[FREE UPDATE] Invasion Multiplayer Mode Beta and Release Date! - TODAY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
warband_invasion_update_promo_image_revised.jpg

UPDATE: Invasion mode is now in beta!

To opt into the beta, complete the following instructions:

In the Steam Library, right click "Mount & Blade: Warband" and select "Properties"
    In the window that opens, navigate to the "BETAS" tab
    In the "BETAS" tab, where it reads "Enter beta access code to unlock private betas:", enter the code invasion1234 exactly as shown
    Click "CHECK CODE" and upon confirmation that the beta has been successfully opted into, select "invasionbeta" from the dropdown menu on the same screen
    Close the window and allow the game to update
    Your game will now be activated and you can join a server by filtering those compatible with your module and running "Invasion" mode or host your own!

Please remember to document with a screenshot (ctrl + insert) any error or bug you see and report it here or to me (Captain Lust) via DM! IF you have any other feedback or suggestions, they are also very welcome. Thanks for playing Invasion.

Hey all!

So some of you may have seen our announcements about the new multiplayer game mode. Just wanted to drop by and post some information here:

[*]The game mode is free to everyone who owns Mount & Blade: Warband
[*]It will release on Steam, our site and hopefully GOG on Monday 19th December 2016 (this Monday) Tuesday 20th December 2016 (this Monday)
[*]There will be an open beta (via Steam), probably starting on Saturday 17th December 2016 (tomorrow) NOW!
[*]It will break multiplayer compatibility - we are doing our best to make the transition as smooth as possible though. If you're a server host/provider, please send me a PM with an email contact and I'll make sure you're sent an announcement with instructions as soon as possible, that will help you prepare for the release.

As a final note, I'd just like to make a quick apology about the misinformation regarding the hi-res textures from the console version. They're actually going to take a few more months to arrive on PC... but they are on their way!

If you have any more questions, thoughts (or last minute suggestions!) regarding the mode, feel free to post them here and I'll do my best to read and respond!

Captain, two quick questions :smile:

- Can we play with more than one friend? (team up with three or more) or is it only for two?

- Can it be used on siege maps as well? say, defending the walls or a gate with a friend

Looking forward for this :smile:

Thank you in advance for your response!

mike56 said:
What does 'multiplayer compatibility' means? Crossplatforms?
Should be current version(1.16:cool: and the new one(probably 1.17, I'd guess) not being compatible, due to different amounts of items and server/client events (and probably more), which is why not only the players but even more so server owners will have to update.

Golradir said:
Flust, did you ask good ol'  arch3r if it was okay to include his mod?  :shifty:
It's more like the one from WFAS than the one by arch3r :neutral:

It seems a strange time for this update to come, years after Warband was last updated and with a game mode similar to a mod that has been out for years. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the chance to try it out and many players (especially those who don't visit this forum) will not even know of the Invasion mod, so it makes sense for this game mode to exist. However, it could have been made years ago, so for it to come now all of a sudden suggests to me that something precipitated its creation, and I worry that this has come now as a way of keeping us entertained because Bannerlord is expected to take even longer to finish than previously thought.

Golradir said:
Flust, did you ask good ol'  arch3r if it was okay to include his mod?  :shifty:

Unless they took some of his code and simply passed it off as their own, they have done no such thing. Copying the idea of a popular mod and making it widely available for free to all players is no bad thing, and something that has essentially been begged for in regards to players wanting the effects of popular Warband mods like Diplomacy in Bannerlord (not to mention it is hardly a radical idea to have players face hordes of AI), though I suppose using the name of the mod could aggravate the creator.

DanAngleland said:
It seems a strange time for this update to come, years after Warband was last updated and with a game mode similar to a mod that has been out for years. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the chance to try it out and many players (especially those who don't visit this forum) will not even know of the Invasion mod, so it makes sense for this game mode to exist. However, it could have been made years ago, so for it to come now all of a sudden suggests to me that something precipitated its creation, and I worry that this has come now as a way of keeping us entertained because Bannerlord is expected to take even longer to finish than previously thought.

I think you're right... But honestly did we really believe it would actually release in 2016 or even Q1 of 2017? There were truly no such indication to be honest.

Captain Lust said:
If you have any more questions, thoughts (or last minute suggestions!) regarding the mode, feel free to post them here and I'll do my best to read and respond!
Might be a good opportunity to add overhead thrusting for spears in native.

hoboistice said:
Captain Lust said:
Might be a good opportunity to add overhead thrusting for spears in native.

pls no

Slisky YOUR LORD said:
I really don't like the look at floor overhead spear spam in NW, at least VC fixed this by limiting your ability to look down when doing overhead thrust.
That's less to do with the animation and more to do with how powerful bayonets are in NW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom