RELEASE: DanyEle's Persistent World Scripts

Users who are viewing this thread

Please help, I have 2 problens in install.

1° in http://localhost/pwnameserver/?page=player_names

What is server name and server password? Nothing work for me

2° is

Notice: Undefined index: id in C:\USBWebserver v8.6\root\backend\index.php on line 2

Notice: Undefined index: pid in C:\USBWebserver v8.6\root\backend\index.php on line 3

Notice: Undefined index: user in C:\USBWebserver v8.6\root\backend\index.php on line 4

Notice: Undefined variable: deats_print in C:\USBWebserver v8.6\root\backend\index.php on line 129
|4|1000|0|5000||411285|0|0|0| 0| 1

in my http://localhost/backend/

Please help-me, I need much this script, I expended much months in my new server.

Great Scripts they really put their time into it!
Awesome made. by the two.  :grin:

The one thing could always change an update to a php7 version someday with the scripts. on phpmyadmin

Best Regards. Wilson

Sadly I cannot get these scripts to work, and the people providing these scripts require over 50 pounds, just to get them setup (not including continued support). So much for free scripts... I appreciate your offer but this is not a good deal for me.

Techie said:
Sadly I cannot get these scripts to work, and the people providing these scripts require over 50 pounds, just to get them setup (not including continued support). So much for free scripts... I appreciate your offer but this is not a good deal for me.

Any non-incompetent can get this mod to work just fine, actually. Only gripe I could imagine you might have with this is that it is using PHP 5.6 and outdated mysqli drivers. Might be worth for you to rewrite the backend?

If the instructions in the supplied documentation are followed, and the prerequisites are met, then the scriptset will function correctly. As was explained to you through Steam, Ramaraunt, your issue is as a result of using PHP7. PHP7 completely removes the deprecated MySQL functionset. You could address this in one of two notable ways. The first would be by installing an older PHP version (such as 5.3) which is supported by the scriptset. The second (which requires some working knowledge of PHP) would be modify the scriptset, replacing MySQL functions with MySQLi/PDO.

If you lack the knowledge to do either of these yourself, then we offer a set up service for both the scriptset alone, and PHP/MySQL/Apache. This is charged at £20/£50 respectively. It is not a requirement for you to be able to use the scriptset, and I strongly encourage you to invest some time in researching, and learning how to install and appropriately configure PHP, MySQL, Apache; it is knowledge that will benefit you in the long-term running of your community.

When the scriptset's backend was originally created, it was never anticipated that it would eventually be released publicly. As a result, it was not created with commonly-accepted best practices in mind. The plan was to retrofit the backend, replacing the outdated MySQL with MySQLi/PDO; however, with the decline of PW's popularity, incentive and motivation to do this rapidly diminished.

Anywho, it has been brought to DanyEle's attention that a number of people are experiencing difficulty when using the scriptset with communities that are non-English speaking, and primarily use non-UTF8 characters. This is related to the sanitisation feature that is included with the main release. Please see a link below to a version that does not include this feature.

PW_SCRIPTSET_PUBLIC_FINALVER_NOSANISIATION.rar - MEGA.nz

Well considering this https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,376447.0.html

Might be nice of you guys to release the sources now. Not like you will make any money on them anyways...

Techie said:
Well considering this https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,376447.0.html

Might be nice of you guys to release the sources now. Not like you will make any money on them anyways...

I'm being targeted by hackers in this community, so I am completely and utterly changing my online identity. I am serious this time around, and you will find no trace of me after this. I tried doing it already but I never went this far. Thank you everyone for playing with me, and for modding with me. I will miss you all.

Ramaraunt

Captain Conner said:
Techie said:

I'm being targeted by hackers in this community, so I am completely and utterly changing my online identity. I am serious this time around, and you will find no trace of me after this. I tried doing it already but I never went this far. Thank you everyone for playing with me, and for modding with me. I will miss you all.

Ramaraunt

Hey Conner! If you really want to know why I did what I did, please make a new thread, because I don't want to interrupt this one with that discussion, since Gishank and Dani are doing an excellent job providing this free service (though I seem to not be capable of getting the scripts working, I have talked with other who can, so I'm most likely just doing something wrong). I would be more than happy to explain what happened, and why I decided to return to this wonderful community.

Also, if Dani and Gishank have a different plan with their scripts, that is fine with me. However, I would love it if the sources were released for free because it would do so much good for the community.

Taleworlds' private server monetisation policy has no baring on the scriptset, or the setup services we provide. Of course, if DanyEle chooses to eventually release the scriptset as an OSP, that's entirely down to him.

Lord-Newt said:
would this work for a sub mod like persistent frontier?

If PF's source code was made open source, my scripts could potentially be implemented in Persistent Frontier, as I already did for a few other PW sub-mods.

RamarauntTheCodingNinja said:
Captain Conner said:
Techie said:

Ramaraunt

Hey Conner! If you really want to know why I did what I did, please make a new thread, because I don't want to interrupt this one with that discussion, since Gishank and Dani are doing an excellent job providing this free service (though I seem to not be capable of getting the scripts working, I have talked with other who can, so I'm most likely just doing something wrong). I would be more than happy to explain what happened, and why I decided to return to this wonderful community.

Also, if Dani and Gishank have a different plan with their scripts, that is fine with me. However, I would love it if the sources were released for free because it would do so much good for the community.

I am not planning to release the source code of my scripts as of now.

Why everyone tells scripters to release their work for free holy crap.
It was not your time you did spend on scripting and error & fix bs.

If its like that pls message the TW devs to release the sources of Warband.
Same sense: There is none. Time is time. And time is often charged.

Game devs develop a game so they sell it.

Modders/Scripters customize game modes/scripts and sell them for the work.

Where is the difference?
Imo, nowhere.

Given the lack of activity in the Persistent World community, I've decided to release the code for my Persistent World scripts under the CC BY-NC 4.0, meaning that you not allowed to resell or sub-rent this code to others. This code has been created and polished over four years (2014-201:cool: and is the result of many many hours of work at implementing new features and bug fixes. Of course, there may still be minor issues and bugs left in the code, but it's been the core codebase used in several successful servers over the years.

The code is provided "as-is", and it includes:

- Module System
- A PHP backend
- An SQL DB
- Name server
- Compiled warband files
- A license with the allowed usage
- A README on how to use and setup the scripts.

Download link: LINK

The password of the archive is danyele_pw_code!

The code is compatible with the latest PW_4.5.1 version.

Also if you are interested in a Hardcore-Roleplay version of the present code, feel free to contact me!

Back
Top Bottom