Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 14 - Destructible Merlons

Users who are viewing this thread

As is traditional, this blog covers our previous major event, goes talks a bit about our experience and what we showed. This time it's E3, possibly the biggest gaming event of the year and the first time we've ever attended with our own booth. Our reveal was Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord's siege gameplay, which came in the form of this trailer and the extended gameplay video below.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

You can also check my
Fan Blog #1
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Hello and welcome to my fan-blog #1 "Turkish video that others can't understand"(Aren't I creative?):

Here I will be going over what was shown in the Office tour video and get the important parts to you. Mostly screenshots but I tried to get everything I can. I literally went frame by frame to get the best quality screens.
Some papers on the walls were very blurry because of the video. So some of the blurry parts are out of the video otherwise that would be very redundant.

Welcome to our office İkisoft! Taleworlds!
qSOh95s.png

Now we enter the meeting room. Where Taleworlds staff meet to brainstorm etc You can see a shield and a helmet on the wall and on the shelf
EpEE1VA.png

ywX7Eo0.png

Now we are on the motion capture room. We see wooden axe , wooden swords , shoes and a fitness ball(ball is for horse) that are used during the capture.We also see the composing machine for the sounds.
U8WH5BH.png

vNSvJBx.png

YAmoQWU.png

zFUFqCB.png

Pk3bX6C.png

Bannerlord on space DLC confirmed.(Yes I am joking.)
Laszjm1.png

Our game engine development room.
m0a5WbH.png

SinglePlayer campaign room.
VrtINlf.png

Whats Suh , suh Frank
2naskly.png

Some Concept Arts.(These are absolutely stunning.)
kitgjHt.png
afcnbvm.png
bi06E1G.png
SqTNfj0.png
PfQd5NO.png
1tc0dvp.png
1ADMb3I.png
2VtprrS.png
eVvtmfx.png
6q4P45v.png
OtEMSeL.png
olYWjMK.png
AC69Qi3.png
fyxWTT1.png
OJ2BZvR.png
4EJP8gT.png
VCWrwbN.png
1bZCAK3.png
ZLfLC7h.png

War , Action , Animation development room
NOjDsHv.png

Picture on the wall.
xsyLK3o.png

Here we come to the Art room.This is where the concept arts become assets in the game. Like horses , walls , castles anything you can think of first gets created as a concept art and given to the people to recreate them in the game editor as an asset to be added to the game.
ZbmM4tQ.png

One of the staff member's desk. ( These have nothing to with the game they sculpt these in their free time as a way to waste time .Aren't they talented?(I can not say the same thing for the guy who is holding the camera tho) )
TjeUG2e.png

Pokémon - Zombie DLCs confirmed. ( Yes , again I am joking. :sad:  )
8fFVjNj.png

Ingame assets and few concept arts.
hx3mQou.png

(They did not want to show this image.(it was accidentally shown as the lady didn't know what she was supposed to show) So take it as the things in the picture might not make it to the final version.)
hnQ71yv.png

U6QVOU4.png
wW5Fzs4.png
UMVuoFr.png
YDgyts2.png
8gpS0J1.png
TyJCKS2.png

We are coming to the end of our fan-blog. Hope it was informative and fun for non-Turkish players of Taleworlds community.
Enjoy your day.
Take care.
--------------------

I am just doing it so that people understand what's going on and have something to talk about.

illustration boundry  of each faction maybe is n good idea.
the lords of other faction must ask for entering to other faction lands if dont do that maybe war will declare.

buying an house in citys will be nice. our champion stay there insteed of tavern and stay in city not cost for player. mafia fight in city between crime bands will be awsom.

bandit have leader with persenality that gain fame with their loots. and get lords etention to themselves and lord ask for thake him down.

mj_vaez said:
the lords of other faction must ask for entering to other faction lands if dont do that maybe war will declare.

buying an house in citys will be nice. our champion stay there insteed of tavern and stay in city not cost for player. mafia fight in city between crime bands will be awsom.

bandit have leader with persenality that gain fame with their loots. and get lords etention to themselves and lord ask for thake him down.

I'm a feudal word, physical controlled borders didn't exist.

AmateurHetman said:
mj_vaez said:

Whats ur point?

mj_vaez said:
AmateurHetman said:
mj_vaez said:

Whats ur point?

I don't like the idea of the game having visible borders that lords can't cross without permission, as it doesn't fit the setting nor simulation.

pellehard said:
what do you think guys. are we going to hear some news before E3 you think? :smile:
i love it to happen but i dont think so. i close my ayes and play a game in my mind. its crazy but have fun.
i love one video every month. mongols and arab factions not seen yet. also i love video about viliges.
i cant w8 but im forced. i hope the game have a worse for it and dont disepoint us.

sorry for bad writing skill.

I expect them to do some kind of trailer or gamplay session during E3. Probably during the PC Gamer event just like last year. They might even give an actual release date during that event.

Nipponsei said:
I expect them to do some kind of trailer or gamplay session during E3. Probably during the PC Gamer event just like last year. They might even give an actual release date during that event.

I wouldn't hold your breath. It's been 5 years, and could easily be another year at this rate. :sad:

Yeah I wouldn't expect them to show anything new or even announce anything. At best we might get a new blog but if it's like the last one then I honestly don't care at this point, just hoping that they're actually getting close to finishing the game or at least getting to an early access stage, I'd assume they'd only go early access if they ran out of funds though.

Darkstar616 said:
Yeah I wouldn't expect them to show anything new or even announce anything. At best we might get a new blog but if it's like the last one then I honestly don't care at this point, just hoping that they're actually getting close to finishing the game or at least getting to an early access stage, I'd assume they'd only go early access if they ran out of funds though.

I'm beginning to worry about ever seeing it at all. It shouldn't take 5 years for a game like this, particularly when the engine isn't exactly cutting edge in the first place. They're not a small indie team any more, so it's unlikely to be a manpower issue.

Nordmann said:
I'm beginning to worry about ever seeing it at all. It shouldn't take 5 years for a game like this, particularly when the engine isn't exactly cutting edge in the first place.
They spent much of the first two years of development  on a new engine.

Cpt. Nemo said:
Nordmann said:
I'm beginning to worry about ever seeing it at all. It shouldn't take 5 years for a game like this, particularly when the engine isn't exactly cutting edge in the first place.

Thank you, at least someone knows.
5 years + is easily the average development time for a game. The difference is TW announced the start of development, most companies don't do that. We think it's just a year or two because the gaming companies are quiet until the game is sure to be released.

Nordmann said:
Darkstar616 said:

I'm beginning to worry about ever seeing it at all. It shouldn't take 5 years for a game like this, particularly when the engine isn't exactly cutting edge in the first place. They're not a small indie team any more, so it's unlikely to be a manpower issue.
As said before, most games don't even announce until they are basically finished with the game. By the time you hear about any game other than a select few, or any on kickstarter, they are virtually finished. We have known about this game from the moment they started, so of COURSE it's going to take a LONG time. IMO they should have waited to announce it, but they did what they did so we're just going to have to be patient.

Cpt. Nemo said:
Nordmann said:

I would imagine that work on the engine commenced in 2010 or thereabouts, as the game was announced in 2012, and generally you don't announce a game when you don't even have an engine for it. So that actually makes it near 7 years for the whole project, which is even worse.

It's hardly the next cutting edge MMORPG, and the team is much larger than the old days, time to get a move on I'd say.

AmateurHetman said:
Cpt. Nemo said:
Nordmann said:

Thank you, at least someone knows.
5 years + is easily the average development time for a game. The difference is TW announced the start of development, most companies don't do that. We think it's just a year or two because the gaming companies are quiet until the game is sure to be released.

Pulling that info much? 5 years is the average between beginning of development til full release of AAA games.
For BL it should've taken 4, but it went past that (even they'd predicted 4 tbh). If this goes beyond 7 years, it's way too much. I'm hoping to see it released this year, although most of you scrubs doubt that, I think it's plausible.

Back
Top Bottom