OSP Shaders Tama's Shaders (Dynamic Parallax Occlusion & Parallax & SSAO)

Users who are viewing this thread

INFORMATION:

This Mod/Kit whatever you want to call it includes the following:
  • Dynamic Parallax Occlusion with self-shadows(Only for static models, single light source. Good for outdoors.)
  • Parallax Shaders
  • Source Code
  • Shader Compiler
  • Fixed Normal Maps with Height Maps
  • SSAO Shader

Basically it adds Parallax Occlusion effect on ground and wall textures and some few other textures.

The shaders are written by me, however they look similar with Barabas' Shaders. His shaders actually helped me make this, because at first I tried to use his. But they weren't working right and his source resisted against getting compiled. So I based my shaders upon his.

I will update this as I add more features. probably.
Todo: Depth Biasing or something faster, self-shadows or depth based shading(faster but doesn't look as awesome)

SCREENSHOTS:

Dynamic Parallax Occlusion:
hWgdHp7.jpg

3g4RI45.jpg

wqMYbK5.jpg

zZiAaV7.jpg

i1H13v4.jpg

3Lvfua9.jpg

3LZMAhJ.jpg

Xff4Hag.jpg

9HwAlsl.jpg

SSAO Comparison. First Image with ssao, second image without ssao.
GVowQ5I.jpg

Tv3GI3L.jpg

M4axKR7.jpg

Iogo3zy.jpg

CGr9c93.jpg

c47fKya.jpg
Other Screenshots:
wBOO8LM.jpg

N90C9gH.jpg

mdQ3zdU.jpg

jQSbdIy.jpg

Db8Wg1c.jpg

YcEXJwT.jpg

BE0he6g.jpg

xo3IIKK.jpg

ZQfo2uH.jpg

aEoRbLk.jpg

2GHC5jY.jpg

er7xraN.jpg

Bsx4S9F.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Parallax & SSAO - Added Dynamic Parallax Occlusion 11-Dec-16

HOW TO INSTALL:

The paragraphs starting with * are important. Please read them not to screw your game/mods.

---Step 1:

Download and unzip the .zip file first.

---Step 2:

Then copy all the contents except "module.ini" inside the unzipped folder to the mod you want to play this with. If you want to play this with native. Then go ahead and copy-paste module.ini as well. You can safely replace that file only if you are copying the files to native.

*However, if a "file exists do you want to replace" kind of window pops up click cancel, because probably the mod you want to play this with could have custom shaders of it's own.

*Or you could have tried to copy "module.ini" as well. Even tho I told you not to. If that is the case go back to the start of this step. (Step 2)

---Step 3 (required step for mods/but not native):

If you copied the files to a mod instead of native. There is one final step, which is opening up the module.ini of that mod. And adding "load_mod_resource = parallax_materials" without brackets just above "load_resource = materials". If you put it below it won't work, because warband engine.

---Step 4:

Play.

MORE THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:

Even if the mod you want to play this with doesn't have any custom shaders and anything like that and you copied all the files successfully, you must know that not all texture's in the mod will look awesome. That is because the mod materials won't use parallax shader. But any material native uses will use the parallax shaders.

Furthermore, I guess this would also be useless in total-conversion mods that doesn't use the native ground and wall textures.

I haven't been able to make heightmaps to all native textures. It would be great if you can make them and send me a pm, then I'll update this post. Such textures are inside the Textures folder too.

I guess this wouldn't necessarily be necessary for total-conversion mods unless the mod uses the native ground or wall textures at best.

TECHNICAL STUFF FOR MODDERS:

Dynamic Parallax Occlusion Update Info:

Additionally to all the other instructions, You need to enter the texture width, height and heightMapScale to dynamic parallax occlusion material. You can enter these values to Spec Color textboxes in OpenBrf. If that doesn't make any sense, check out this screenshot:
ZhY5v4a.jpg

If you want to use the shaders and heightmaps provided in this kit you have to credit me and provide a link to this topic so others could see it and use for themselves aswell.

The shaders use the blue channel just like in barabas' shaders. Why you might ask? Because a heightmap is just a graycolor image it is either 0 or 1. AAaaand, warband materials doesn't support a heightmap texture input. But its unnecessary as using a separate texture would increase file sizes, besides blue channel in warband normal maps are mostly unused. It is possible to calculate the z of the normalmap by using x and y of it. In fact this is what the shaders included here does.

If you want to make a heightmap for a certain texture. Place it in the blue channel of it's normalmap. And save it as DDS DXT1.

You can find all the parallax materials in parallax_materials, duh. But whats more? You can also find all the normalmaps used by those materials inside the Textures folder with their blue channel correctly set with it's heightmap. However I wasn't able to make heightmaps for few of those. If it's looking blueish purplish, then it probably doesn't have a correct heightmap but check the blue channel to make sure. You can try to fix those and please give me a link so i can update the download link with those.

To see all the available shader types available in this Kit, open Core_Shaders.brf inside the Resource folder. Each shader with _parallax prefix at the end or somewhere in the middle requires a normalmap texture with a heightmap placed in it's blue channel. The shader names are usually the same with their native counterparts which doesn't have parallax. The aforementioned shaders are also set as fallback's. But parallax is a simple technique and I don't think the fallbacks are necessary, but better to be safe than sorry.

If you have you own custom shaders but you want to use this one as well, have no fear as I've included the real deal. If you haven't changed/edited any of the native shaders, that is perfect. You can use this one as a base and copy paste your custom shader codes inside this kits shader source file. But If you've made changes to techniques ps_main_bump and ps_standart_new (I might be forgetting some), I'm afraid it is going to be more complicated than that.

But still not impossible. I've made changes to original native normal calculations and added parallax calculations. That is all there is to it. So make sure that my changes doesn't collide with your changes.

After you are done, copy paste the shaders inside Core_Shaders.brf with _parallax prefixes. And you are done.

* Use at your own risk. If it fails or something gets burned, I'm not responsible. But I highly doubt that anything would get burned, might fail..., but not fire.

Last edited:
HyperCharge:

The problem mostly lies with the grass heightmap. Notice the other kind of terrain textures aren't looking bad. To make it go away delete normalmap texture in module textures folder. Then it will revert back to original texture.

Yes the colours seem to be a bit vibrant in your screenshots.

HarryPham123, Hurleur:

You might have forgotten to copy "mb_2a.fxo" file. But If you did then change its name to "mb_2a.fx" and try again. If this is not the case however I don't know what went wrong. Please post a screenshot of the whiteness, is it complete white or only ground and walls while?

More Screenshots:
Db8Wg1c.jpg

YcEXJwT.jpg

BE0he6g.jpg

xo3IIKK.jpg

ZQfo2uH.jpg

aEoRbLk.jpg

2GHC5jY.jpg

er7xraN.jpg

Bsx4S9F.jpg

I'm satisfied with how it looks, however there are still some tweaking and issue handling to do.
But here's the new updated download link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuvC0xVuBv2EwtsDG6IrUp8islsjDg
Quick Fix Patch for the above update: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuvC0xVuBv2EwtsEe2rlWUIt-bEmmQ (Fixes multimesh weird seam error)

P.S. Screenshots are from my Enhanced Mod. It uses Realistic Colors Mod so it might look a bit different than native.

produno said:
Why does the stone floor look very flat? Is this because you removed the normal map as mentioned above?

No I didn't remove the normalmap, you must have misunderstood me. It looks flat like that because it doesn't have a nice shading and self-shadows. It is actually pretty hard to calculate all those shadows and stuff with sm2.0 and warband. But I'm trying to improve it as we speak.

HarryPham123 said:
hello Tama well i have fixed it so it look awsome in my mod so here is my image http://imgur.com/a/w5xSb

It doesn't look wonderful at all! :grin: Please download the new version, all those weird seam errors are fixed. And I also added some simple shading.

Tama said:
No I didn't remove the normalmap, you must have misunderstood me. It looks flat like that because it doesn't have a nice shading and self-shadows. It is actually pretty hard to calculate all those shadows and stuff with sm2.0 and warband. But I'm trying to improve it as we speak.

Ah ok. Other than that it looks very good! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Hey guys, just added Yoshiboy's SSAO shader. You can find his article here: http://theorangeduck.com/page/pure-depth-ssao

I've then added blur to it. And the result is really nice. Altough after battles when you return to map, you can see some ssao left over from the battle. Only way to fix this is to enter a new scene. I don't know if this can be fixed. But no problems in multiplayer

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuvC0xVuBv2Ew5w_rze4EhDRkblx8g - Added SSAO 23-Jun-16

A while back I've posted a fast SSAO code which is OSP aswell.
You might check it out;
_Sebastian_ said:
Heyho.
Since La Grandmaster and some other guys asked me how I achieved the SSAO effect, it would be a shame to not share it's basic code...
But since all of my shaders and the structure itself is rewritten from scratch, it's not that easy to apply the effect to your mod.
Due to that your HLSL experience is key to get it working and not to mess everything up.

So let's get started.
I actually use the postFX_sampler1(used for HDR) which is rendered in half-(low hdr) or quarter-(high hdr) resolution anyway and bake the SSAO to it's alpha channel.
After that I blur the sampler based on depth difference by using the ps_main_blur(X/Y) and then pass it to the shaders file, but you also can apply it to the final PostFX pass ofc.

The code is not well documented(I'm lazy ikr) and the SSAO only works in combination with HDR(I recommend low hdr cause of the half res sampler) and enabled Depth Effects.

Make sure you can access the depth buffer.
Code:
#if defined(USE_FX_STATE_MANAGER) && !defined(USE_DEVICE_TEXTURE_ASSIGN)	//else we can use direct device access with sampler indexes...
	texture postFX_texture0, postFX_texture1, postFX_texture2, postFX_texture3, postFX_texture4;
	//non-srgb samplers
	sampler postFX_sampler0 : register(s0) = sampler_state	{  Texture = postFX_texture0;  };  // scene
	sampler postFX_sampler1 : register(s1) = sampler_state	{  Texture = postFX_texture1;  };  // hdr-low = 1/2res high = 1/4res
	sampler postFX_sampler2 : register(s2) = sampler_state	{  Texture = postFX_texture2;  };  // brightness .. AVG and MAX
	sampler postFX_sampler3 : register(s3) = sampler_state	{  Texture = postFX_texture3;  };  // black
	sampler postFX_sampler4 : register(s4) = sampler_state	{  Texture = postFX_texture4;  };  // == sampler 2 + WithLuminance???
	sampler postFX_sampler5 : register(s5);// depth
	// sampler postFX_sampler6 : register(s6);// cubic  ...black screen
	// sampler postFX_sampler7 : register(s7);// shadowmap ...white screen
	// sampler postFX_sampler8 : register(s8);// screen ...half resolution screen
	// sampler postFX_sampler9 : register(s9);// mesh ...shows random texture
	// sampler postFX_sampler10 : register(s10);// clamped ...black screen
	// sampler postFX_sampler11 : register(s11);// font ...shows font texture
	// sampler postFX_sampler12 : register(s12);// char shadow ...black screen
	// sampler postFX_sampler13 : register(s13);// mesh no filter ...shows random texture without filter
	// sampler postFX_sampler14 : register(s14);// diffuse no wrap ...black screen
	// sampler postFX_sampler15 : register(s15);// grass ...black screen

// sampler postFX_sampler16 : register(s0);//reflection ...shows blurry screen
	// sampler postFX_sampler17 : register(s1);//env ...shows env texture
	// sampler postFX_sampler18 : register(s2);//diffuse ...shows random diffuse texture
	// sampler postFX_sampler19 : register(s3);//normal ...shows random normal texture
#else 
	#ifdef USE_REGISTERED_SAMPLERS
		sampler postFX_sampler0 : register(s0);	//linear clamp
		sampler postFX_sampler1 : register(s1);	//linear clamp
		sampler postFX_sampler2 : register(s2);	//linear clamp
		sampler postFX_sampler3 : register(s3);	//linear clamp
		sampler postFX_sampler4 : register(s4);	//linear clamp
	#else
		sampler postFX_sampler0 : register(s0) = sampler_state{ AddressU = CLAMP; AddressV = CLAMP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	 };	//linear clamp
		sampler postFX_sampler1 : register(s1) = sampler_state{ AddressU = CLAMP; AddressV = CLAMP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	 };	//linear clamp
		sampler postFX_sampler2 : register(s2) = sampler_state{ AddressU = CLAMP; AddressV = CLAMP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	 };	//linear clamp
		sampler postFX_sampler3 : register(s3) = sampler_state{ AddressU = CLAMP; AddressV = CLAMP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	 };	//linear clamp
		sampler postFX_sampler4 : register(s4) = sampler_state{ AddressU = CLAMP; AddressV = CLAMP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	 };	//linear clamp
	#endif
#endif

Set up the static constants.
Code:
static const int clip_distance = 1250;// is 1250 by default you can change it in module.ini ...=> far_plane_distance = 1250 #clip distance
static const int num_iterations = 8;
static const float BlurPixelWeight[num_iterations] = {1.000, 0.875, 0.750, 0.625, 0.500, 0.375, 0.250, 0.125};

Render the SSAO and bake it to the sampler's alpha channel.
Code:
float4 ps_main_brightPass(float2 texCoord: TEXCOORD0 ) : COLOR0 
{
	float3 color = tex2D(postFX_sampler0, texCoord);
	color *= 255.0f; //make it real values.. more accuracy
	color = pow(color, 2.0f);

//SSAO
	float occlusion = 0.0f;
 	float base_depth = tex2D(postFX_sampler5, texCoord).r;
	if (base_depth < 1.0f)//1 = clip_distance
	{
		base_depth *= clip_distance;

float2 normal;//now generate pseudo random values
		normal.x = frac(sin((texCoord.x + 0.5) * (texCoord.y + 0.5) * 1000.0f) * 1000.0f);
		normal.y = frac(cos((texCoord.x + 0.5) * (texCoord.y + 0.5) * 1000.0f) * 1000.0f);
		normal *= 2.0f;
		normal -= 1.0f;
		float2 offset = g_HalfPixel_ViewportSizeInv.zw * normal * 250.0f / base_depth;

float2 cur_offset;
		float difference_1, difference_2, check_dist;
		for(int i = 1; i <= 4; i++)
		{
			check_dist = i;
			cur_offset = offset * i;
			difference_1 = base_depth - tex2D(postFX_sampler5, texCoord + cur_offset).r * clip_distance;
			difference_2 = base_depth - tex2D(postFX_sampler5, texCoord - cur_offset).r * clip_distance;
			// if one sample distance is invalid then use its twins inverse ... almost completely removes haloing
			if (difference_1 > check_dist && difference_2 < check_dist)
				difference_1 = -difference_2;
			else if (difference_2 > check_dist && difference_1 < check_dist)
				difference_2 = -difference_1;
			difference_1 = saturate(difference_1 / check_dist);
			difference_2 = saturate(difference_2 / check_dist);
			occlusion += saturate((difference_1 * (1.0f - difference_1) + difference_2 * (1.0f - difference_2)) - 0.25);
		}
		occlusion *= 2.0f;
	}
	return float4(color, saturate(occlusion));
}

Blur the sampler.
Code:
float4 ps_main_blurX(float2 inTex: TEXCOORD0) : COLOR0 
{
	float4 total_color = tex2D(postFX_sampler0, inTex) * BlurPixelWeight[0];
	float4 cur_color;
	float2 offset = float2(g_HalfPixel_ViewportSizeInv.z, 0);
	float2 cur_offset;
	float base_depth = tex2D(postFX_sampler5, inTex).r * clip_distance * 10.0f;
	float cur_amount;
	float2 blur_amount = 1.0f;
	for(int i = 1; i < num_iterations; i++)
	{
		for(int j = 0; j < 2; j++)
		{
			if(j == 0)
				cur_offset = inTex + offset * i;
			else
				cur_offset = inTex - offset * i;
			cur_color = tex2D(postFX_sampler0, cur_offset) * BlurPixelWeight[i];
			cur_amount = max(1.0f / i, 1.0f - abs(base_depth - tex2D(postFX_sampler5, cur_offset).r * clip_distance * 10.0f));//based on difference
			total_color.a += cur_color.a * cur_amount;
			total_color.rgb += cur_color.rgb;
			blur_amount.x += BlurPixelWeight[i];
			blur_amount.y += BlurPixelWeight[i] * cur_amount;
		}
	}
	total_color.rgb /= blur_amount.x;
	total_color.a /= blur_amount.y;
	return total_color;
}
float4 ps_main_blurY(float2 inTex: TEXCOORD0) : COLOR0 
{
	float4 total_color = tex2D(postFX_sampler0, inTex) * BlurPixelWeight[0];
	float4 cur_color;
	float2 offset = float2(0, g_HalfPixel_ViewportSizeInv.w);
	float2 cur_offset;
	float base_depth = tex2D(postFX_sampler5, inTex).r * clip_distance * 10.0f;
	float cur_amount;
	float2 blur_amount = 1.0f;
	for(int i = 1; i < num_iterations; i++)
	{
		for(int j = 0; j < 2; j++)
		{
			if(j == 0)
				cur_offset = inTex + offset * i;
			else
				cur_offset = inTex - offset * i;
			cur_color = tex2D(postFX_sampler0, cur_offset) * BlurPixelWeight[i];
			cur_amount = max(1.0f / i, 1.0f - abs(base_depth - tex2D(postFX_sampler5, cur_offset).r * clip_distance * 10.0f));//based on difference
			total_color.a += cur_color.a * cur_amount;
			total_color.rgb += cur_color.rgb;
			blur_amount.x += BlurPixelWeight[i];
			blur_amount.y += BlurPixelWeight[i] * cur_amount;
		}
	}
	total_color.rgb /= blur_amount.x;
	total_color.a /= blur_amount.y;
	return total_color;
}

Now you either can apply the SSAO to the final pass FinalScenePassPS and use it as pure PostFX effect...
Code:
	// return 1.0f - tex2D(postFX_sampler1, texCoord).a;//SSAO only
	return lerp(color, 0.0f, tex2D(postFX_sampler1, texCoord).a);

...or pass it to the shaders file and apply the SSAO to any shader in order to avoid some issues;
_Sebastian_ said:
The shader is actually a PostFX shader, but applied to a PostFX sampler that is passed to the shaders file.
So you can use it on every pixel shader you like, or not...
This way you're able to avoid occlusion artifacts on surfaces with manipulated vertices or materials that are not affected by the depth buffer, eg. particles, water, fog etc.

And here starts the tricky part...
You have to replace the ENV sampler with the specific PostFX sampler, cause all 16 samplers are already used.
So you wont be able to use fake reflections by using env textures anymore... but I dont mind since I use screen space reflections instead.
Code:
// Texture&Samplers
texture postFX_texture1;

#if defined(USE_SHARED_DIFFUSE_MAP) || !defined(USE_DEVICE_TEXTURE_ASSIGN)
	texture diffuse_texture;
#endif

#ifndef USE_DEVICE_TEXTURE_ASSIGN
	texture diffuse_texture_2;
	texture specular_texture;
	texture normal_texture;
	texture env_texture;
	texture shadowmap_texture;

texture cubic_texture;

texture depth_texture;
	texture screen_texture;

#ifdef USE_REGISTERED_SAMPLERS
	sampler ReflectionTextureSampler 	: register(fx_ReflectionTextureSampler_RegisterS 		) = sampler_state	{  Texture = env_texture;		};
	sampler PostFXTextureSampler			: register(fx_EnvTextureSampler_RegisterS				) = sampler_state	{  Texture = postFX_texture1;		};
	sampler Diffuse2Sampler 			: register(fx_Diffuse2Sampler_RegisterS 				) = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture_2;	};
	sampler NormalTextureSampler		: register(fx_NormalTextureSampler_RegisterS			) = sampler_state	{  Texture = normal_texture;	};
	sampler SpecularTextureSampler 		: register(fx_SpecularTextureSampler_RegisterS 			) = sampler_state	{  Texture = specular_texture;	};
	sampler DepthTextureSampler 		: register(fx_DepthTextureSampler_RegisterS 			) = sampler_state	{  Texture = depth_texture;	    };
	sampler CubicTextureSampler 		: register(fx_CubicTextureSampler_RegisterS 			) = sampler_state	{  Texture = cubic_texture;	    };
	sampler ShadowmapTextureSampler 	: register(fx_ShadowmapTextureSampler_RegisterS 		) = sampler_state	{  Texture = shadowmap_texture;	};
	sampler ScreenTextureSampler 		: register(fx_ScreenTextureSampler_RegisterS			) = sampler_state	{  Texture = screen_texture;	};
	sampler MeshTextureSampler 			: register(fx_MeshTextureSampler_RegisterS 				) = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	};
	sampler ClampedTextureSampler 		: register(fx_ClampedTextureSampler_RegisterS 			) = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	};
	sampler FontTextureSampler 			: register(fx_FontTextureSampler_RegisterS 				) = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	};
	sampler CharacterShadowTextureSampler:register(fx_CharacterShadowTextureSampler_RegisterS	) = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	};
	sampler MeshTextureSamplerNoFilter 	: register(fx_MeshTextureSamplerNoFilter_RegisterS 		) = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	};
	sampler DiffuseTextureSamplerNoWrap : register(fx_DiffuseTextureSamplerNoWrap_RegisterS 	) = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	};
	sampler GrassTextureSampler 		: register(fx_GrassTextureSampler_RegisterS 			) = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	};
	#else

sampler ReflectionTextureSampler 	= sampler_state	{  Texture = env_texture;		AddressU = CLAMP; AddressV = CLAMP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	};
	sampler PostFXTextureSampler			= sampler_state	{  Texture = postFX_texture1;		AddressU = WRAP;  AddressV = WRAP;  MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	};
	sampler Diffuse2Sampler 			= sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture_2;	AddressU = WRAP; AddressV = WRAP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	};
	sampler NormalTextureSampler		= sampler_state	{  Texture = normal_texture;	AddressU = WRAP; AddressV = WRAP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	};
	sampler SpecularTextureSampler 		= sampler_state	{  Texture = specular_texture;	AddressU = WRAP; AddressV = WRAP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	};
	sampler DepthTextureSampler 		= sampler_state	{  Texture = depth_texture;		AddressU = CLAMP; AddressV = CLAMP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;    };
	sampler CubicTextureSampler 		= sampler_state	{  Texture = cubic_texture;	 	AddressU = CLAMP; AddressV = CLAMP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;   };
	sampler ShadowmapTextureSampler 	= sampler_state	{  Texture = shadowmap_texture;	AddressU = CLAMP; AddressV = CLAMP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	};
	sampler ScreenTextureSampler 		= sampler_state	{  Texture = screen_texture;	AddressU = CLAMP; AddressV = CLAMP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	};
	sampler MeshTextureSampler 			= sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	AddressU = WRAP; AddressV = WRAP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	};
	sampler ClampedTextureSampler 		= sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	AddressU = CLAMP; AddressV = CLAMP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	};
	sampler FontTextureSampler 			= sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	AddressU = WRAP; AddressV = WRAP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	};
	sampler CharacterShadowTextureSampler= sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	AddressU = BORDER; AddressV = BORDER; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	};
	sampler MeshTextureSamplerNoFilter 	= sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	AddressU = WRAP; AddressV = WRAP; MinFilter = NONE; MagFilter = NONE;	};
	sampler DiffuseTextureSamplerNoWrap = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	AddressU = CLAMP; AddressV = CLAMP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	};
	sampler GrassTextureSampler 		= sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	AddressU = CLAMP; AddressV = CLAMP; MinFilter = LINEAR; MagFilter = LINEAR;	};

#endif

#else
	sampler ReflectionTextureSampler 	: register(fx_ReflectionTextureSampler_RegisterS 		);
	sampler PostFXTextureSampler			: register(fx_EnvTextureSampler_RegisterS				);
	sampler Diffuse2Sampler 			: register(fx_Diffuse2Sampler_RegisterS 				);
	sampler NormalTextureSampler		: register(fx_NormalTextureSampler_RegisterS			);
	sampler SpecularTextureSampler 		: register(fx_SpecularTextureSampler_RegisterS 			);
	sampler DepthTextureSampler 		: register(fx_DepthTextureSampler_RegisterS 			);
	sampler CubicTextureSampler 		: register(fx_CubicTextureSampler_RegisterS 			);
	sampler ShadowmapTextureSampler 	: register(fx_ShadowmapTextureSampler_RegisterS 		);
	sampler ScreenTextureSampler 		: register(fx_ScreenTextureSampler_RegisterS			);

#ifdef USE_SHARED_DIFFUSE_MAP
		sampler MeshTextureSampler 			: register(fx_MeshTextureSampler_RegisterS 				) = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	};
		sampler ClampedTextureSampler 		: register(fx_ClampedTextureSampler_RegisterS 			) = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	};
		sampler FontTextureSampler 			: register(fx_FontTextureSampler_RegisterS 				) = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	};
		sampler CharacterShadowTextureSampler:register(fx_CharacterShadowTextureSampler_RegisterS	) = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	};
		sampler MeshTextureSamplerNoFilter 	: register(fx_MeshTextureSamplerNoFilter_RegisterS 		) = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	};
		sampler DiffuseTextureSamplerNoWrap : register(fx_DiffuseTextureSamplerNoWrap_RegisterS 	) = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	};
		sampler GrassTextureSampler 		: register(fx_GrassTextureSampler_RegisterS 			) = sampler_state	{  Texture = diffuse_texture;	};
	#else
		sampler MeshTextureSampler 			: register(fx_MeshTextureSampler_RegisterS 				);
		sampler ClampedTextureSampler 		: register(fx_ClampedTextureSampler_RegisterS 			);
		sampler FontTextureSampler 			: register(fx_FontTextureSampler_RegisterS 				);
		sampler CharacterShadowTextureSampler:register(fx_CharacterShadowTextureSampler_RegisterS	);
		sampler MeshTextureSamplerNoFilter 	: register(fx_MeshTextureSamplerNoFilter_RegisterS 		);
		sampler DiffuseTextureSamplerNoWrap : register(fx_DiffuseTextureSamplerNoWrap_RegisterS 	);
		sampler GrassTextureSampler 		: register(fx_GrassTextureSampler_RegisterS 			);
	#endif
#endif

In order to apply the SSAO to a specific shader you first need to get the screen space position within the vertex shader.
Code:
	if(use_depth_effects)
	{
		Out.projCoord.xy = (float2(Out.Pos.x, -Out.Pos.y)+Out.Pos.w)/2.0f;
		Out.projCoord.xy += (vDepthRT_HalfPixel_ViewportSizeInv.xy * Out.Pos.w);
		Out.projCoord.zw = Out.Pos.zw;
	}

And then apply the SSAO to the ambient term of the pixel shader.
Code:
	if(use_depth_effects)
	{
		float4 ssao = tex2Dproj(PostFXTextureSampler, In.projCoord);
		if ((ssao.r + ssao.g + ssao.b) > 0.0f)//check if HDR is enabled
			ambient_term *= 1.0f - ssao.a;
	}

You can use this code to create your own SSAO effect, but dont forget to give me credit.  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom