Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ Thread - Ask quick questions here!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Frequently Asked Questions

This thread is a place to ask quick questions, that don't necessarily warrant the creation of new topics. You can also find answers to those questions that crop-up most commonly, in the first post here!

Remember, you can always use the search function (top right of the page) to see if your question has already been answered. Thanks a lot and happy Mount & Blading!

Board

What should I use this board for?
Since the game is almost exactly the same as the PC version, most discussion around the game itself can take place in The Guildhall and its sub-boards. Anything that pertains specifically to the PlayStation®4 and Xbox One versions, including controls, differences from the PC version, online servers and technical issues, can be posted here. If in doubt, don't worry! You can always ask here to check, and in any case, we hope you end up finding what you need.

Technical

Why are some of the buttons cut off at the bottom of the screen?
This is because your TV is doing something called "overscan". Most TV's have an option to disable this, or change the setting, which should fix the problem. In any case, we are working on a patch to provide a more general solution (as of 29th September 2016). There is currently no ETA on the patch, however you shouldn't expect to wait too long!

Controls

What is "Enable Controlled Attacking"?
This reduces the sensitivity of the camera, while the attack trigger is half pressed. It works gradually, so the closer the trigger is to being exactly half-pressed, the lower the sensitivity will be; wile fully pressed or completely released, the camera is at full sensitivity.

Is there an option to disable the camera controls on L3 and R3, to avoid accidental presses?
As of 29th September 2016, this is confirmed to be included in the next patch. There is currently no ETA on the patch but it shouldn't be too far off!

Gameplay

Will there be an option added to "Save As"?
As of 3rd November, Save As and an option to disable auto-save will be included in the next patch (expected in November).

How do you use voice commands?
First say the group name of the troops you want to give orders to (Everyone, Infantry, Archers, Cavalry etc.) After that, a menu will appear and you can say the order you want to give, as it's written on the list.

Which languages are currently supported?
English
French
German
Spanish
Turkish

Just starting off a quick FAQ here. There are some questions I've probably missed but I'll be adding to this as questions build up... the most important thing is that this is now a place to ask quick questions, without having to make a whole new thread!

Captain Lust said:
Frequently Asked Questions

How do you use voice commands?
First say the group name of the troops you want to give orders to (Everyone, Infantry, Archers, Cavalry etc.) After that, a menu will appear and you can say the order you want to give, as it's written on the list.

Which languages are currently supported?
English
French
German
Spanish
Turkish

Are you sure that the voice command are active to all these languages? Since the initial release of the game, when I get to the main menu, I'm informed that my language is not supported (French).

I just tested the English version and it works well. Also I tried all the other languages and they are all not supported.

Ludawg Barzini said:
When are 64 player servers coming back to Console ?
Probably some time in early/mid October. So not too long. Sorry for the wait!

Wheelieweaver said:
Are the console commands coming soon?
It's unlikely that we'll be enabling that feature on consoles.

ticoune said:
Are you sure that the voice command are active to all these languages? Since the initial release of the game, when I get to the main menu, I'm informed that my language is not supported (French).

I just tested the English version and it works well. Also I tried all the other languages and they are all not supported.
That may well be the case. I'll check and confirm it soon, though.

Albert1219 said:
Are we gonna have hosted/ private servers?
There is some difficulty with this, because the freedom offered by private servers can pose a risk with the stricter requirements present on consoles. Is there a specific reason you want private servers?

TXylon said:
Are you guys going to put cheats in the console?
For some of them, there is an issue of controller space. For instance, killing in battles etc. Others might be possible but we'd have to look at how this affects achievements, and find a solution that doesn't negatively impact players who want the regular experience without cheats.

Ludawg Barzini said:
Mid October =(  Why so long ?  And We want private servers for private games Clan Matches etc most games on Console have private servers is this an issue with M&B ?
Sorry, this is out of our hands. I'm sure the wait will go by in no time. :smile:

As for clan matches etc. it would be nice to provide something. Perhaps we can think of a good solution. Can you provide some examples of other games that have offered this?

MithrellaS said:
Will the DLC Napoleonic Wars be playable in the future on the Consoles?
It's something we're considering, however nothing is announced at this time. That's all I can say right now, unfortunately.

jacobstcy19 said:
Just wanted to double check is there going to be mod support/ cheat menu/dlc in the future for consoles
Answered above except for mod support. Mod support is relatively unlikely.

Captain Lust said:
Ludawg Barzini said:
Mid October =(  Why so long ?  And We want private servers for private games Clan Matches etc most games on Console have private servers is this an issue with M&B ?
Sorry, this is out of our hands. I'm sure the wait will go by in no time. :smile:

As for clan matches etc. it would be nice to provide something. Perhaps we can think of a good solution. Can you provide some examples of other games that have offered this?

Not a game but a mod for Warband did this kind of system.If you were to attack an enemy it would book the server for at least 1 hour for you and it would only let the registered people spawn in the server on specific teams. (cRPG)
What you can do have let's say 10 Servers for only this purpose . And let people book the servers from Whatever system Playstation has or let people register their playstation ID to forum and have a booking system on your website and a clan system. So whenever people were to book the servers and register other people to their team only those people are able to spawn. Others can spectate or get kicked. When the time expires server restarts to be duel or battle again so when its not booked people can play on the servers.

Not being a console user could make me to miss something here, but I don't see a technical reason why consoles could not have private servers the same way as PC has. Just make modified versions of dedicated servers.

Disclaimer: I am simply a volunteer moderator and have no relation to Taleworlds other than moderating their forums, so these are just my opinions.

Sure Grand theft Auto 5 allows for private servers so does Doom Chivalry Overwatch and Battlefield aswell as a wealth of other games. Private servers would allow for the arrangement of Clan matches just like in the Original PC Version.

Alene said:
Not being a console user could make me to miss something here, but I don't see a technical reason why consoles could not have private servers the same way as PC has. Just make modified versions of dedicated servers.

Disclaimer: I am simply a volunteer moderator and have no relation to Taleworlds other than moderating their forums, so these are just my opinions.
The problem is that console users and console makers have a different set of expectations about what they're getting from a game, compared to PC. To just hand over files wholesale would allow the creation of modded servers that may or may not function properly, leaving users frustrated etc.

We'd need to create a system to either prevent that or separate it in such a way that regular players could get a reliable experience easily, should they want one. Beyond that, even if we were to dedicate the time and man-hours to put something like that in place, it could have a negative effect overall, such as splitting the player base, which is already relatively small on consoles.

Whatever we do it's a relatively large investment for us. Making any change or patch needs to be approved by the console manufacturer, which takes time and typically involves several tries before something gets approved.

Basically, however we decide to approach an issue like creating an environment for users to play clan matches, it requires a decision from us that weighs that investment vs. the value to the playerbase as a whole. It might be that we have about 5 players interested in this, who have all posted on the forums. In which case our developer time would probably be better spent elsewhere. It might be that there are great deal of players interested, in which case it could be worth our investment but it's also important to understand the exact needs and then try to find the best option.

Speaking personally, I'd like us to provide a good solution for this but I can't make any promises right now.

I have a Clan community Page of 40 players i am also part of a Warband Clan Hub that has 150 + players on PS4 i can assure you a lot more than 5 people want private server and 64 player siege and Battle Server capability but i do also understand your point of view on this. it is great that you interact on this level with your community and fans it really is awesome that you take our ideas criticisms and praises into account keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom