Matrix RP

Users who are viewing this thread

Auditor

Knight
So I rewatched a movie called The Matrix last night, and I must say that I thought it was a very well written story.  Some of the action scenes were also quite impressive in my opinion.  Overall I found it to be a very entertaining movie.

I also see potential for a fairly interesting RP based on the setting of The Matrix.  In the movie, the protagonist, a hacker that goes by the alias Neo, suspects that there is something wrong with the world he lives in.  He is troubled by a question, this question being, "What is the matrix?"  Neo is contacted by a known terrorist by the name of Morpheus who frees Neo from the matrix, which is actually an impressive computer program used to imprison the minds of humanity.  Most of humanity is being used as a source of bio energy by the Machines, who use the matrix to keep them in line.

Morpheus is the captain of one of many hover ships of free humans that search the matrix for a prophesied individual who is said to be the resurrected form of the man who initially created the matrix, who also freed the first humans from captivity.  These ships are run by 6 to 10 individuals some of whom operate the ship, and some of whom are inserted into the Matrix to rescue people and search for "The One".

I was thinking that we could do a Role-Play in which we operate one of these other hover ships, do training programs, avoid the machines, and get inserted into the matrix and do missions while shooting up white cops and fleeing from white agents (for some reason all of the people that are trapped in the matrix are white).

Unfortuneately, I have no experience doing such an RP, so I'll need alot of help figuring out how this could work.  Is anyone interested?

Essentially no rules, and no dice. Players write out what happen.

If there is a GM, he can decide what the results are. Other times the player writes out his action and result.

My plan is to avoid dice unless a scenario comes up where rolling a die would be the most fair option.  An example of that being if two PCs are fighting each other in a training simulation and one of the PCs writes the fight with his character wrecking his opponent, even though both characters are of equal skill, then I would pull out the dice.  Or if someone is doing the jumping simulation, I might use the dice for that as well.  For the most part, I want to avoid the hassle of throwing a die for everything, but I'll use it if I deem it necessary.

All that said, I have no idea how to be a good GM, so if that type of governance hinders the experiance, then I'm open to suggestions.  Frankly, I'm not even sure I want to be the GM, though I'll do it if no one else wants to.  If this does get off the ground and I am the GM, I will probably nominate someone as a Vice-GM to keep me straight and show me the ropes.

Back
Top Bottom