Players to Watch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Best players to watch in your opinion? This is NA but EU put yours too. Here's mine:

New Blood:

Maccle RW: People say his calling needs work but I'm focused on his infantry play. Scrims I've seen he's carried his squad well see if he can keep it up.

Gorlock OE: Clanmate, he's been top fragging majority of our practices as cav his inf sucks. Still a bit tilty but has potential for a break out season.

Trox FAIL: Has individual skill but still struggles vs top inf. Huge lack in battle sense and skill. With the team he's on he has potential to be their star inf.

Abellard NTFOP: Much like Trox needs more battle skill/experience. But is catching on quickly. Him performing well might determine rounds for this team.

Battle Hardened Knights:

Oodle OE: Always a pleasure to learn/play with him. One of the smartest, best inf to play In NA. Nuff said.

Tito tK: Actual first "big" tourney Tito will play with a top team (most don't count UNAC6 but whatever). Always expect big things from him.

DeathAngel OE: Being on a team with good inf could help him make more shots. Well see.

AngryArcher TSC: Archer carry for TSC. Can expect good shots from him.

Lagstro wK: wK just has great support classes enough said.

Achilles wK: Clutch carry for wK. Always performs well.

Disco TSC: If he tried more he could well be top 15 Inf.

Opinion based obviously. I'm an inf so I'm a bit boast on that side but put your picks and why!

New Blood

OE_Gorlock: As stated above, the dude has done pretty well as cav that past few practice scrims, obviously still has some stuff to learn, but some great potential is there.

Beans Boys Easter Cow: Relatively newer player, who as some good mechanics when it comes to cav and inf, this tourney could definitely be a breakout performance for him.

Beans Boys Waste: Solid inf, he is very good at group fighting and playing usually pretty smart, I look forward to see how he does throughout the tourne.

TSC_Wert: Did really solid in NASL and can make some sick shots, I really look forward to seeing him in this tourney too.

Veterans

OE_oodle: One of the best inf to play, nuff said.

Jeffrey9792: Nicest guy, one of the best archers I have played with, really, core archer for tK.

Cru: One of the best, if not the best cav in NA right now, can play every class well, great addition by wK.

Wappaw_Pizza42: Probably the best player on Wappaw's roster and an overall solid player, should do a lot to help this team to some wins.

When you say "best players to watch" do you mean which ones are most likely to change the outcome of matches or do you mean which ones are the most fun to watch?

If you are seeking the later, msg my boys vinny and can for the skoop of who provides the best comedy show.

Many sacrificial lambs will be prepared for your viewing pleasure.

Aura (Zaffa) said:
If you are seeking the later, msg my boys vinny and can for the skoop of who provides the best comedy show.

We do have a top secret all star most entertaining/cringe players to watch list but the community isn't ready for it.

IDontRememberMyAccount said:
Gorlock OE: his inf sucks
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also I am defiantly not a good player to watch, if anything I am more of a comedy show to watch, I am literally retarded ask anyone.

New Blood

Apollo: He has done pretty well as cav that past few practice scrims, obviously still has some stuff to learn, but some great potential is there.

Apollo: Solid inf, he is very good at group fighting and playing usually pretty smart, I look forward to see how he does throughout the tourne.

Apollo: Did really solid in NASL and can make some sick shots, I really look forward to seeing him in this tourney too.

Infantry:

Rake (9792e) - Good friend Rake honestly doesn't get enough credit. He's on a roster filled with infantry talent, but I've noticed lately in particular he's really starting to play at a top level. As an opponent, I used to see him as someone I could just kind of roll over; now he demands second thought.

Trox (FR) - Dude kinda came out of no where. Decent inf with a lot of potential. We'll see how he fares in an actual tournament.

Tyrian (OLD) - Obviously not a new player or anything. Quite the contrary, he used to be considered the best in the game. I think it'll be really neat to see how well he can play against the new best inf dudes like Oodle and Tito. Also No Team for Old Players should use the tag "OLD_<Insert Name Here>" because I think it's awesome.

Zach (OE) - Never gets much credit but I think he's potentially top 5 inf NA. Now that OE seems to have found their stride I expect we'll see some big plays from Zach.

Ranged:

DeathAngel (OE) - Known as a top tier ranged player. Joining OE has given him the chance to show what he's made of with a well balanced and high level team backing him.

Fatso (RW) - Again, most players know Fatso to be a good shot and high level player. He'll be crucial for RW in some of their tougher matches.

RobertBruce (wK) - Buddy hasn't really been fully active since like 2012-13 but every time he plays he still lands mind-blowing shots. Should be able to see him make some plays in a few matches.

Zacty (FFHW) - Another guy who used to be top in his class, I don't think he's played in a tournament for quite a while. Like Fatso with RW, his performance could make or break Wappaw against some of their harder opponents.

Cavalry:

Justin (OE) - Known to more people as Insane, Justin is a solid high level cav player, but like some of these other players I've listed, he hasn't really had a chance to compete with a top team. We'll see how well he can partner up with Can.

Cradoc (wK) - Never gets enough credit as a cavalry player, especially in the past year or two. Known well as a top tier support inf, but I think we'll see some moves from Cradoc on horseback.

Scott Ray (OLD) - Considering he used to be famous for his closed map cav play, and that he's on a roster of basically 80% inf players, Scott will be huge for his team.

Thunderbeu (9792e) - Thunder's been playing under Heat's shadow for a long time. If he doesn't suicide or spend the entire round flexing as hard as possible at oppposing cav players, he might actually make some plays.

Elite EU

IR_KIKA_Y (Irish Rebellion): is a talented inf, archer and cav. He has fought top inf like OGL, archers like Yona and cav like Hives on equal footing. I think with his recent addition to IR they could take it all the way. He can fill any role for any team and hit as hard a boulder falling from mount everest to the deepest part of the ocean (without being altered by water and wind pressure etc) Definitely a player to watch.

Veteran:

Pepper (GP): Pepper, to be honest, is a brilliant ranger. I sometimes compare his raw shooting skill with that of Triari or LeRoux while his presence on the battlefield makes you feel save because you know that there's always a Pepper to watch you. If you manage to get to him before getting shot in the face you will find strong fighter facing you. His manual blocking skills are superb, his spam fast as a lightning and his kicks strong as a bear tackling you. Pepper is a opponent to fear whenever he's close to you. Besides that he's a exceptional leader, leading Castellan to its 12-0 victory against Fearless in the Bronze Match of WMT.

West Knights
Kelquethas
Kel has certainly developed a reputation as one of the best infantry in the scene over the past 2 years. It will be interesting to see how he performs replacing Oodle next to PPK's spear. In order for wK to do well he will have to adapt and excel with his new team.

Cru
Another new face on the wK roster, Cru has the ability to dominate at all 3 classes. wK will be able to move him around to fill any hole that develops due to inactivity or rust.

9792e

JarvisandPi
We all know that Jeffrey is amazing, but in order for tK to compete with the other top tier teams archers, Jarvis will need to play on another level. He has the potential to do so as long as his ping doesn't become to large of a hindrance.

Thunderbeu

With Insane losing an eye in a tragic blue javelin incident, pressure falls onto our favorite caster to fill the power vacuum at cav. If Thunder continues to improve mechanically and fixes some ping issues, this tK team will be in a great position to repeat their UNAC 6 success.

Rake
Rake is a very flexible player, and it will be interesting to see how Tito utilizes him during the course of the tournament. With tKs roster being as small as it is, rake will probably have to play all 3 classes at some point during the season.

One Eyed

Arys
Arys has done such an awesome job improving his own players and adding new faces that the rest of his starting lineup has actually started to surpass him in skill. Even with that said he would still be one of the best infantry on most other teams in this tournament, which is a testament to how deep OEs inf lineup actually is. If he can get hot during key matches OE will have an easy ride to the championship.

Oodle
To put it bluntly, Oodle is the best infantry in North America. But with that said he has an absolutely terrible temper that can affect his judgement and composure when his team starts losing. In order for OE to play to their potential the entire team will need to trust in each other and not go ballistic like they have in the past when things go wrong.

Ostulor
This man is tragically underrated at infantry. If he can get his schedule worked out and make it so that his computer doesn't explode in his face every time he tries to play he could easily be one of the best infantry in NA. If he does ever get back into the swing of things look for him to perform well against the scenes best.
Failed RaTs

Trox
Having been mentioned a few times already in this thread, Trox has made quite the name for himself during the weeks leading up to the tournament. He will need to develop chemistry with Tangawizi and the other inf in order for RaTs inf to keep pace with their depth at cavalry.

Zealots
Having been thrust into the starting archer job in the blink of an eye, zealots has the potential to be right up there with the other top tier archers. His success will come down to how much work he puts in personally with nowhere to go but up.

Nevino
The fate of RaTs ultimately falls on Nevino's shoulders. If he can't get his open map cav to play to their skill and correct some of the moral flaws of his team, this could be a disappointing tournament for a group as talented as it is.

Balion

The Cavalry
Rather than any 1 player, this entire core is worth noting. After playing both for and against Balion, it is obvious that this class is a glaring weakness of the team. Household names such as Ron Burgundy and Scott Ray will need to shake off the rust while the newer players like Hayden (Bjorn) and Ruthven develop their skills at the position. If they can get it together Balion is set to be a top tier team.

Chev
Having only recently joined, Chev has put together an impressive series of scrimmages for Balion, and really helped to fill a hole at archery. Similar to zealots, the success this rising star has will come down to how dedicated he is to getting better.
Beans Boys

Easter Cow
Going into week 1 Easter seems to be Beansack's best overall player. He will need to do well at both Infantry and Cavalry in order for his team to secure themselves a playoff spot.

Novac
One of the few Europeans playing for an NA team, Novac proved in WPL 1 that he is capable of going toe to toe with NAs infantry, even with his ping. He will be a cornerstone of Bean's Success if he is active.

Four Feet of Hard Wood

CheesePizza
Any success this team has is going to be spearheaded by this man. Pizza42 will carry wappaw at whatever class he plays himself as and it will be up to the rest of the team to capitalize on his kills.

Zacty
An underrated archer who has a chance to make a big difference for Wappaw if he plays well.

Rynwulf

Maccle
As the leader of RW, alot will rest on Maccle's ability to get his clan organized and focused. As someone recently removed from OE, he is no pushover at infantry himself and can make an impact in the right situations.

Creed
A top tier infantry in his own right, If creed becomes active again it might be enough to propel RW as high as 5th seed come playoffs if a team like RaTs were to stumble at any point during the season.

Truly Sad Coalition

Angry Archer
At one time a total sniper, Angry Archer needs to get back in the swing of things for TSB to have any chance at making playoffs. If he does, TSB could really surprise some of the other mid tier teams.

Ummmmmmmidk
Another archer who will play a large part in any success TSB has. If tsb wins matches it will be because of their ranged players carrying the load.

Beardfuzzilicious

Xerute
This guy will either make or break this team. If he realizes that Beardfuzzilicious isnt about to win any championships and plays to have fun then they might win some matches. But if he gets to angry and cancerous everything will crumble around him just as clans have in the past. If he could get past his issues he would be a very good archer for a team that really needs one.

Chowski
An up and coming inf, Chowski can go toe to toe with the infantry of other mid tier teams under the right circumstances.

*Edit* The NW teams are not nearly active enough to warrant their players making it on any list with the exception of Hawkeye for Les is More

*2nd Edit* To many dumb grammatical errors to fix in one go. Id rather just take a nap

Back
Top Bottom