Defenders of Wonwokie

Users who are viewing this thread

7 years ago a team was formed. A team who maybe didnt always reach the end, a team who was kinda on the edge of being consistent and good, but never really got there. A team that I had the luck to be a part of, the Defenders of Wonwokie. Throughout these years Wonwokie has been on the high and low, a bit of a tweener team. But one part that I felt that we always excelled at was having a blast. I've spent most of my 7 years playing for this one team. And I've never had felt another kind of cohesion, players has come and gone, but the core has mostly stayed intact. From being a little kid of 12 years old, I can now look back 8 years later and realize that I'll never feel the same again. I never felt the same kind of cohesion during my military service. So during a time where I got to learn that teamwork is number one and cohesion is what wins the war never topped the kind of cohesion I felt playing with some random dudes online feels... Amazing. The things I've been a part of during these years with this one team is in short magical.

From winning 7 rounds and losing 182 in their first tournament to placing 3rd the year after and later even giving some really good top teams a run for their money has been great and even getting ranked 15 all-time. Being a part of that development has been a really wholesome time in my life.

Sometimes we have haven't really been on the same page, but just like a book we turned to the next page and continued on. But unfortunately every good story has its end and its abit over due, but its time for this story to end. A new story might start in the future. But we all know nothing is ever as good as the original.

I have made some great friends during these years, people who literally has watched me grow up, and to you I want to give huge thanks. And to everyone who I might not still speak to but has been a part of Wonwokie I also want to thank, you've helped us continue throughout all these years. I could name a few who had a huge impact on Wonwokies competetive play but none mentioned none forgotten, but you guys probably knows who you are.

BOuYA, Moslibi, Farkwad, DragZ, Flixxo. You guys has been special for me during my time in Wonwokie. Thank you! But there is one guy who has always been there. Always. And for that I want to give you my biggest thank you.
Thank you Zach, AnacondaX, CommanderSPQR. "Kärt barn har många namn" as we say in Sweden. You have been the foundation of all of this, you will forever be a part of my memory and you'll always be my friend.

Here is some video history of us. Old matches and loads of fun. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Wonwokie

Sorry to revive such an old post but felt it was better here than to waste it on a completely new one.

-Cheers!
Horace.

Back
Top Bottom