[WMT2] Team Power Rankings & Discussions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hopefully this has the blessing of the admin team, if not, feel free to remove

Use this thread to rank each clan/team by which place you believe they will have in the tournament. You may add new power rankings to your post when you like. Here we combine both rankings and discussions about those rankings. So discussing your rankings is encouraged, but is not mandatory.

In your reply, use the code below.

Code:
[b]Rank[/b]:
[b]Team[/b]:
[b][SIZE=7px]REASONING[/SIZE][/b]:

Credits: Rhade for idea, stole this post from John :ohdear:

Team: Apis Europae
REASONING: They're the champions of Warband without a doubt, but I'm still curious to see some of the inactive/old names coming back; Anders & Wierdo!

Team: King Biggie's Big Boys
REASONING: They got a sick roster, but they lack teamplay. Due to their past match results against AE, I think they'll en up behind them.

Team: Irish Rebels
REASONING: Nice looking roster, they've been playing together for a while, so their teamplay is up there, same for their skill level.

Team: Ferocious Trident Wielders
REASONING: They got players performing really good recently, and also with new additions of Khefren, Tomayus and Tirtil I think FTW will end up high in the rankings.

Team: Castellans
REASONING: Nice looking roster, nearly the exact same as the "old" Castellans before they went inactive. Excited to see them play.

Team: Aequalitas
REASONING: Original winners of the ECL2 (before they got removed from the tournament), with some new faces added to the roster. Good teamplay and decent roster (Motthe sucks).

Team: The Defenders of Wonwokie
REASONING: After loosing 3 of their main players, and losing Arni as merc, I think that they'll struggle and need to rebuild the teamplay in the team. With new players coming in like Fietta, Kiano and Bash it will be a hard time for Wonwokie.

Team: Fearless
REASONING: Winners of the ECL2, solid looking team. They got new faces like Kane, Noxx and Maximou joining in, so I'm excited to see how the teamplay will be.

Team: AE
REASONING: Sick roster and teamplay, been playing together for many years and so naturally have amazing Chemistry. Skill and Chemistry combined just the best team.

Team: BigBoYS
REASONING: Sick roster but lacking in teamplay, Chemistry isn't quite there yet since they've been playing together for only a week. With improving Chemistry and their current roster I see them taking the second spot.

Team: IR
REASONING: Good looking roster and good teamplay, also good Chemistry since also they have been playing together sometimes, maybe lacking in cav, but still have quite some decent cav players that can pull off good plays like big dik vik and Fred.

Team: Wonwokie
REASONING: Although their loss of some main players they have kept their amazing archers and subzer0 as cav, with some new aditions to their roster like Fietta and Kiano I see them taking up quite a high spot this WMT. Their teamplay and Chemistry is already good since kiano and fietta have merced for them sometimes.

Team: FTW
REASONING: Very scary looking infantry and archers, even their cav are not to be messed with. With amazing Chemistry (some of the best this WMT) and really solid teamplay they will be able to get top 5 without a doubt.

REASONING: With a good roster and Chemistry they will be able to perform better than the teams below here, their strenght lie in their archers with OGL and Yona and even pepper making some great shots past tournaments.

REASONING: This is a shared position with the number 6, Fearless have improved individually, but also as a team, with amazing Chemistry and new additions such as: Kane, Pusiak, and 2 mystery players, they will be able to perform quite will this WMT.

Team: **
REASONING: Solid looking roster and good Chemistry as they have played together for many years in different teams, with some good inf players like Motthe, and some strong archers like Rainbow they will get top 8 without a doubt.

Team: Tq
REASONING: With a good looking roster and a good Chemistry/teamplay, Tq will in my opinion just fall short of top 8, but upsets have been a thing before, so I won't be suprised to see Tq finish top 8 at all.

Team: PE
REASONING: With years of experience and amazing Chemistry they won't upset anyone with their results this tournament, PE having some players that might carry them like Prince, Warhammer, Woj will without a doubt be very nice to watch.

Team: Defenders Of Faith
REASONING: With years of experience and amazing Chemistry they won't upset anyone with their results this tournament, having varangian as cav in their team might be a big plus, but I think their teamplay will win them matches.

Team: Ortalionowi Rycesze
REASONING: With some quality players on their roster like Max and Prusak I see them putting up  a decent fight above some above teams, just not enough. I'm sure they will be fun to watch and a team to look out for.

Team: CCC
REASONING: Having good teamplay and some good players, they won't upset anybody, with some suprising results previous tourny I wouldn't be shocked if they'd beat some above teams.

Team: Kattegat
REASONING: I don't know  much about this team, but looking at their roster I decided to place them here.

Team: LN
REASONING: Knowing many of their players from experience, I don't think  they will finish top 10. But they can definately shift between place 11-19 either being good or bad.

Team: Defenders Of Force
REASONING: The NA side of DoF, decent in skill and good with Chemistry, just don't see them beating most above teams with their ping.

Team: EN
REASONING: New to native with lots of PW players, I see them (just like LN) shifting positions from 11-19, but they will have to train hard, as I'm sure they will.

Team: Kingdom of Machi
REASONING: Dont know anything about them, lets hope for a good suprise.

Team: NabClub
REASONING: Having heard some of their plans of playing 8 archers, and knowing their history as a siege clan, I don't see them beating any battle based teams.

I'll list Top 7 as I cba to list all 19.

Team: AE
REASONING: Been dominating the scene for years, no one is stupid enough to pick this team to fight, they only pick you. Team play and team spirit is extremely high, unstoppable.

Team: IR
REASONING: Looking at the roster and how they've played In the past, they have an extremely high chance. With the addition of Brian and Thorr, they're a team to look out for.

REASONING: Zach's Leading and team spirit goes a long way in Wonwokie, having almost always coming 4th in many WNL's and ECS's I believe it's time they atleast come third, they've lost twice to Unity 9 - 8 for third place. Their roster has indeed changed, with Gibby, Ciiges and Relaxan missing it does make a difference, however, currently with our play, it's not very large. Hagrid has also returned, it's going to be exciting!.

Team: Castellan
REASONING: OGL with his leading skills, being leader of the UK NC team, he's got a large amount of experience. Players such as Sebe & Yona have come far and strong and will easily be able to dominate middle-tier teams and be close to clans such as IR.

Team: FTW
REASONING: With the additions added to their roster and having a few old players play for them, they are stronger than ever. Their roster keeps getting improved all the time.

Team: BigBoys
REASONING: After getting defeated hard by top clans such as AE and Wonwokie, even with their stronge roster, their lack of team spirit and greed causes them to fail. Teamwork and lack of chemistry. The majority of these team members are there to top leader boards to look good. They've only been given rank 6 as they're only using individual skill, no teamwork. With top players such as Bruce leaving and being swapped for Vernon makes a huge impact on the team. Vernon can perform but not as good as Bruce. With Relaks and Relaxan as the two main cav, they're going to be a strong duo for the closed maps.

Team: **
REASONING: ** are a 'german' only clan, they've got some sick players such as Rainbow and Motthe who could outperform a lot of top players. Their teamwork and enthusiasm would make them succeed.

I'll just post on who I think will make it to the final 8 as 19 is a bit too long. I hope the thread doesn't turn into an arguement, these are just opinions and not insults after all.

REASONING: Having come second more times than they would like, I think IR can do it this time. Strengthening their roster with the likes of Brian, Thorr, and Oliveran, their inf is certainly capable of taking on any other team. Confidence should be high and I think the team will work well together.

REASONING: Undoubtedly the greatest team in Warband history. Always the favorites in any tournament, they boast a skilled and well rounded roster. It's a toss up between them and IR for first place imo and competition between them should be closer than ever.

REASONING: While Wonwokie recently lost members, they still have rd and matafiks who are perhaps their most vital players. With additions like Fietta, Puff, and Bash the roster still looks strong and I think Wonwokie should do quite well in the WMT.

REASONING: An experienced team with an experienced leader. Castellans could potentially beat any team in the tournament. A strong roster with their archer squad being strengthened with the addition of sotamursu, anything could happen with this team.

REASONING: A newly formed team with an extremely strong roster. They have a lot of potential but are hindered by the lack of teamwork at the moment. Depending on how quickly that is improved a top 3 position could also be possible.

Team: Ferocious Trident Wielders
REASONING: A dark horse for this tournament, FTW have produced big upsets in the past. Generally consistent and with a strong roster, FTW needs to just reach that next level to contend for a good finish.

Team: Aequalitas
REASONING: Boasting another strong roster, ** should quite comfortably qualify to the knock out stage. Once there they will have to play at their best to compete with the remaining teams. They certainly have the caliber of players and good get some big wins on a good day.

REASONING: The last qualification spot could possibly be a tussle between Fearless and Tq, I've gone with Fearless..Having won the ECL, Fearless have shown that their strong roster can work well together to get good results. I'd imagine they will come into the tournament with their confidence running high and hope to see them live up to their potential. The last qualification spot could possibly be a tussle between Fearless and Tq, I've gone with Fearless.

Damn, we''re never reading about the 'Defender's of Force' if most are just doing top 8 teams.  :fruity: :fruity: :fruity:

UNLESS... I make a average NA list with them in top 8!

:ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear: :facepalm: :oops:

post-8766-YEAH-SCIENCE-Breaking-Bad-gif-og7N.gif

I don't know much about most teams so I'll only list a few

REASONING: This team had strong elements already and plugged the gaps with some great new recruits. Not sure who else they've got but adding Brian, Thorr and Oliveran will make any team more solid. Lots of experience and active players, this team is probably at the top right now.

REASONING: The strongest roster of active warband players. This team is 2016's version of 2012's Apis Europae - a great core from previous strong teams along with the best active free agents around.

REASONING: Ancient gods of the deep places, chilling whispers on the wind have brought the pantheon back from long absence. Not all have answered the call, some lost to the aeons of their departure. Those who return grip their blades with trembling and age-wearied hands but steely resolve forms in their hearts to once again fight with the strength and dignity befitting their status and history.

Team: The Defenders of Wonwokie
REASONING: They've lost some key players but their main strength is still there. If the new recruits can fill the gaps well enough they won't be much less effective than they have been previously.

REASONING: Some good new recruits and experienced players and leadership, could do very well and cause some upsets along the way.

Back
Top Bottom