Remove all trees from villages, cities and castles

Users who are viewing this thread

Ericzeppe53

Recruit
Hej. I just installed the awesome "Dark age" graphic mod for VC. But for some some reason there are trees in the villages, cities, on houses and other stupid places. The creator has still not fixed this.
So now i need to know how i manually remove all the trees from villages, cities and castles?
I would be so greatful if someone could help me with his

Go through the brf files and find those problematic models, then swap them for something else (like something invisible).

kraggrim said:
Go through the brf files and find those problematic models, then swap them for something else (like something invisible).

When i open a BRT file its just gibberish.  Explain more step by step how to remove trees.

the mod you mentioned is not listed in the forum, so no idea which version is it based on

check http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,335987.0.html for graphics changes, or other submods

removing things like trees will probably take more work/time that you are willing to invest. However, if you really want to learn how, I suggest you visit the Forge.

For .brf files you can see the tools section for the OpenBRF application.

kalarhan said:
the mod you mentioned is not listed in the forum, so no idea which version is it based on

check http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,335987.0.html for graphics changes, or other submods

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6074/?

This is the mod i´m talking about. Much better then that other brown retexturing.
This is how its supposed to be done. Just need to remove them damn trees and it will be perfect. Check it out

HI there,
I have done much work to this "Dark Age Mod" with the premission of the creater ha3481 at Nexus. There will be a new "version, Mod" for VC soon, i hope so.
We still have to do some stuff but you should take a look at this forum again, soon. It has tons of changes, fixes, music and so on.

HooTmAn said:
HI there,
I have done much work to this "Dark Age Mod" with the premission of the creater ha3481 at Nexus. There will be a new "version, Mod" for VC soon, i hope so.
We still have to do some stuff but you should take a look at this forum again, soon. It has tons of changes, fixes, music and so on.

Thats great news. Hope you will also release it as a graphics only mod so i can use my saved games. Is it possible to get the graphics only part, so i can play with the polished version you have done so far?

Ericzeppe53 said:
HooTmAn said:
HI there,

Thats great news. Hope you will also release it as a graphics only mod so i can use my saved games. Is it possible to get the graphics only part, so i can play with the polished version you have done so far?

No we do not have a polished patch only. You can easily do this for your own, if needed. But there are new weapons, items, armors and the game is more balanced because Kale from Sword and Shield has add his part to the Mod too. So there is no savegame compatibility.

Ericzeppe53 said:
This is how its supposed to be done. Just need to remove them damn trees and it will be perfect. Check it out
It's a well known nuissance with the Polished Landscape mod.
Basically it replaces one native tree with a cluster of trees - that's why forests are more dense.
But that also means clipping issues where trees are inside buildings and on paths etc.

The only thing to do is manually remove the unwanted trees by editing the scenes.
It's very simple, but considering the large amount of scenes it will probably take many hours/days.

Back
Top Bottom