Submod: Wook's Warband 2016 (Modern Graphics Overhaul)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

This is a project I've been working on for a long time. This pack changes the textures of Warband, nothing PoP related, except the banners. However, it is designed to be used with PoP. The outdoor environment and all the interior design have been upgraded, as well as mundane things like clothing, walls, all the ground textures, flora, weapons, effects, and so on, down to the gritty details. I made a new world map with more realistic colors and contrast, a banner pack that's a bit different, and a lot of sky variety. I was tired of how dated the base game looked and decided to fix everything I could to modernize it. The Warband engine definitely has its limits though. Overall I wanted everything to look like it fit together in a cohesive theme, with rich and vibrant colors, while maintaining realism. Read the read-me in the folders and copy/paste the files. If you need help feel free to ask. It shouldn't affect performance very much on decent computers. However, if you are able to, it is much better to uncheck "load textures on demand" in the warband options. This is a very large texture pack and it will run more smoothly this way.

Make sure you back up your folders, in case of error. For those that are just upgrading the pack, just add the texture folders, everything else remains the same.
I will update the pack roughly once a week.

Updated: 10/13/16
- Simplified the install process
- All known issues resolved
- More textures added (blood, fire, doors, wood, stone, walls, basic clothing, weapons, horses, etc.)
- Removed some nasty/pixelated textures from vanilla
- Continually adding more variety for all textures possible, and more accurately depending on conditions

Download (470 mb) : https://mega.nz/#!slVjxATQ!QcjdP-NBNzX9Brk9AXKcMDfnKiLm_5qZ5dFFnlAH9-U

Full library of screenshots: http://wook80.imgur.com/

Sample screens:
ekO6YBr.png
uAqzs8P.png
ooBqp5x.png
0hcBmE9.png
nZDuJYu.png
ca4aJdz.png
j6QpgHI.png
GhU6yqv.png
1mujARE.png
W2O2JBS.png
ldFsOPX.png
5aBbR12.png
TQMPb4V.png
VsAb2fv.png
LNVHMI3.png
UFgja5Q.png

Maybe a few FPS. However it will increase loading times. I would highly recommend disabling 'load textures on demand.' The initial wait to load the mod will be longer, but you will save much more time overall and with much less lag.

Downloading. Thank you dude, you just made me play pop again therefore ruining my life  :party:
kidding, i'll try not to play that much  :lol:

Looks great but it turned my qualis gems into green lettuces, there might be a few kinks to work out.

thermocline said:
I have a bunch of strange white bushes in my game. On the overworld map it looks like every tree has a white fence inside it.

Fixed this issue. Hootman's submod is using different trees for the world map, mine is using standard. You can either use my module, or edit these lines in your module.ini :
"load_mod_resource = map_tree_meshes" to "load_resource = map_tree_meshes"

thermocline said:
I have a bunch of strange white bushes in my game. On the overworld map it looks like every tree has a white fence inside it.
I had the same thing happen.  I think I overlaid Wook's changes on HootMan's polished landscapes.  I never really got to the bottom of it before moving on to something else.

Hey, I followed everything to the letter except for the sky boxes, I put the txt in the data and replaced all the textures. However, every skybox is black and the game says it failed to get a skybox mesh. Any fix for this? The read me says to just drop it in, and something about if you want rename them, but I don't know what to rename them.

https://gyazo.com/2b0afc1c1058d2ccb3ef0a2114906b2d
Yep, I did everything you said, no idea why its giving me that. Anyways, I put a gyazo of the textures in my folder incase you see anything wrong with it.
get_object failed for mesh: "skyboxname"
and that's the code I get on the left whenever I go into a new scene.

Also, do I put these in the PoP folder or in the standard one that doesnt have a resource? I assume the PoP one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom