Swedish Servers For Matches

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm wondering why this has not been proposed recently for EU and RU matches. It seems like a much better compromise than DE, potentially everyone could have 30 - 45 ping unless of course the player is far out in Siberia  :mrgreen:

For matches involving large numbers of TR players I agree that DE is better though, as it's unfair to hamper their ping even further, but of course as the teams book the servers it would make sense not to book one of these as a TR team.

I'm also aware that the current servers are provided by sponsors, I simply think that some meaningful discussion on this server location would be beneficial.

There's no suggestions thread so I posted here

Problem is that SR don't have Germany as their server location, so getting DE servers might be tricky.
We should be getting couple of more France/Holland located servers up soon.

I will leave this topic open, but for future suggestions you should be using this one here :p

I honestly think that changing server locations to somewhere more balanced would be beneficial for the whole community. I get 12 ping on FRA servers and 25 on DE servers and I don't mind getting 30 - 40 on Polish or Swedish servers if that means more people can also play within that range.

It's not specifically for Russian teams, it's for the individuals within teams from there. French and UK players are playing with 20 - 30 ping on DE servers while Russians have 50 or so, why not balance it at 30 - 40 for everyone with a Polish or Swedish server. I ran a few ping tests for a Swedish server and while I got 34 ping Arni got 26 ping, I think that's more fair than me having 15 and him having 50.

Who cares about Swedish servers? When we got Turkish people and even NA entering the WMT now.. This is just going to make it worse all round.

Germany is the best center for all in Europe.

Who wants to play on Polish/Swedish servers? When you can play on DE which we have done for a while.. DE is a like the most neutral part for all European nations.. I'd rather not get higher ping for French, Spanish, German, English and Dutch players etc... Just so like 3 Russians can get 10 ping lower..

Back
Top Bottom