Games you wish existed

Users who are viewing this thread

I've seen people *****ing about PGI quite a bit, but I had the luck of getting into the game later. Not that I know whether or not the complaints are legitimate, the game certainly isn't perfect, but there's no doubt that old communities have little positive to say about a multiplayer game after a few years.

There's few things more caustic than old TF2 clans.

Yeah, I mean I think the issue though is that PGI really need a bigger developer team or just the money to test stuff thoroughly.

They don't do themselves favors when they continue releasing half thought out or even broken patches.  :iamamoron:

1.) More modern RTSs other than Total War. And not the simplified, 'easy to play' sort: I mean ones with some good depth and complexity in their mechanics, and a wide selection of units. More specifically, I wouldn't mind seeing how a medieval, historically-based (not medieval fantasy) RTS would look with today's technology behind it. I played some Men of War: Assault Squad 2 earlier today on this one fairly open map, where me and Radetzky (who I was playing with) were attacking across this swamp, with the defending team dug in on the dry ground on the far side. Having been in a medieval mood, I guess, since I saw GoT's Battle of the Bastards a couple weeks ago, it occurred to me what our battle might've been like with a medieval setting, with mounted knights trying to charge across the swamp to attack archers and infantry on the far side. I don't know how well this would work in a Men of War-style game, but it could be something like a modern remake of Age of Empires II, or an entirely new game. I'd just be interested to see it.

2.) More Star Wars games. I wouldn't mind a modern Star Wars RTS, either. Something like a sequel to Empire at War, but with better ground combat. I also wouldn't mind a capital ship combat game, either. Something akin to Naval Action's combat, but with Consulars and Arquitens and Venators. Preferably with at least 20 people per side, so you could have proper melees, with the big ships fighting at close quarters, supported by smaller ships and AI-controlled fighters. I know, probably not going to happen, at least not while EA holds the reigns...

crodio said:
A dinosaur game like spore's animal stage but fun and prehistorically accurate, maybe. It could be ****

Ah yes, historical accuracy in an age we truly know jack **** about.

Personally I want a tank crew simulator. Every crewman is a real person.

Dibs on being the gunner in a King Tiger.

crodio said:
A dinosaur game like spore's animal stage but fun and prehistorically accurate, maybe. It could be ****

Uhm... no longer need to wish.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1379624404/saurian-an-open-world-dinosaur-survival-experience
http://findtheisle.com
http://www.dinosaurbattlegrounds.net#!about-the-game/c1jyp

David Dire said:
crodio said:

Ah yes, historical accuracy in an age we truly know jack **** about.

You mean except the fact there is increasing information all the time, and further advances in scientific research? Can't be 100%, but educated guesses are good. Somethings we'll never know, like colour and precise behaviour. But that's why we have theories, and the discussions are always interesting.

Well yeah. We know they existed, though. If by truly you mean 100% accurate, then for sure, yes, it will never be truly accurate. But we can make still make it as accurate as we can based on our current knowledge.

Heh, there's an argentine in the Saurian team. Pretty nice links, Vieira
David, I just want plausible worlds. I don't want brachiosaurus living with velociraptors and tyrannosauruseses, for example. Because they are form different geological eras and geographical positions

How about Dinosystem? Top down and cheap, I have no idea what spore's animal stage is like but Dinosystem may be interesting to you.

Yeah could use a better MechWarrior game. PGI is terrible. Long Tom, drop deck bug, unnecessary retarded change to minimap. Inner sphere mechs are currently overall better than clan mechs(!).

Wish Paradox didn't give up on Sengoku. Yeah CKII's fine but it feels like it's been milked too hard. Also wish they'd cover Rome again.

An RPG like Age of Decadence, but in the Bronze Age. Or maybe even something like Expeditions Conquistador/Expeditions Viking (though not much to say about that yet since it's not released, but what we do know about it, a Bronze Age setting would be really sweet).

Also, an Open World Strategy RPG set in the Song dynasty and based off of the novel Water Margin would be pretty awesome, but leave most options fairly open ended. Sort of like the whole sniper style game that Jacob mentioned, where you could just live as a commoner, do menial tasks and live your life, or you could be the most awesome warrior and start your own 108 stars of destiny.

A game set during the 1848 revolutions where you play as a revolutionary or a soldier. Alternatively, a game set in the Californian gold rush or somewhere in Yukon.

kraggrim said:
A GTA game set in Effinger's Maghreb.
I'm going to say I would prefer a GTA-style game where you play as a Berber in the Maghreb.

Grand Theft Camel.

Gestricius said:
A game set during the 1848 revolutions where you play as a revolutionary or a soldier. Alternatively, a game set in the Californian gold rush or somewhere in Yukon.
Yes, please. Basically any game that would be non-fantasy RPG set in (continental) Europe anywhere from 1848-1914.

Some sort of Pirates of the Burning Sea sequel/remaster. I ****ing loved that game but the community is absolutely dead. I logged on not too long ago and some dude who still played often said he hadn't seen chat in global for days.

I'd like to see an Arma 3 style game, in a smooth working, not yet existing engine.
Where even the multiplayer part would run very good and without major hickups, and up to
800 players could comfortably participate in battles over huge land masses, lets say like up to 600km².

It should also be highly moddable, and mods like "Whole Lotta Altis" and "Dynamic Universal War System"
should come as a standard game mode with the base game, but then hugely expanded with more civilian population and the possibility for coop players to drop/in drop/out of the game into different roles.
(For those who don't know what those mods contain, you can play as a squad leader in them,
trying to retake the island.
One can recruit civilians and set up stationary firing positions etc.)

It should be possible to take on roles like a civilian with a job (but not like Altis Life, there would still
be AI around and the main objective would be for the human military coop team to liberate
the island or country from the AI military).

Those playing as civilians could act as snitches when encountering a human military coop team and tell the AI
and get money rewards for it for example. Or they could side with the human military and reveal locations
of enemy AI positions. That could mean for the coop team trying to avoid any civilians if possible or
go out and kill "traitors". Or one could try to bribe civilians and so on.

This is a just a loose idea I had when playing those aforementioned mods.

Next:

I want to see Skyrim in the Bannerlord engine. :smile:
Naturally it would use the M&B combat system. And then there would be a possibility, again,
for other human players to take on jobs in the game world. So Skyrim with a coop possibility.
And the map should be larger.

Last but not least:

"Sea of Thieves" (I know it's not out yet) with better graphics and stuff going on on land, with towns, forts populated with AI and real players. With M&B combat.  :lol:

Thats all for now.

Back
Top Bottom