[VC] Fix Troop Offset?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sumtingwong

Recruit
I know there has to be a way to change the troop offset numbers. I just can't figure out where they are at, and by offset I mean the distance that each individual group i;e Infantry, Archers etc are spaced. There is a way to change it as it was done to put them the way they are now.

before you try modding this (see Q&A modding for info) you should try:

1) use F1-Fx commands. You can order divisions to spread in or out
2) use Fx command and save your custom formation, so it will be used on next battles

this is done in the game while you are in a battle (open field)

kalarhan said:
before you try modding this (see Q&A modding for info) you should try:

1) use F1-Fx commands. You can order divisions to spread in or out
2) use Fx command and save your custom formation, so it will be used on next battles

this is done in the game while you are in a battle (open field)
I've already done that and it doesn't behave as i'd like. I've already messed with files in this game that isn't an issue. I just want to know where the offset function is as stated, nothing more, nothing less.  :party: Since it's pretty obvious that you guys are refusing to really listen to the players and do what you want with the mod (no surprise there) I doubt you'll freely tell me what i'm looking for anyway. No surprise since AAA companies are and have been doing the same thing for years.

Sumtingwong said:
I've already done that and it doesn't behave as i'd like. I've already messed with files in this game that isn't an issue. I just want to know where the offset function is as stated, nothing more, nothing less.  :party: Since it's pretty obvious that you guys are refusing to really listen to the players and do what you want with the mod (no surprise there) I doubt you'll freely tell me what i'm looking for anyway. No surprise since AAA companies are and have been doing the same thing for years.

:facepalm:

First I am not a dev for the game. See my name? Not in red. I replied with a quick fix that could work, based on no extra information from you, so how can you jump from THAT to "you guys suck" is beyond me

Second the code is available for download, you can study and change pretty much anything you like. I (member of the community) even created a thread to help modders learn how to start, you can visit the Q&A (sticky thread)

If you want edit the .txt file that is quite hard to do. You need to spend a few hours (2 to 30, depends on your modding skill) with the .py files first, to check the specifics.

About this particular feature: start from module_mission_templates.py, check the battle_triggers, find the ones related to formations (the names should indicated this) and then read the code on module_scripts.py. Formations uses a lot of math and geometry to maintain the positions, so you will need to have some basic math skills to adapt it

Have fun modding

kalarhan said:
Sumtingwong said:

:facepalm:

First I am not a dev for the game. See my name? Not in red. I replied with a quick fix that could work, based on no extra information from you, so how can you jump from THAT to "you guys suck" is beyond me

Second the code is available for download, you can study and change pretty much anything you like. I (member of the community) even created a thread to help modders learn how to start, you can visit the Q&A (sticky thread)

If you want edit the .txt file that is quite hard to do. You need to spend a few hours (2 to 30, depends on your modding skill) with the .py files first, to check the specifics.

About this particular feature: start from module_mission_templates.py, check the battle_triggers, find the ones related to formations (the names should indicated this) and then read the code on module_scripts.py. Formations uses a lot of math and geometry to maintain the positions, so you will need to have some basic math skills to adapt it

Have fun modding
ANNND it's done. Thank you, kalar you are a good person I am sorry for implying that you suck. But literally the team behind this mod are never helpful and always use some passive aggressive bull****. You are LITERALLY the only person i've seen even remotely try to help people. Now i'm going to mod in throwing axes. <3

Back
Top Bottom