Khergit towns won't give me troops

Users who are viewing this thread

I want to play a real bandit (bandit king mod) horse archer style with a band of other horse archers that plague the country side. In ther words I want to recruit some Khergits to raid towns with.

I've never had this problem before. All I've done so far with this character is bandit hunting. My relationship with the towns is indifferent. Do I really need to by those farmers the wheat they lose again to steppe bandits to get a few recruits or what?

Oh, and I've had 5 Khergit recruits by speaking to a Khergit lord but they didn't last long against the steppe bandits that ambushed us. I need a steady source for Khergits with the abundance of andits lurking i the steppe.

Thanks in advance.

You cannot be at war the faction and the town relations have to be at least a 0. Also you might not have enough room in your party or sometimes towns just don't have recruits to give.

I haven't done anything else but attack bandits so I'm not in war with anybody right now. As I haven't done anything at tonws but pay for food, my relationship with them is always 0. I have room for at least 20 men.

So the only thing that it can be is that the Khergit towns don't have any troops to give. I'm now at day 5, do I have to wait a bit for recruits to become available?

are you talking about the villages? cos as far as i was aware you can only recruit mercenaries from taverns in towns but faction troops are recruited as raw grunts from villages in random quantities, sometimes they don't have any.

Spong said:
are you talking about the villages? cos as far as i was aware you can only recruit mercenaries from taverns in towns but faction troops are recruited as raw grunts from villages in random quantities, sometimes they don't have any.

I'm fully aware of this. It's just that of the 5 or 6 towns I tried, no one gave me any recruits. Something I haven't encountered for the (relevant limited) time I've been playing M&B.

Yes it can happen, I went to every Swadian village once and only two towns gave me troops, another time one town gave me 20.  :shock:  It happend at a nord town as well.

It seems to me that there is a limited supply and you have to wait unitl they "re-stock".

Back
Top Bottom