Ethical problem - Who to give the letter to? [Spoiler]

Users who are viewing this thread

heckani

Sergeant at Arms
Hello,
I´ve tried using the search function and found alot of topics regarding Bodo´s letter, but didn´t quite find any answers, and was wondering if someone else had been in my boat and could help me out?

My issue is when forced to choose who to give the letter to. I spent nearly half an hour talking to myself, giving reasons for and against, but I just cannot feel good about any option, as i try to play it as if it was real life and i truly love this game and story as its my first playthrough since i bought it when it came out.

Long post. No need to read it. Its just my thoughts.
I just want to know how you argued for and against your choices? 

I´ve tried to argue for the danish/norway/vikings with my points of:

1) They are the ones I want to support, as I like the vikings and their mentality.
2) My ancestors + they are very good traders which i also like.
3) I want to rule the Friese, Danes and Northvegrs.
4) Perhaps I can take over Sigurd by killing him and become a vassal of the king? That said if Egil despite being a bastard son will be hte heir to the throne i worry for them, as he doesnt seem fit to be a king.
5) Egil betrayed me/the player earlier, and the king didn´t care for us. Perhaps the saxons would not either, but it still shows weakness. Especially as sending Haraldsson + Sven was a horrible idea right from the beginning that obviously would had resulted in a big fight. So the king is an idiot, as they´d had needed either sigurd or the king there or one from the assembly to keep people in check alto the asembly might had been killed or bribed in that case if they had joined like a witness from them. Also While Sigurd is jsut power hungry but no smart man as a faction leader while the king is better.
6) despite many of them nto liking us, a few guys from the northvegr seem very intelligent especially the guy who remaiend calm like us and told us we were intelligent. they are good people and worth fighting for.

My problem with them is that:
1) Sigurd is part of "ragners-sons", so supporting them will be supporting him.
2)They have already shown how weak they are as they need support from many, and they are incompetent fools sending Haraldsson and Sven losing nearly all of their army fighting amongst themselves. I know historically the saxons did this aswell between 4-5 clans, but still this just shows incompetence to me when its such a dire situation.
3) They might not let me lead them, and i can not take over as long as the king is there. And further more ive no idea how they will react. i dont trust them. even tho i feel bad for not even talking to them, but i dont owe them anything as im not really part of them at all.

For the saxons i feel:

1) I dont want to support them, i want the vikings to live. However they would probably reward me very much, and perhaps i could be the king of denmark or at least have fiefs there and be the connection making sure there would be peace, or we could form a saxon-viking alliance and take over eireland and the rest of europe together. In case there would be war in the future im confient i could beat them as i´d be more organized with my vikings + bring prosperity and make them flourish with me. And as i want to take over the vikings, perhaps this is a good way of doing it as they´ve proved to be weak.
2) They would probably bring me Sven bull neck and Sigurd on a silver platter if i demand it when we win the war, and they would help me moe than by joining the danish where i would support them.
3) They are the defenders and by giving them info i could end the war quickly as i have my base of opereations aka my hideout in denmark.
4) i can become an extremly trusted vassal of them gaining lots of power.
5) it was bodo´s will to give them the letter and it was his letter.

My problem with them is that
1) I dont want to support them nor like them. My heart and blood is with the vikings and the norsemen. This a big big issue for me.  I dont want to see the vikings destroyed.
2) i dont owe bode anything, it was his fault for bringing me in this situation, yet that said here we are, being a powerful piece, perhaps i´d still be a slave without all of this had happened to motivate me to save my mother. altho i do believe i´d had done this anyway but on my terms and gained power in a smarter way.
3) I betray some very intelligent and good natured people in the northvegrs. Especially the man who told us we were intelligent despite his brothers or the other leaders not liking us. They seem to have very smart people, so its sad we have to kill them and i feel its wrong.
4) i want to take over the vikings, but perhaps they will all see me as a traitor and hate me, so it´ll be very hard to do so if we win the war and kill the kings and vassals, whos left to support us then-. We cant kill them all. and yet if we dont maybe someone will backstab us later.

I think there was alot more as i recorded my thoughts. But my conclusion was that if i could choose i´d choose the vikings/danish/northvegrs BUT, since they have sigurd and i´d support him and sven bull neck + they´ve betrayed me and just seemed incompetent and weak, joining the danish does not seem to be the way to go.

So if it was just who do you like the most or want to join it´d be an easy choice. But right now as the kingdoms are they are not the best choice, they got a bad king, and the whole problem with sigurd and sven bull neck and my mother. That makes it impossible. But remove the "story" in the game and it would be an easy choice. Altho even if iidid suport them i would want to be the king of them, not that useless king i want all the power.

Long post. No need to read it. Its just my thoughts.

Who did you choose and why? Is there any best/morally/ethically correct choice?

Back
Top Bottom