the HP and things like that while initially fixing syntax errors and trying to bug fix/find the key-bind location for the F11 menu that configs Brainy Bots.  I'll make some backups of the .py files and try changing a few things around to see if I can get this fixed.  I won't make any promises about a slider or anything like that.  I'll try to get an acceptable level of accuracy at full health and adjust the rate of decline to be a little nicer until say around 25%-30% health.  Maybe increase the drop-off after that threshold to simulate your character being "badly wounded" which would result in 50% accuracy or something along those levels.  Anyways, I'll look into it and keep everyone posted... thanks for the input.

Thank you so much for keeping this mod alive this is by far my best mod im so happy someone taked this task and try to improve this excelent mod i tried edit stats of units to make them more balanced but i ended with all units had 7 strengtht  :mrgreen: except lords . I maked diffrent changes to parties and number spawning soldiers in castle but evrything was useless cause bigger bugs stayed . I hope Deathwhisper come back some day and Zendar faction become avivable or at least give you permission to keep this great mod alive , thank you again and I wish you good lock with this great mod he deserves patches and support :smile: .
Also i have some request  if you don't mind.

Lords needs to be more much stronger as lords it's strange that lords so weak compared to elite troops they need higher weapon proficiency too. Is there any chance for new lords for factions alike Georia ,Balion etc ? When they take some castle they have only 4 lords and King and they have no chance against other kingdoms more lords would make those faction better and more balanced to other big kingdoms. Can Veagir King get item called Veagir Crown it's unused helm (1448 in items.txt) looks pretty good and can Berserkers get thier unused armor thier he is unused too.Can u please fix pretenders i mean when they join player they wear thier clothes instead change them to armor they have. Twilight Sabre weapon be only with King Harlaus and Lady Isolla and maybe even some lords wearing twilight armor I prefer this weapon as a more unique normal Twilight Knight should have only sword and polearm.
Can you remove horses from Rhodocks faction and rename or little rework those units they not fit Rhodocks they are shoulnt have none cavalry unit .
Rhodocks and Nords factions both have some lords on horse can u make them on foot only ? . Im using Morgh's editor i can show which lords from faction to make it easier.
Rhodocks lords on horse number ID :Raichs(55:cool:,Talbar(562),Tribidan(56:cool:,Fraichin(572),Reichsin(574), Pretender Lord_Kastor_of_Veluca(654)
Nord lords on horse :Faarn(547) only one :grin:

Can u give some lords of the Order of the Sun faction Teutonic hand helmet (1544) and White_Crusader_Helmet (395) , black version (396) it's quite cool helmets but unused and Inquisitor unit from this some faction need diffrent more fit helm please give them White_Crusader_Helmet this helmet is much better looking than current one.

Sorry for edits I needed to repair language a little and had some ideas

Aside from broken archery, my biggest desire is to fix the crashes related to the GPU memory overload. I believe it is mainly caused by Kolkar gear, as I almost never experience crashes when I don't have Kolkar troops, and almost positively crash within 3-5 battles with large amount of Kolkar in my army.

Okay, now that Christmas and the new year is over I can get back to this.  I have the next 3 days off.  Tomorrow I'm going to do my final few changes to profs and I'll try to have a first release tomorrow afternoon/night at some point.  At that point I'l try to look into the archery problems and missing textures while everyone tries out the new AI.  Hope everyone had good holidays and I'll post tomorrow with an update and the patch as long as nothing pops up to stop me. 

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=75145706689435063387

There it is, ended up not having to modify the Nord troops below Blood Lord any at all.  Please let me know if you notice similar tier troops severely outperforming one another.  No changes to accuracy etc. just yet, but I'll start looking into them later tonight.  Let me know if you run into any glaring issues but everything should be just fine.

As always backup your pre-existing module/save files before installing this patch.  Fully save game compatible.  Just load your old save, create a new save, restart your game and load the new save you created.  Any gibberish messages or errors should clear up after you do.  Access the new AI settings IN BATTLE with F11.  Feel free to ask about the settings if you don't understand and I'll explain.

Happy new years, hope you guys enjoy.

*EDIT* During sieges if bots get hung up (they always do on some maps lol) use your F11 settings to edit the "Nearby enemy" (not exact line) or whatever and set it to 2000-3000 for the siege.  It changes the range bots will switch between melee and ranged (from what I can tell) and will force bots hung at bottom to switch to melee ad move on up.  Might not solve everything but it helps in long sieges to get ladders unclogged etc.

:grin: great news, gunna down load now.  :party: happy new year  :party:

My spyware and chrome won't let me download it and I don't know how to turn them off.  :oops:  :roll:

great news indeed, downloading as we speak. was playing the game till few days ago, but the archer bug who get stuck at ladder, made me quit my great savegame. i really love this mod, but that was a game killer for me

Alfred of Gloucester said:
:grin: great news, gunna down load now.  :party: happy new year  :party:

My spyware and chrome won't let me download it and I don't know how to turn them off.  :oops:  :roll:

You probably need to turn your security settings down just a bit.  Nothing in the file for them to pick up, all just .txt files.  Has to be something in your browser or security settings. Try to temp. disable protections, download file, re-enable security.  Check in your browser settings for Chrome and in the Microsoft Security Center for Windows Defender etc. Should let you download it then.

Exert from "How to" article below.

The feature, called Safe Browsing by Google, displays a prompt at the bottom of the browser screen that informs "This File is malicious and Chrome has blocked it".
In fact, there are two different messages that may be displayed by Safe Browsing. The first reads "This file appears to be malicious. Are you sure you want to continue" while the second reads "[file-name] is malicious, and Chrome has blocked it".
You could turn off Google's Safe Browsing feature in Chrome to avoid this from happening in the future.
Load chrome://settings/in the browser.
Select "show advanced settings" at the bottom of the screen.
Under Privacy, locate "enable phishing and malware protection" and remove the check mark from the preference.
This disables all phishing and malware checks in the browser.

After you get the file you can turn the protections back on, but it sounds like it is just your Chrome setting and that should fix it.

Slawek56703 said:
Thank you so much for keeping this mod alive this is by far my best mod im so happy someone taked this task and try to improve this excelent mod i tried edit stats of units to make them more balanced but i ended with all units had 7 strengtht  :mrgreen: except lords . I maked diffrent changes to parties and number spawning soldiers in castle but evrything was useless cause bigger bugs stayed . I hope Deathwhisper come back some day and Zendar faction become avivable or at least give you permission to keep this great mod alive , thank you again and I wish you good lock with this great mod he deserves patches and support :smile: .
Also i have some request  if you don't mind.

Lords needs to be more much stronger as lords it's strange that lords so weak compared to elite troops they need higher weapon proficiency too. Is there any chance for new lords for factions alike Georia ,Balion etc ? When they take some castle they have only 4 lords and King and they have no chance against other kingdoms more lords would make those faction better and more balanced to other big kingdoms. Can Veagir King get item called Veagir Crown it's unused helm (1448 in items.txt) looks pretty good and can Berserkers get thier unused armor thier he is unused too.Can u please fix pretenders i mean when they join player they wear thier clothes instead change them to armor they have. Twilight Sabre weapon be only with King Harlaus and Lady Isolla and maybe even some lords wearing twilight armor I prefer this weapon as a more unique normal Twilight Knight should have only sword and polearm.
Can you remove horses from Rhodocks faction and rename or little rework those units they not fit Rhodocks they are shoulnt have none cavalry unit .
Rhodocks and Nords factions both have some lords on horse can u make them on foot only ? . Im using Morgh's editor i can show which lords from faction to make it easier.
Rhodocks lords on horse number ID :Raichs(55:cool:,Talbar(562),Tribidan(56:cool:,Fraichin(572),Reichsin(574), Pretender Lord_Kastor_of_Veluca(654)
Nord lords on horse :Faarn(547) only one :grin:

Can u give some lords of the Order of the Sun faction Teutonic hand helmet (1544) and White_Crusader_Helmet (395) , black version (396) it's quite cool helmets but unused and Inquisitor unit from this some faction need diffrent more fit helm please give them White_Crusader_Helmet this helmet is much better looking than current one.

Sorry for edits I needed to repair language a little and had some ideas

I doubt I'll be doing much to Lords, the game handles them in a "Random Generation" style.  Only a couple lords from each faction are "set in stone" so to speak.  I'll look into my ability to modify them but other than adding the helmets to make that faction more realistic I don't want to mess with Lords to much.  This mod is supposed to make you rely on your troops more and stop you from being a one man army on the battlefield, at least till later on in the game. 

I do like your idea about the helmets for the Order of the Sun faction though, so I'll see if I can modify them to use those in the future.  Still trying to track down that accuracy bug right now, I think I might have come across something but it's in itemkinds1.txt and haven't got to try any edits just yet.  Still a little hectic around here but the rest of the family is going back home tomorrow so I'm hoping to get into it later tonight or after they leave.

Hapuga said:
Aside from broken archery, my biggest desire is to fix the crashes related to the GPU memory overload. I believe it is mainly caused by Kolkar gear, as I almost never experience crashes when I don't have Kolkar troops, and almost positively crash within 3-5 battles with large amount of Kolkar in my army.

I think I've ran into this one as well, happens to me with Kergs. as well.  Increasing the amount of Virtual Memory that I allowed Windows to assign to the game/games cleared this up big time for me.  I run on a 2GB Geforce 765m right now (gaming laptop) w/ 4GB RAM and had the same issue.  When I fought Kergs. or Kolk. they could cause crashes, especially around the 3rd+ reinforcement waves.  Changed my allowed virtual memory from 2GB to 8GB and I haven't had a crash since that I can remember.  I run on a BS of 400, low settings with textures turned up and occlusion/low AA. 

Also I know you've already done it probably but make sure you have "Textures on Demand" and "Force Single Core" enabled in the launch window options.

Accuracy on bows should be working correctly now.  Just curious, were crossbows affected as well?  Never really used them so have no clue what their accuracy should be like.

Ohh thank you for answer i appreciate this and i tracking this thread too to see what's going on but i have yet unanswered tweaks considering units and some unused items by them for you when i was lurking in files

- Berserker units are naked they have thier armor but they dont use him . Thier armor is starting with word "Berserker" if u find that please give them thier unused armor

-Berserker units are in more than one faction can rest of factions except nords have thier berserker's naked or weaker i think only Nords should have TRUE berserker units with proper armor in thier faction.

-Rhodock faction have two cavalry unit's can u check them and maybe rename them and make them on foot instead of cavalry units ?
It seems not fit for this faction to have cavalry units i tell u one which trp_mounted_javelineer and trp_horse_crossbowman

-Veagir Crown item (1448 in items.txt) is unused i suggest to give this crown to Veagir King Emperor Yaroglek . This item is little bugged becouse it dont have set flags ewentually use Morg's editor or something.

-trp_celestial_master dont have helm but after checking in Morg's Tool he have set flag telling he has helm . he can use khergit_war_mask2, khergit_war_mask3 like Spirit Champion

-Pretenders have set armor but when they join player they use only thier dress instead of appropriate armor please fix this

chronic1484 said:
Accuracy on bows should be working correctly now.  Just curious, were crossbows affected as well?  Never really used them so have no clue what their accuracy should be like.

Oh god yes, crossbows are pretty much useless with how inaccurate they are in New Dawn. I personally like using a crossbow in the beginning of the game as I do not have to put in points to power draw and I can take a pot shot in the beginning of a battle or while doing a siege.

Also thank you for this update. I love this mod and enjoy seeing some improvements done to it!

Back
Top Bottom