I have a new mod, guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

paladinjedi

For those of you who like Bandit King atmosphere, different than Native:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,35286.0.html

From my point of view, it's a bit too much to advert for your mod on a different mod board.

If you mod acess a release state, you should ask for having your own board, and for the moment, you have your own thread.

I think he was just telling us because it is similar to bandit king. I mean, it's not as if he told us he made a mod about WW2 or something...

BTW: I think you should release it!

Pistol Pete said:
I think he was just telling us because it is similar to bandit king. I mean, it's not as if he told us he made a mod about WW2 or something...

you say he but could be a she

caravan_master said:
Pistol Pete said:

Ah, right you are.

*Looks suspiciously at everyone around me*

caravan_master said:
Pistol Pete said:

sif' there's females on the internet

dPB said:
caravan_master said:
Pistol Pete said:

What's wrong, boys, you don't think a woman can hold a blade or be a much better queen than a man??

There may the a majority of housewives and children-factories lengthways history but only for those who accept this (like any other "steady" fact) and do not rebel. Freedom means much more than life and love put together!...

paladinjedi said:
dPB said:
caravan_master said:
Pistol Pete said:

What's wrong, boys, you don't think a woman can hold a blade or be a much better queen than a man??

There may the a majority of housewives and children-factories lengthways history but only for those who accept this (like any other "steady" fact) and do not rebel. Freedom means much more than life and love put together!...

I dont doubt that a woman would be a much better queen than a man. You dont get too many male queens.

Also: 'Everyone on the internet is male until proven otherwise.' Common knowledge, people.

Taimat396 said:
I dont doubt that a woman would be a much better queen than a man. You dont get too many male queens.

Sorry to go off topic but.....

I know loads of male queens, and they are so proud of being so as well :wink:

Oh, really? And how can you prove it, you self-important sexists?

Pardon my english, which is not my native language, but the meaning of my message must have eluded you. (Wouldn't be a first time, would it?).

"...presumed to be a HE...". This seems to be a men's world, right. That is why we had so many wars and conflicts only for the main sake of glory and ambition so far and the world is still not better. It must be a history paradox, something that your tight life view couldn't (again) comprehend, perhaps?

Male queens? Of course you know loads of them and that is because real queens (not stupid, buyable prudes) choose real kings (noble in the real sense = kind, wise, sensitive and humane) not pompous bloodthirsty clowns-butchers. Closed topic.

paladinjedi said:
Male queens? Of course you know loads of them and that is because real queens (not stupid, buyable prudes) choose real kings (noble in the real sense = kind, wise, sensitive and humane) not pompous bloodthirsty clowns-butchers. Closed topic.

My point was missed, I was being sarcastic in my response, hence the use of "Sorry to go off topic but...".  My reference to male queens was in respect of some of my gay friends who (some not all) refer to themselves or others as a 'queen'.

Charidemus said:
Gilrain said:
Taimat396 said:

List them...

Mentioned above, sarcasm doesn't always work when written :shock:

Gilrain said:
paladinjedi said:

My point was missed, I was being sarcastic in my response, hence the use of "Sorry to go off topic but...".  My reference to male queens was in respect of some of my gay friends who (some not all) refer to themselves or others as a 'queen'.

Charidemus said:
Gilrain said:
Taimat396 said:

List them...

Mentioned above, sarcasm doesn't always work when written :shock:

Oh, I get it, you were sarcastic and at the same time respectful. Interesting also if you compare other... oxymoronic things.

But I am not interested in people's sexual orientations, I was merely discussing, in light of the game's universe, historical facts and prejudices which, unfortunately, affect both genres. Here, the fact that women were dominated by men all along can not be denied.

Even in Mount&Blade we find only lords and kings! Men! The only somehow leaders women are either renegaded ones or husband-shadows gossipers... How typical!

And about myself, as I say: I am an angel. A rebel one but for good reasons which stand against Creation's uncountable inequities...  I value freedom more than anything and I'd like to see justice for all... If not here on Earth then I'll create my own galaxy elsewhere...

paladinjedi said:
Even in Mount&Blade we find only lords and kings! Men! The only somehow leaders women are either renegaded ones or husband-shadows gossipers... How typical!

In the next release of Band of Warriors (Expanded) we have some Ladies in there, leading parties of troops :wink:

This is just off topic. The main point I talked about is that you are adverstising on another modder own thread, and it's not really nice, even if you target a similar gameplay. You should just explain about it in your OWN board, since you have one.

You should ask ashes42 permission, if he already provide it to you, then, nevermind. But since you have your own thread, it's a big to much from my perspective to post on another modder's thread for his/her own mod.

On the same way, since you made another thread more detailled , and with a title, ask your previous thread to be deleted, since it's outdated, it will make it more clear where to check for your mod.

On the off-topic, if you want to add more female units or characters into the game it's possible. You should try to write to the developpers so that they will take that into account. I agree with you on the point that there should have at least 50% of males and 50% and females, even if it was supposed not to have women into regular armies, I doubt it will be a huge bad thing to make it equal.

They will maybe take it into consideration, since most of textures and models are already in place, it wll require more dialogues to be implemented and other things.

Last thing: If you want to make a debate on female characters position in the game, post it on the off-topic board, or the mount&blade discussion board.

quote author=super-panda link=topic=35287.msg954568#msg954568 date=1210803268]
This is just off topic. The main point I talked about is that you are adverstising on another modder own thread, and it's not really nice, even if you target a similar gameplay. You should just explain about it in your OWN board, since you have one.

You should ask ashes42 permission, if he already provide it to you, then, nevermind. But since you have your own thread, it's a big to much from my perspective to post on another modder's thread for his/her own mod.

On the same way, since you made another thread more detailled , and with a title, ask your previous thread to be deleted, since it's outdated, it will make it more clear where to check for your mod.

On the off-topic, if you want to add more female units or characters into the game it's possible. You should try to write to the developpers so that they will take that into account. I agree with you on the point that there should have at least 50% of males and 50% and females, even if it was supposed not to have women into regular armies, I doubt it will be a huge bad thing to make it equal.

They will maybe take it into consideration, since most of textures and models are already in place, it wll require more dialogues to be implemented and other things.

Last thing: If you want to make a debate on female characters position in the game, post it on the off-topic board, or the mount&blade discussion board.
[/quote]

Oh, no, not again! What you guys suddenly team up against someone with a different point of view just because you grew tired of last M&B version?

It may be an off-topic but tell me this: Is real, historical medieval world, names aside, I mean the culture which differentiates it from ancient or modern, so off-topic compared to the atmosphere of Mount&Blade?

I think not. And I tell you that a 3D game, any game in fact is or should be a piece of art just like a sonata or a painting or you name it. And art is a mirror of society, it describes it, portretizes it, criticizes it, often with moralizing purposes! That is why any problem regarding the game's atmosphere (and that includes people relations) is not at all off-topic. But generally games aren't that, right? They are poor examples of an unfair and one-sided history, full of oppressions and inequalities...

Should I write to the main team and tell them such a simple matter? Why? Because common sense just doesn't always work? Or because there is a majority of men gameplayers? Sorry, but I think ideas also cost money, if they want help with developing the game they should clearlly state this and closely cooperate with those interested.

Unlike you, I don't stay all day on a forum, guarding people about "old" or "innovator" topics, about what should be discussed and not, weighing the importance and etc. In my humble opinion that is why administrators are for, right? And, please, do report to them every move one makes! Do not even bother anymore with replying! Or maybe you are so polite that you should... warn the guilty? Eh? Well, thanks, that just so much warms my heart...

Pardon me about not being a forum-rules fanatic. You may as well please delete everything, my account, any topics I've started, everything. My message was sent, anyway. And for a couple of souls at least, Mount&Blade became more than just an ordinary mod/game like most others where you may go and butcher as you like, just because a certain "nobility" justifies it. It is a piece of literature and an ethic posture. It is for the sake of simple people, for the intolerances they've endured all along, endlong all human history, your history which is not changed at least in a game...  In my mod the main hero takes up arms with a very good reason: against that "nobility" so much praised in Native. No barbaric call either like other mods and not at all bandit kinging... It's the concept maturity that sustains me, not the numbers of downloads or... sales...

I'm tired of people who pretend to be civilized imposing their rules (or perhaps hiding their ignorance behind them?) as they like just because they are "noble" creators or their retinue of sycophants. Creation? Everybody creates something! The peasants also create and support the "high" ones. Is their work at least ten percent paid in all countries? I tell you from personal experience: NO! What about a poet who dies of hunger because he, also a creator, doesn't sell his production, his "off-topic" literature is not tasted by the "high" classes who prefer that art which extols and justifies their millenia masqued filthiness? But butchering games producers are???

I will not post ever again on this forum, don't worry. I won't profane anymore such pure, moralising and noble mods or games with my presence or opinions.

Hm, I think you quite misinterpret my post.
I was simply saying than advertising on another modder's board, without their permission, is quite a bit much, but you maybe have ashes permission, so nevermind of that statement in that case.
Anyway, I don't understand perfectly all your post, as english is not my native language, so I will try to answer to what I understand.

And I was only sayiing that you had some threads for the same mod, you should only keep the one with the latest realese and ask the others to be deleted, as they are outdated, or let them fade away.

So, my first interrogation is that if you disliked the game astmophere, why you tried and then bought the game? With the trial version, you were able to see if you were pleased while playing the game, if you dislike it, why did you bought it? Because you would like to create a mod to fit your opinion? You should state it more clearly.

Then, for the problem of female characters equity, it is mostly present on almost all videos games, and most possible medias (movies, television, whatever..), and even if I disagree with this common acceptance, the developpers didn't tried to incorporate as much as female characters than males for the moment, but maybe in later versions, since it's a beta, interesting and possible suggestions can be taken into account and incorporated. But it's not the best stuited thread to talk about it.

And, on your quite stange following staements, you say that you dislike nobility or forced rules, but I will say, if some people want to be extremly active on any forum, isn't that their own buisness? Besides, I'm not a fan of forums, I mostly dislike seeing useless posts, but most of the game mods are hosted here, as forum are easier for modders and suggestions, but that doesn't change my opinion about it.

But anyway, most of the parts of your post make no sense, from what I understand, besides, talking about how you dislike nobility or current politics, society or whatever, is for me off-topic. We are supposed to be in the pionner's guild, for mods, modders, and player suggestions and help, and even if there is much off-topic, it should try to stick to his title.

Why isn't this locked? it is defamatory and off topic.... SPAM! lol anyways no one gets jokes anymore, the world is far from a funny place anymore :sad:

It's not locked yet because until .951 mods comes out this board won't see much activity, and the brewing flames are somewhat entertaining.

Advertising on my board was iffy at best, but I let it slide because I support other modders, paladin was interested in helping Bandit King out, but decided to go her own way.  The general philosophy of Bandit King (at least for me) revolves around a sort of gritty impersonalism, where nice actions are few and far between, and may get you killed.  You are not special, you are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.  Anything you get is probably carved out of another person.  As evidenced by our discussions and her mod, paladinjedi wants something different.  Bandit King may incorperate such things as being a hero of the people and such in the future, but it is not a priority.

Anyways, for now I'll allow it, but at some point this thread will be locked or deleted.

Well, bear in mind that I have given PaladinJedi a lot of encouragement, so they have a connection with this mod.  As a developer, they are in the extended family.

Let's all be calm, and remain friends.  It's about making cool things that people enjoy playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom