SP Fantasy Kingdoms of Arda (Lord of the Rings for Bannerlord)

Users who are viewing this thread

Which program did you use for making those surreal textures?It reminds of 'Substance Painter'. I never knew how to use it.

I hope we will have a tool or something integrated for sculpting faces of the lords. Here are some "articles" I found.
http://www.pcgamer.com/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-will-support-multiple-mods-at-once/
http://www.pcgamesn.com/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord/mount-and-blade-2-mods

I can't wait for us to recreate Battle of Hornburg.

You know what?When the game comes out I will try to sculpt some of main characters faces using the game's Character Creation.And then somehow send you the code or whatever so we can implement into the mod. If they can make Einstein then we can make Gandalf!  :grin:

Hmm, can you tell what armor/weapon types do you plan for Khand?
Will you follow the example of The Last Days of The Third Age armors (All khand armors were lamellar, and a kilt), or make yours?

Thrandy said:
Which program did you use for making those surreal textures?It reminds of 'Substance Painter'. I never knew how to use it.

I hope we will have a tool or something integrated for sculpting faces of the lords. Here are some "articles" I found.
http://www.pcgamer.com/mount-blade-2-bannerlord-will-support-multiple-mods-at-once/
http://www.pcgamesn.com/mount-blade-ii-bannerlord/mount-and-blade-2-mods

I can't wait for us to recreate Battle of Hornburg.

You know what?When the game comes out I will try to sculpt some of main characters faces using the game's Character Creation.And then somehow send you the code or whatever so we can implement into the mod. If they can make Einstein then we can make Gandalf!  :grin:
Substance Painter indeed:razz: I highly suggest trying to learn to use it.
They said they want it easy to share your characters. Would be an easy way for everyone to give a hand in creating the mod:smile:

TheGreatGold said:
Hmm, can you tell what armor/weapon types do you plan for Khand?
Will you follow the example of The Last Days of The Third Age armors (All khand armors were lamellar, and a kilt), or make yours?
The Khand factions hasn't been thought out yet. Although we will likely follow the TLD designs for some of it. Also games workshop has some inspiration for lower tier troops.

Hey,
awesome idea and models.
I would recommend first making the basic troop tiers and models, like gondor archer, gondor inf and gondor cav and further expanding from that, until in later release you can make dol amroth troops and such, same with the factions: First Gondor, Elves, Dwarves, Rohan, Mordor and maybe Isengard, later divide the main factions into 2 and creating some smaller ones like dunland or so.
Because if you really plan releasing 10 factions at the beginning you gonna have a hard time.
If M&B 2 has a good map editor i could make the world map, you can send me messages when the time comes!

Keep up the good work :smile:

TheWarArmoury said:
Our initial scope is 8 factions, to replace the Bannerlord factions one to one(Currently Gondor, Rohan, Lothlorien, Mordor, Isengard, Rhun, Dunland and Harad).
Initially we want Gondor, Rohan, Isengard and Mordor to be fully fleshed out, including most feifdoms/scenes. The other four will be "supporting" factions with less complex troop trees and scenes. But they will be expanded when their region is created.

All help is appreciated! Thanks:grin:

For Lothlorien we should make Caras Galadhon and then some smaller scenes with those platforms on the trees.Also with that new Replay System we can make some badass trailers and screenshots.

Rohan should consist of Edoras,Helm's Deep and some villages with randomized placing of houses and horses and wheat fields.

Isengard should consist of Orthanc,some Camps for Uruk-hai and for the Wildmen of Dunland.

Gondor should have Minas Tirith,Osgiliath,Dol Amroth and Cair Andros.

Mordor should consist of Barad-Dur,Minas Morgul and Black Gate.

If we managed to make all these scenes this would be more than enough for the Alpha release.
The only thing I fear is that the Skeleton would be just like in Warband(like a cross shaped skeleton) so you'll have to change the leg position and the arms.Textures should be the least of the worries with the Substance Painter. I have it on my PC(but I am on my phone until 27th December because that's when we get 1-month break from School).

I heard that most of the Attila and Rome 2 Total War modders are using Substance Painter so their textures look amazing. Check that "Enpremi" guy out.He's the best graphics designer on ModDB I believe.His models and textures are looking better than real life.

SixRibbons said:
I would wait for the release of game before I have done anything for non-human factions.
This has rather been the tendency. Although there are things we can still do for them. Weapons, scenes and what not can be still completed before release. Also since uruks will be using a human skeleton we have started on them too. We will wait to make the faces and body for other races because we want to see how moddable the character creator is.
Thrandy said:
For Lothlorien we should make Caras Galadhon and then some smaller scenes with those platforms on the trees.Also with that new Replay System we can make some badass trailers and screenshots.
Our concept artist has drawn up some interesting images for Lothlorien. The replay system does really sound awesome.
Rohan should consist of Edoras,Helm's Deep and some villages with randomized placing of houses and horses and wheat fields.

Isengard should consist of Orthanc,some Camps for Uruk-hai and for the Wildmen of Dunland.

Gondor should have Minas Tirith,Osgiliath,Dol Amroth and Cair Andros.

Mordor should consist of Barad-Dur,Minas Morgul and Black Gate.
I will be modelling Gondorian, Rohirrim, Mordor(ian?) and Isengard props for our sceners to make. Depending on how many of them are still willing to work for Bannerlord will determine how many scenes the release will have.

If we managed to make all these scenes this would be more than enough for the Alpha release.
The only thing I fear is that the Skeleton would be just like in Warband(like a cross shaped skeleton) so you'll have to change the leg position and the arms.Textures should be the least of the worries with the Substance Painter. I have it on my PC(but I am on my phone until 27th December because that's when we get 1-month break from School).
I was thinking the same but I do think the skeleton will not be the T for Bannerlord, of course I can't be certain.

I heard that most of the Attila and Rome 2 Total War modders are using Substance Painter so their textures look amazing. Check that "Enpremi" guy out.He's the best graphics designer on ModDB I believe.His models and textures are looking better than real life.
Yeah I am aware of enpremi, really great 3D artist!

TheWarArmoury said:
Our concept artist has drawn up some interesting images for Lothlorien. The replay system does really sound awesome.

I was thinking the same but I do think the skeleton will not be the T for Bannerlord, of course I can't be certain.

Can you post the concept art, or are you keeping it as a surprise :grin:?

Regarding the skeletons, have you thought about trying to match the arm angle of your armours to the BL inventory pose?
YAR2y.jpg
Obviously this would still be fairly inexact :smile:.

That is actually a great idea kraggrim!In Warband armors were put in inventory the way they looked without rigging.

Unfortunately there's still the possibility that BL does it differently, inventory armour could be rigged for UI-space or aesthetic reasons. But it seems like it might be the safest option (to my inexperienced eyes anyway).

Let me just grab the protractor:wink: But that is a good picture, thank you. I'll model after this starting now, but I won't remake any of the models as the chance it is rigged to that position still stands and doing that twice won't be fun.

kraggrim said:
Can you post the concept art, or are you keeping it as a surprise :grin:?
No post for the moment :smile:

He seems to be on twitter a lot https://twitter.com/captainlust, and maybe used to be on reddit a fair bit I think.

Back
Top Bottom