Warband Competitive Matchmaking Client / BETA / [Update: 1.1.0]

Users who are viewing this thread

grimsight

Sergeant Knight

GRmym3P.png

1.1.1 has been released.
Your client should automatically update upon attempting to log in.
Patch Notes

QUEUES
- France queues will been enabled in the afternoon PST time. German servers coming shortly after.

MAPS
- Tannenburg has been moved from the test servers to the official map pool.
Note: By request, this is in preparation for adding the NC 2017 CTF-hybrid game mode to the test servers. I feel Tannenburg could use more play testing, but I would like to make room for the new game mode. It is unlikely the NC game mode will make its way to the official servers unless the community vastly prefers it. 

BUG FIXES
- Fixed an issue causing MMRs to be changed and displayed incorrectly after matches
- Fixes to the abandon/ban system

MATCHMAKING
- All queues have been split into their respective servers locations. You may select multiple server locations when queueing.
- A bar is displayed next to each server you can queue for. Hovering over the bar will tell you how many matches have been played in that region over the past hour.
- Added the PT (public test) queue, which will be used to test new features and maps. Currently the 1 PT server is located in North America.

RANKING SYSTEM
- You will now gain/lose a base of 8 MMR for wins/loses. Ties reward no base MMR. The amount of MMR gained/lost per ROUND has been halved.

BAN SYSTEM
- The number of times you fail to ready up, or fail to join the server in time, and how long you are absent from a live match are now all recorded
- Ban lengths now depend on your number of offences in its category
- Not readying: 1st Offence: Warning | 2nd: 5 min ban | 2nd: 10 min | 3rd+: 30 min
- Not joining the server/Absent 5 minutes or more from match: 1st Offence: 30 min ban | 2nd: 1 hour | 3rd: 2 hours | 4th: 5 hours | 5th: 24 hours | 6th: 7 days
- Griefing: 1st Offence : 1 day ban | 2nd: 7 days | 3rd: Permanent ban
- Your progression in these ban states decreases by 1 after a week since your last offence, except griefing which decreases after 30 days.

STAT TRACKING
- Your games won/lost/tied and rounds won/lost with each faction and map are now being recorded, however will not be viewable until a future patch.

UI
- Major UI overhaul/restyling done by Rosslington.
- To avoid confusion the queue information box no longer displays which game server your queue is linked to
- You will no longer be shown the opposing team in the match window. Hopefully this will reduce the amount of match dodging. Kudos to Brian for the idea
- You can now look up matches you did not take place in
- Added a "Remember me" button on the login form

CLAN SYSTEM
- Rosslington has added basic clan functionality. You can join a clan, or create your own and set its name, tag, and description. Your clan tag will be displayed beside your name in the client.

MAPS
- Desert Town has been added to the official map pool (working properly since last time)
- A new update of Tannenburg by Firunien is the active map on the PT queue. Feedback appreciated

BUG FIXING
- Fixed a bug where the client would show you queued for a match when you actually are not
- Fixed various in game bugs
- Fixed an issue where sometimes ALL players would be banned if not all 16 players joined the server in time
- Fixed an issue where consistently 2-3 people would crash at match end

MISC
- All servers now have spectator cameras locked along with other corrected settings
- Fixed the annoying windows sound being played when typing in chat

LANGUAGE
- The client now supports Turkish. Thank you M.ArdA for translating! Some areas may not be translated yet.

ADMINS
- Admins are now equipped to ban/unban and mute/unmute users, kick players from queue, manually close games, and fix game server settings

=====================================
OLD

Patch 1.0.3.0
MAPS
- Desert Town has been added to the map pool.

MATCHMAKING
- The queueing algorithm has been fixed, you will now join the highest populated room available.

UI
- Your kills, deaths, and teamkills are now displayed on the stats panel.
- A very basic leaderboard has been added, displaying the top 25 players by MMR.
- Debug messages will now displayed in a text box separate from the chat box
- Replaced placeholder splash images on the home screen with new images by Belendor
- In the stats panel, Battle Rating and Duel Rating changed to Battle MMR and Duel MMR to avoid confusion

BUG FIXING (all need testing)
- Fixed a possible exception concerning a 'Background worker'
- Fixed an issue where some users trying to log in would incorrectly get a message "Warband matchmaking is under maintenance" (needs confirmation from those experiencing the bug)
- Fixed a possible freeze when clicking the ready button
- Fixed a possible mishap where a match overwrites another

OTHER
- Lew has donated a server located in Germany for WBMM to make use of. Thank you!

What is Warband Matchmaking?
Warband matchmaking is a system developed to allow a style of practice which is closer to the format players will experience in tournament matches; the 8v8. The system is incredibly easy for new players to pick up, requiring only basic understanding of the game before jumping into realm of competitive Mount & Blade.  The client will track basic stat information on release (MMR/elo, kills, deaths, wins, loses), and eventually expand to give more indepth and specific stats to help you analyze your play.

Currently in order to practice for tournaments players must use public servers with caps as high as fifty people, something which does not in any way resemble actual competitive play. Now those hoping to sharpen their skills and gain experience are able to do so at any time, rather than having to wait for a private scrim.

Current Feature List
  » Queue for ranked competitive 8v8 matches
  » Basic stat tracking (MMR/K/D)

[size=16pt]Planned Features

» MMR deterministic matchmaking
  » Group queueing
  » Scrim features
  » Clan Support
  » Ranked Dueling
  » Advanced stat tracking

Download
  The client is no longer operational. Sorry!

Language Support
  » English
  » Turkish
French Tutorial (thanks Tiberias!)

Notes from the developer
Grimsight said:
Hi everyone! What started as a small experiment over a month ago has grown to be a reality. Automated matchmaking has made its way to Warband. The client is still lacking in features, not fully bug tested, and should be considered a BETA. I wanted to get it out the door in time for Warband Pro League 2, so please bear all this in mind if you run into any glitches in the system during your play. Now to answer a few questions you might have: [size=2pt]

Current limitations
[list type=decimal]
[*]Matchmaking is not rating deterministic. A player with 1 MMR can be put into a game with a player with 10,000 MMR.
[*]There is no group queueing functionality.
[/list]
These 2 features are on the way but will not be ready for release, I figure I need to take my time with these things as they will add multiple layers of complexity (bugs) and if not done right could drastically increase queue times (finding 16 players can be hard). [size=2pt]

How does it work?
Currently the match making logic is incredibly basic. Select either NA or EU, and the client will connect you to the highest populated room. Once 16 players are inside that room, each player will be sent a ready check. Should a player not accept the ready check, they will be banned for 30 minutes. If all 16 players ready up a new window will open, showing the teams, map, and factions. A 60 second countdown will go into effect, at the end of which the server information will be displayed. During the count down players can chat with their teammates and select their first and second preferred classes to be displayed beside their name (Infantry, Archer, or Cavalry).

Once the countdown is finished, the players have 3 minutes to join the game server. Once all 16 players connect to the server the match will start. Should a player not join the game server in time, that player will be banned for 30 minutes and the game will end. Once the match begins it will play just like a regular scrim. After a team has won 3 rounds, there will be a 60 second break, then a side swap. After a team wins another 3 rounds, the match ends and the players are kicked. The client will show a new window displaying the stats of all players in the game and the changes to your MMR.

Does the client launch Warband and automatically connect me to the server?
No. To the best of my knowledge, this is impossible. Players will have to connect to the server manually. 

Is this a virus? Is this secure? Make it open source!
I've played Warband for 3000 hours. A real automated matchmaking system is something I've wanted for years, so I did it myself. There is nothing malicious hidden in this program but if you're worried feel free to take every precaution possible before downloading  :lol:

Your passwords are safely stored using a hashing function known as bcrypt. Long story short, they are secure. I would advise using a new password anyway. Multi million dollar companies can be hacked and have passwords leaked/cracked. And I'm not a security expert!
The client will not be open source, at least not for the time being.

Australian servers?
Aussie community, voice enough interest and I should be able to deliver. Also helps if you recommend some quality server providers.

Mac and Linux Support?
Not on launch. Possibility for the future, should there be sufficient interest. If you're a mac user and you're dying to play - I imagine a parallels setup would do the trick.

[td]
5621140148_36b6ed98d2_o.png
[/td]
[td]

JmqiAC5.png

THE CREATIVE TEAM

5620582193_07207bc789_o.png
» Grimsight
ler7hzy.gif
Steam
P6EEJdM.gif
TaleWorlds
Project Lead
» Gibby
ler7hzy.gif
Steam
P6EEJdM.gif
TaleWorlds
Project Manager
» Arys
ler7hzy.gif
Steam
P6EEJdM.gif
TaleWorlds
Project Manager
» Rosslington
ler7hzy.gif
Steam
P6EEJdM.gif
TaleWorlds
Graphics Design

Additional help from:
SjaelesUI Design
BelendorGraphics Design

Other:
[GIT] PHP Elo Calculator by Michal Chovanec (Edits made)
[OSP] Whitelist System by Domipoppe (Edits made)

Thank You:
Metzger for donating multiple German servers
Lew for donating a new German server
Ciiges for donating a new Netherlands server

Credits to Gibby for the thread.

HELP WANTED

» Experienced Module System scripters
» Graphics Designers
» UI Designers

Please contact Grimsight by PM on TaleWorlds or message through Steam.
[/td]

Does it have to be a client? :S
Would prefer a website(like CSGO's faceit, for example), as I can't really see any advantage the client would give to the user.

Nevertheless, good luck, and I'm looking forward to see what you're creating :p

Back
Top Bottom