Help for my kingdom!

Users who are viewing this thread

Hocram

Recruit
Hi, i never posted anything in this forum so this is my first time, Hi to all ^^
I played a lot with PoP but i realized i never did anything important, always a vassal (sorry for my bad english) so i decided to finally do something!
i started well, i'm at 62 days i have a nice companion, good armor and weapon and i'm trying my best to create a nice army to start my kingdom,
I have a good relation with the noldor, Fiersdvain and D'shar, neutral with Ravenster and hated by Sarleon and mostly by the Baccus Empire (i destroyed a lot of their army and befriended some of their lord).
I have access to the Noldor Armoury and i want to start my conquest with the two castle near Laria and after Laria itself, i'm not sure what to do e when to start my conquest or how to build a good army (for now i have a lot of random troops of every type), i wanted to make my Kingdoom troops Pendorian becouse i like them but i know they aren't powerful and they are quantity over quality this is why i'm not sure if i want that type of troops for my Kingdom.
Any suggestion or advice for a noob like me?

Hocram said:
Any suggestion or advice for a noob like me?
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,255110.msg7954757.html#msg7954757
Exactly your case. Or you may "go for it!", it's up to you, just don't be surprised.

62 days is quite early to start building a kingdom if you're a noob.  I'd recommend becoming a vassal of the Baccus Empire if Sarleon still owns Laria, if not then join Sarleon (you can reset your major faction relations by becoming a mercenary to a faction that can tolerate you and then serve them for a month).    Do whatever you can to get Laria awarded to you, then rebel when you feel prepared to take on the world.  I think Ravenstern troops are the most fearsome major faction troops in the game, but you should feel comfortable using the troops of the faction you were a vassal for, so you could use them too.  Note that Laria starts as the home for the Rangers of the Clarion Call, who can be trained from Sarleon Knights.

Thanks to both, the link was very useful, so i should try to become a vassal for the Empire, take Laria and try to get my freedom, and in the meantime making new friend and marry?

Another possibility is to remain independent and then wait for someone to cripple Laria's garrison (the Noldor Lords will occasionally sack Laria), then you capture it (I hope someone has a decent engineering skill), and become an independent monarch.  From there, If you select to have a companion or spouse as your minister, you can swear fealty to whoever you took Laria from.  If you've saved up some qualis gems, you can hire Noldor troops to help you clear out the garrison.

I will probably do that becouse the Baccus Empire really hate me, what can i do in the meantime? i probably need to make something decent out of my army and find more qualis gems

Hocram said:
I will probably do that becouse the Baccus Empire really hate me, what can i do in the meantime? i probably need to make something decent out of my army and find more qualis gems

Get a boatload of denars and a LOT of relations with virtually every village you will possibly recruit from once you declare your independence, you will need it

I restarted my game following the guide and now i know a lot of thing about developing a character and skills, i'm building slowly a little army and i am a mercenary for Sarleon for now so i can make friends with the local lord and in the meantime building my relations with Noldor and the villages near Laria and Laria itself, i will probably be only a mercenary and i will wait a good oportunity to change side with the Empire to take Laria or simply attack one of the near castle and start from there when Sarleon is in a bad situation

Hocram said:
I restarted my game following the guide

Just try not to follow only - I tried to leave space for player creativity otherwise what fun would it be? It's just for help and warning about most crucial things.

Your plan seems fine though Laria is pretty distant but for first kingdom ever it's ok to rely on extra protection. I think majority of players (myself included) considered Laria as the best starting city for their first time.

Yes i didn't follow everything, just took it as an example becouse i didn't know all the utility for the skill and the stat, i didn't even know you could power up your stat with qualis gem!

sher said:
Hocram said:
I restarted my game following the guide

Just try not to follow only - I tried to leave space for player creativity otherwise what fun would it be? It's just for help and warning about most crucial things.

Your plan seems fine though Laria is pretty distant but for first kingdom ever it's ok to rely on extra protection. I think majority of players (myself included) considered Laria as the best starting city for their first time.

I did too, once. Poinsbruk is pretty good too; you can snag it from Ravenstern if it gets sacked by Jatu or Mystmountains. It'll have a skeleton crew but after you take it you can hold it forever as long as you know what you're doing. It's also a great way to weaken nearby minor faction armies if they try to sack it again, since the Mystmountains and Jatu(much better, but not too dangerous) are poorly equipped for siege battles.

Yep, but with experience you'll notice that it's too long to travel to/from those towns and it'll become very irritating. But first time is first time and all is new and fine.

Hocram said:
I restarted my game following the guide and now i know a lot of thing about developing a character and skills, i'm building slowly a little army and i am a mercenary for Sarleon for now so i can make friends with the local lord and in the meantime building my relations with Noldor and the villages near Laria and Laria itself, i will probably be only a mercenary and i will wait a good oportunity to change side with the Empire to take Laria or simply attack one of the near castle and start from there when Sarleon is in a bad situation
Id definitely recommend staying as a mercenary for as long as possible, it's a stable income that usually brings a profit as long as you are active in campaigns. I don't consider joining a kingdom until I have at least 200,000 denars, or there is an opportunity to take a town.

Hocram said:
which towns are easy to get to?
Cez  :iamamoron:

On a serious note, feel free to use your head a little instead of exclusively relying on the PoP community to think for you.  Towns that you visit frequently are probably easier to get to then the towns that are more isolated.

Got it, i think i will remain on the initial plan of conquering Laria, i'm slowly getting better equipment and better relationship and money as well

Another thing, i will ask later on the proper topic, but is it normal that my archer doesn't follow my order very well?

Or you can select your archers and press the "u" key to break their default formation.  The archer formation is handy if you are concerned about your archers being hit by infantry, as this formation will cause them to flee when hostiles get within close proximity to them.  Unfortunately, they will also try to flee from cavalry, which will cause them to rout unless you have infantry nearby.  You can put archers into this formation by pressing the "j" key.  I also like to put my infantry in shieldwall formation using "k" or square formation using ";" as the default ranks ("j") formation likes to put your shock infantry at the front where they get chewed up by missile troops.  I also break up my cavalry formations with "u" as the wedge formation ("L") kinda sucks.

Thanks! i did know the "j" and the "k" buttons but i didn't know the other! i will try it in the next battle.

Back
Top Bottom