Rathbarth Ragnarsson doesn't like me and won't accept my gifts. Game over?

Users who are viewing this thread

So, way earlier on, I ended up raiding one teensy tiny village when I was kind of in a bad place. Unfortunately, a grudge or thirty three has been held, and Rathbarth refuses to have anything to do with me. Which is a bit of a problem, since I'm now at the point where I need his help to continue the storyline. Problem is, he's refusing to even accept any gifts from me now (in fact, they just lower my relations with him).

Does this mean that my playthrough is unplayable now? Because I was really enjoying things up until now and had gotten really sucked into the story, and now there's no way for me to improve my relations with this one integral lord. I don't want to have to start over, because it would end up losing a lot of the magic that I'd had in this playthrough.

Ask him for tasks time after time. Successfully fulfilled task will improve relations with him. Even if he doesn't give you any task, return and ask again.

If that doesn't work for some reason you can enable the cheat menu, then there should be a dialog option to make him like you (unless this has been removed in VC, but I think it's still there). Better than abandoning your game.

scar1981 said:
Ask him for tasks time after time. Successfully fulfilled task will improve relations with him. Even if he doesn't give you any task, return and ask again.

You can't ask him for tasks when he's trying to hunt you down.

kraggrim said:
If that doesn't work for some reason you can enable the cheat menu, then there should be a dialog option to make him like you (unless this has been removed in VC, but I think it's still there). Better than abandoning your game.

This is what I ended up doing. Felt dirty, but yes, better than abandoning my entire game.

Simple! Go and talk to him, then exit and go to cheat menu, then go to add right to rule ... there you can increase the relationship with him as much as you want !!!! :fruity:

Back
Top Bottom