WPL2 - SIGN UPS - CLOSED

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
9D3heB1.png

SIGN-UPS

Welcome to the sign-ups for the second season of the Warband Pro League! As many of you know we've been discussing the possible hosting of this tournament for the past two months now and finally we've reached a point where we feel confident that we'll be able to exceed our goal of at least 30 participating teams, which is a requirement for us to meet in order to get the $10,000 prize pool we're all coveting. So without further delay here's how to sign up for the tournament - in order to register a team fill out the following template and post it below. Make sure you've read the tournament ruleset before signing up, and feel free to talk to any of the administrative team about any concerns or questions. Sign-ups will close on October 25th!

Also, just to clarify - teams can play in any region they want, meaning, if you're a European team but feel like you'd have a better chance of winning or making it to double-elimination in the North American region you can sign-up to play there and vice-versa.

Fill out the application below to register:
Code:
[b]Team Banner:[/b]
[b]Team Name:[/b]
[b]Region (EU/NA):[/b]
[b]Captain Name:[/b]
[b]Captain Taleworlds and Steam Contact:[/b]
[b]CO-Captain Name:[/b]
[b]CO-Captain Taleworlds and Steam Contact:[/b]
[b]Roster:[/b]
[tr][td]	Player 1 	[/td][td] ID [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]	Player 2 	[/td][td] ID [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]	Player 3 	[/td][td] ID [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]	Player 4 	[/td][td] ID [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]	Player 5 	[/td][td] ID [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]	Player 6 	[/td][td] ID [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]	Player 7 	[/td][td] ID [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]	Player 8 	[/td][td] ID [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]	Player 9 	[/td][td] ID [/td][/tr]
[tr][td]	Player 10 	[/td][td] ID [/td][/tr]

EXAMPLE
Team Banner:
9gVae.png

Team Name: Apis Europae
Region (EU/NA): EU
Captain Name: Deacon Barry
Captain Taleworlds and Steam Contact: Taleworlds | Steam
Roster:
Wierdo  387
AZAN  10762
Cleric  13487 653835
BLACKTIDE 17907
Kristus Ronaldo 20578
Mitchell  33694
Deacon  37938
Nea 47978
blivandefar 68264
axL 80488
Peter 104596
NeLe 382651
Corey 390033
M 390111
LeRoux 40260
Scar 407629
Anders 985995
Razer  1002805
Tomy 1076095
Bloody_Death 1111821

INFORMATION

The Warband Pro League will be split into two regions, EU and NA. In the regional stage, teams will compete in a ladder lasting seven weeks. The regional stage will be followed up by a double-elimination stage (we're hoping that this stage will be a LAN, we've secured a venue, but we need someone or something to cover the other expenses), where we will take the top four teams from each region and give them the chance to compete for the grand prize and crown. Here's how the money will be split;

M4I7ECy.png

For further detailing on how the tournament will be ran, you should take a look at our ruleset. However, I'll highlight the notable information for your convenience.

Arys said:
§ 3 SERVER SETTINGS

Module:WPLV2
ENL Mode:Private
Combat Speed:Medium
Block Direction:Manual
Auto-Balance Limit:Off
Disallow Ranged Weapons:Off
Ranged Friendly Fire:On
Melee Friendly Fire:On
Damage to Friend:100%
Damage to Self:0%
Gold:100%
Combat Bonus:100%
Round Bonus:100%
Respawn Time:8 seconds
Max Round Time:180 seconds
Map Time:120 minutes
Spectator Mode:Locked to team member's view.
Flag Spawn:35 seconds

Arys said:
  • The servers that teams will play on during the double-elimination stage will be left to the staffs discretion. We will give teams a handful of servers to try out, and where-ever the pings are closest to equal is where the match will be played.
NOTE: The double-elimination phase may not begin right after the regular season ends, since we're trying to secure a LAN. It'll may be delayed a bit. Should the LAN not happen, it'll be played online ASAP.

Arys said:
§ 2.2 LADDER STAGE
[list type=decimal]
[*]The WPL will be played in a a ladder system, lasting seven weeks.
[*]Teams are sorted in the ladder firstly by total points, secondly by the Buchholz score of their opponents and thirdly by round difference.
[*]Teams are awarded 0 points for a loss, 1 point for a draw and 3 points for a win.
[*]Teams are assigned levels according to how many matches they have won.
  • Level 0: 0 Wins
  • Level 1: 1 Win
  • Level 2: 2 Wins
  • Level 3: 3 Wins
  • Level 4: 4 Wins
  • Level 5: 5 Wins
  • Level 6: 6 wins
[*]Every week, we will present a pool of six maps and four factions. Teams will then have to ban one of the maps from the pool and pick one map from the pool on the day of their match.
[*]The weekly match-ups are made by the teams themselves during "pick nights". These pick nights take place every Tuesday between 18:30 and 20:00 GMT. Each team is allotted a time slot of two minutes to pick their opponents.
[*]Picking order is prioritised as follows:
  • Teams with 0 points that were in the WNL the previous week.
  • Teams that have joined the WNL in the current week.
  • Teams yet to pick with the lowest number of points
  • Should teams have equal number of points, then the team with the most rounds won is given priority.
  • Week 1's fixtures will be selected randomly.
[*]Teams may not pick a team they played against in the previous week or a team more than one level above them, unless there is no other alternative.
[*]If a team misses their pick or makes an invalid pick, their pick is randomized from any of the next 3 teams in the picking order that lost their latest match or are new to the ladder. Failing that, the pick is taken from the next team in the picking order that lost their last match or is new to the ladder. Failing that, the pick is randomized from any of the next 3 teams in the picking order.
[*]If a team only has two teams to choose from and one of the teams sat out the previous week, they must pick that team.
[*]If the league has an odd number of teams, the team that has first pick will be awarded a default win.
[*]If two teams fail to play their match within the deadline, for the purposes of the next pick night they will be treated as if they had won their match and lost all rounds.
[/list]

ADMINISTRATORS

255px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
Arys
Head Admin
yvFxuVO.png

Calamity
Admin
yvFxuVO.png

255px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
Deacon Barry
Admin
yvFxuVO.png

255px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
Gibby
Admin
yvFxuVO.png

The Magician
Admin
yvFxuVO.png

255px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
Sjaeles
Admin
yvFxuVO.png

REGISTERED TEAMS

North American
9792e Regiment
Bean's Boys
BeardFuzzzlicious SJW_Hunters9791
Failed RaTs
Four Feet of Hard Wood
Les's House
No Team For Old Players
One Eyed
Rynwulf
The Knights of Saint Lazarus
Truely Sad Coalition
West Knights

[td]
5621140148_36b6ed98d2_o.png

[td]
European

17e
Absolute Power
Aequalitas
Alliance of Destruction
Apis Europae
Bad Name Studios
Bohemian Guard
Enmity
Fearless
Ferocious Trident Wielders
Forlorn Hope
Geese Pack
Heroes & Inquisition
HITMEN i Warsong Clan
Irish Rebels
korwinboys
LaFamilia
Les Braves
Matek's doughnuts
Random Potatoes
Revolution
TonysTanks
Tranquility
Ucubeler
Wonwokie

[/td]
[/td]

Any idea on the time frame? Things will need to cascade very quickly if we want to make sure the holiday season doesnt interfere with the tournament.

Arys said:
  • The servers that teams will play on during the double-elimination stage will be left to the staffs discretion. We will give teams a handful of servers to try out, and where-ever the pings are closest to equal is where the match will be played.
NOTE: The double-elimination phase may not begin right after the regular season ends, since we're trying to secure a LAN. It'll may be delayed a bit. Should the LAN not happen, it'll be played online ASAP.

^

This is already in the notable info portion of the OP, but since some may not check that, I'd like to re-itereate it.

Please include that bit of information when making your decision to partake in this tournament.

I had a few questions about the WPL tournament. First, how many members can be on a team, and how many play at a time? Second, how often would my team's events be? Third, what time are NA events? Thanks

Charles the Great said:
I had a few questions about the WPL tournament. First, how many members can be on a team, and how many play at a time? Second, how often would my team's events be? Third, what time are NA events? Thanks

Minimum of 10. 8v8. Once a week. Whenever you schedule it with the other team but usually they are at night and on weekends.

Advise you read this entire thread (not that long really..) for the important info: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,342406.msg8172186.html#msg8172186

Re posting by request of Gibby :smile:

Team Banner: *TBA*
Team Name:  "Les Braves" (18e)
Captain Name: John Price
Captain Taleworlds and Steam Contact: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;area=summary;u=459028 - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Chrisehh/
CO-Captain Name: Pluto
CO-Captain Taleworlds and Steam Contact: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198009083444/ - As for Taleworlds contact I will have him give me when he is online :smile:
Roster:
John Price ID
Pluto *TBA*
*TBA* ID
*TBA* ID
*TBA* ID
*TBA* ID
*TBA* ID
*TBA* ID
*TBA* ID
*TBA* ID

Sorry for lots of TBA. I will update ASAP :smile:

- Price

Team Banner: the USA flag
Team Name: Knights of America
Region (EU/NA): NA
Captain Name: Charles I
Captain Taleworlds and Steam Contact:
Taleworlds: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile;updated
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198213488161/  (I know it says inactive, but just copy and paste it in your browser)
CO-Captain Name: TBA
CO-Captain Taleworlds and Steam Contact: TBA
Roster:
Charles I ID
York  ID
TBA  ID
TBA  ID
TBA  ID
TBA  ID
TBA  ID
TBA  ID
TBA  ID
TBA  ID

Team Banner:
enmity_banner.png

Team Name: Enmity
Region (EU/NA): Europe
Captain Name: Sombie
Captain Taleworlds and Steam Contact: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198064650183/
CO-Captain Name: Demon
CO-Captain Taleworlds and Steam Contact: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Demon3652/
Roster:
Herishey ID 521274 & 1573019
Demon ID 712317
Brit-         ID 1088986
Sombie    ID 1233255 & 2249847
Wizard ID 1015246
Halian ID 1110399
Dadlex ID 147922
Bradley ID 49363
Sednan ID 1528399
Brutus ID 1180258
The_Big_Show ID 657904
Sean ID 428572
MitchYy    ID 428053

More to be added :smile:

Team Banner: 
82a299f7cfa3da7a8e28c1cb9c7ebe991f523df7_full.jpg

Team Name: 17e Dreamteam
Captain Name: Ismar
Captain Contact: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045337064/
Co-Captain Name: Pieter
Co-Captain Contact: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016402305/
Roster:
-Ismar ID: 1378718
-Pieter ID: 1268756
-Siefkopf         ID: 1413253
-B1GG13_SMALLS ID: 1747321
-Bigmama         ID: 1820537
-Normanguy ID: 996510
-DisabledDonkey ID: 1001138
-Infinity ID: 1705062
-Troister         ID: 1322864
-Caskie ID: 1196017
-Hursty ID: 2398739
-Saxxxio ID: 1408680
-JY                            ID: TBA
-VanLeeuwen            ID: TBA     

Will update as soon as I get the other IDs​

Charles the Great said:
Lemme get this straight. My team will have one match a week, for seven weeks?

Not an admin, but yes you have to play one official match every week. That is how most Warband leagues work and how this one will work as well.

Now, if you want to stand a chance against the other teams (besides actually having a decent roster that won't desert you), you have to organize training matches with other clans, usually around 2-3 per week in addition with the official match.

Dasvi2018 said:
Charles the Great said:
Lemme get this straight. My team will have one match a week, for seven weeks?

Not an admin, but yes you have to play one official match every week. That is how most Warband leagues work and how this one will work as well.

Now, if you want to stand a chance against the other teams (besides actually having a decent roster that won't desert you), you have to organize training matches with other clans, usually around 2-3 per week in addition with the official match.

this is only if u tryhard u dont have to be tryhard, can just have fun as long as u dont quit part way like all the nw and pw clans that try to join native tounies  :mrgreen: i know that is a different theory for this community

Charles the Great said:
When does the tourney start?

October 25th

AlphA-FR said:
Little question Sir : Where did you found the rewards?

I don't understand what you mean? Are you asking where we got the money from?

I contacted people in our community and this was the total amount of donations we got.

Team Banner:
vf6It0x.png
Team Name: Rynwulf
Region (EU/NA): NA
Captain Name: Maccle
Captain Taleworlds and Steam Contact:http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042456537
CO-Captain Name: ACanadianPolarBear
CO-Captain Taleworlds and Steam Contact: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041376854/
Roster:
Maccle 1359140
ACanadianPolarBear ID
LongHorn ID
Bard ID
Fatsoo 1175656
Sitvek ID
Schoi ID
Nikkle ID
sealteal ID
Creed ID
Albus ID