Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 14 - Destructible Merlons

Users who are viewing this thread

As is traditional, this blog covers our previous major event, goes talks a bit about our experience and what we showed. This time it's E3, possibly the biggest gaming event of the year and the first time we've ever attended with our own booth. Our reveal was Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord's siege gameplay, which came in the form of this trailer and the extended gameplay video below.

Read more at: http://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

Lol. Console release has minimal effect on Bannerlord, its a seperate team of like one or two guys porting warband.

And TW doesn't really have any marketing aside from E3 and gamescom and pcgamer publicity

i know suggestions are kind of out and they are just polishing the game right now but still,

i was thinking of an option where there is a ruined castle randomly generated somewhere on the map. (not on an edge of the world) doesn't have to be randomly but that gives u a bit harder time because it means you have to keep finding it if you want to use it. when you find the castle and you go to it you get an option to make a perm camp there (for idk what? 3000 denars?) youre men don`t get attacked there but when you are in it and an enemy is close they can attack YOU if they want. (like a refuge in viking conquest). but when you set up camp you get the choice to start repairing the ruined castle/fort.
it will cost you an amount of money, 50 men there at all times for building etc (can be a farmer or a swadian knight nobody cares). they will start rebuilding while you go through being a bandit or a noble traveler (lol no nobody does that). there will be stages like: first stage: they build half walls  walls but no towers stairs or anything so its still kinda useless. second stage: walls are almost done they are starting on towers. third stage: they build towers and wall but no gate just a hole and they are starting on a keep and quarters for the men. fourth stage: keep is done and they are making farms for farmers and starting on the gatehouse. fifth stage: they made the gatehouse and the farms the castle is now done. its a way to create a kingdom with out making enemies at first it will cost a good amount of money and maybe items (and man power). this is just a suggestion but would be cool if i see this in a mod for banner lord,

Wulfburk said:
less marketing the best so  i can feel special by playing this game and look down on both console peasants and mainstream games plebs.
Erm, we mount & bladers are a proud bunch, but we do not support such gamer fascism... *radio crackles* Sony san, our reputation has been defended... Long live ps4 *radio turns off*

A release date for Bannerlord is not announced.

If you're asking about Warband on console like people are talking about above- September 16th.

Balexander said:
there will also be in bannerlord heraldic armor ? "sorry for my bad english"

None of us can know yet but I would assume at least the Vlandian faction would. Warband had it so bannerlord will likely have heraldic armour. Too early to tell though.

Hello, folks, who are waiting for release of Bannerlord. Didn't find appropriate forum to start a thread, so I'll leave this message here.
Just made an live wallpaper application on Android with countdown to the release of Bannerlord (first of all for myself). And since, no one knows when release will be, I set it to 2020 year as temporary date.

It's free and have no ads. Hope, TW will not beat me because I used their art in this application :grin:

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myowndev.release_dates.live_wallpaper

Dest45 said:
Balexander said:
there will also be in bannerlord heraldic armor ? "sorry for my bad english"

None of us can know yet but I would assume at least the Vlandian faction would. Warband had it so bannerlord will likely have heraldic armour. Too early to tell though.

I am certain that most armour/clothing will change colour according to the banner, this will give easier recognition in battle, however the heraldry seems to be omitted which makes sense as only two factions would perhaps suit heraldic armour.

hiul said:
they still need to tell how the heir system work
I personally don't like the sound of having an heir, because the in game time is still quite slow, so for an heir to be born and grow into an adult would take ages. I find it less immersive that I stop playing as the character I created to then play as their offspring.

AmateurHetman said:
in game time is still quite slow

Warband. We have no idea how time works with Bannerlord.

We could, as a example, have a year last only 12 weeks (Warband weeks), with 4 seasons (3 weeks each). So a typical Warband year would be 4 years in Bannerlord.

Or we could have a "real" calendar (based on ours). That means that the game would be much "faster" on how time goes by, like traveling from a town to another taking days (instead of hours). Simple make the game "faster" for the player perspective so you spend the same 30seconds (real life) on that travel.
^
you can do that in Warband, time speed is a simple setting on module.ini, modders can do WHATEVER they want with it

That means you can easily make a campaign that lasts 50 years, takes same time as a 2 years in Warband, and add heirs to the game.

Back
Top Bottom