Liege Swords/Uniques could benefit from a buff.

Users who are viewing this thread

I really like most of the weapons you can receive from kings you are at war with as an independent monarch, but I feel like they are lacking a uniqueness to them. I'm saying this because there's a pretty high chance that by the time you are a sovereign king, you already have the best weapons at your disposal (or the next best thing), and there's no real reason to use their weapons other than as a trophy of your conquests. For example, sure; Dragon's Tooth is lacking damage but is a bastard sword and has a very fast swing speed, however it's low damage(when compared to better swords) hurts it's potential. I'm sure this is intended, but I think there should be more top tier weapons other than the rune weapons that I always railroad for, and could boost this mod's already insane replayabilty.

Really? Orator Baccus is probably the best 1h sword in the game, and Heritage Daja has the highest accuracy of any bow IIRC. Banner of Sarleon is by far the longest reach weapon.

Never used Dragon's Tooth--not sure how it compares to a masterwork RBS. Koningur's Waraxe is definitely outclassed by the gemstone two-handers, though.

thermocline said:
Really? Orator Baccus is probably the best 1h sword in the game, and Heritage Daja has the highest accuracy of any bow IIRC. Banner of Sarleon is by far the longest reach weapon.

Never used Dragon's Tooth--not sure how it compares to a masterwork RBS. Koningur's Waraxe is definitely outclassed by the gemstone two-handers, though.
They're all pretty debatable, but if we are talking pure damage output as far as 1h goes, Ruby Rune Sword is the best. Having a high 1h weapon proficiency compensates for its slower speed. I just think they could all use some loving, because I've used rune equipment too much  :lol:

You've done a lot of testing though, how could I go about testing their usefulness? I was thinking using cheatmenu and give them to companions against a certain enemy.

There's nothing "debatable" about Orator Baccus Sword or Sarleon Banner - best weapons in their classes and banner is simply OP. Bow is one of the best you can ever get.

sher said:
There's nothing "debatable" about Orator Baccus Sword or Sarleon Banner - best weapons in their classes and banner is simply OP. Bow is one of the best you can ever get.
I'd nominate Havathang though I don't think anyone wants to defeat Ithilrandir for it. :???:

beanywalrus said:
sher said:
I'd nominate Havathang though I don't think anyone wants to defeat Ithilrandir for it. :???:

As 1h it totally losses to Orator Baccus Sword, as bastard weapon Tempered RBS is unlocked early with 1 Qualis gem and is better due to higher reach, even if few points less on raw damage. Noldor lords are source of Qualis gems and losing them for easily replaceable weapons doesn't look like a great choice.

There are several weapons that can beat Orator Baccus Sword raw damage but it comes with lower reach (very handy for rider) and/or lower speed.

_Not all_ unique weapons are best in their classes for purpose I think and buffing them will result in boredom and neglecting of all other weapons in the game. Who'd want that?

Well, that's kinda what has happened to me so far. I've grown bored of using rune weapons all the time so I was looking for alternatives. They don't need to be better than rune; I don't want that. Rune weapons should be best, however I just feel that uniques could be better. The Banner of Sarleon and the Heritage Bow like you mentioned though are fine. I'm really just talking about the swords and koningur's war-axe. I don't know. It'd be cool to see them be better, because defeating a kingdom isn't a small feat.

It looks like you need not better but OP weapons since Orator Baccus Sword is already on the edge of OP yet you need something more. Konningur's axe is the highest reach axe you can swing from horseback and look like "biggast ork". Yes it's the weakest of them all weapon just for looks and Ravenstern bastard sword is nothing to desire for just because RBS is already very good bastard sword.

You don't need rune or unique weapons at all to fight effectively or to have fun - try something else instead of longing for OP stuff.

I'm pretty sure our definition of OP is very different. OP is the Ruby Rune 2H sword. And like I said, I've grown tired of using it since I'm basically a demigod with it.

I don't think I'd be having fun fighting elites with a leaf sword. My personal favorites are Ebony though they are quite rare.

ebony is the best early game sword and later it's a tie between noldor runesword and ebony noble/knight (depending on modifiers) until you own Marius and take his favorite toy.

for lance I personally like light lance the best because it's the fastest and does insane damage, you should never be taking lance charge faceoffs anyway

thermocline said:
Do you stab with the light lance or couch with it?

I have no idea how to fight with lances properly. I wish I could watch a tutorial or something.

It's not a video (I don't like to make and upload them) but section 11.1
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,255110.msg7954797.html#msg7954797

thermocline said:
Do you stab with the light lance or couch with it?

I have no idea how to fight with lances properly. I wish I could watch a tutorial or something.
I've never played as a dedicated lancer but by god is it exciting charging headfirst into another charging cavalry force. The longer lance usually wins.

I tried using morghs awhile back but for some reason that I can't remember it didn't work.

I usually use couching on AI because they tend to block thrusts unless they are looking away. I like what that guide above is saying but the AI absolutely has no idea how to deal with rotating couch. You couch on right side and speed up towards the right of the target then rotate left to sort of graze him on the head or torso and that guy is 100% dead without a shield raised, which he won't have if he is chasing you.

Note that this only works on targets on foot, using lance against cavalry is generally not a good idea if you are not using it to dehorse them. Also don't use a lance vs people on netherchargers

If you've played cavalry in multiplayer, there's nothing too hard at dealing with enemy cavalry even with an inferior lance. It's the angle of entry that counts in most cases, not reach.

If you want to buff Liege weapons though, I think you can just use a Morgh's Editor Tools to do it for yourself.

Back
Top Bottom