Warsword Rigale release, bugs, comments, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

gsanders

Grandmaster Knight
Here's something to play with while waiting for more patches:

SUBMOD "Warsword Rigale", a Work in Progress that probably will never be "complete".
  requires Warband v1.168; will not run on 1.158 and earlier.

make a copy of Warsword Conquest 2016  and then patch with this.
  contains all patches and code that might go into patches as of this instant on my desktop
  PLUS all sorts of stuff that may/may not go into next month's Warsword Conquest (such as Diplomacy).
  This is a Work In Progress that probably will be unsatisfying because it's not "finished".
  That said, more of it works than you might think.  You should look at the end of the thread for the latest version.

Contains changes you'll know how to work around if you bother to read the player handbook:
  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgELWNsNnJXcVJtVnc/view?usp=sharing        Player Handbook

Patch has ALL of Warsword Conquests 2016's main patches added for you:

adds fixes for bandit & bandit camps, map movement adjust, colors, some balancing from upcoming WC patch 2, etc; resolves hang after looting, resolves can't leave town issue; adds wife as companion fixes:

side effect: sometimes leaves 0 member enemy party behind

Stable: I0  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sh7GRykLgEb2dPNDVSUWhycjQ/view?usp=sharing
  As always, this absolutely not savegame compatible preview of possible future features for Warsword Conquest should be run on a copy of your Warsword Conquest folder.  Simply copy the folder and rename it to something memorable like "Warsword Rigale"
so you know which one you are selecting. 
  It patches ANY version Warsword Conquest 2016 - no patch, patch 1, and has pieces of patch 2...

I don't plan to put this on Moddb. 
  You ABSOLUTELY cant run your savegame from Warsword Conquest, the data model has everything moved around.
  Use at your own risk and comments/problems you may as well post in Rigale forum.

Warsword Conquest (the base for this) can be downloaded from:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/warsword-conquest

This patch (Warsword Rigale) has ALL patches to the base from Warsword Conquest, plus patches that haven't even gone out yet.  I'll update this weekly.

- GS

I'm dead tired I'll reply to any comments tomorrow morning. 

I put this here in case your weekend seems too quiet, but really its all experimental.  Be prepared to have to actually read the manual to make sense of what you find.

Just downloaded and will test on the weekend  :party:
I haven't hotfixed my Warsword 2016 yet, because I was/am waiting for the second hotfix. Can I still just copy your rigale patch over it, or does your submod need the hotfixed files as a base to work?

Looking forward to giving this a try :grin:

Edit: Have a well deserved good night's sleep, sir - or, you know, "good morning", depending on when you actually read this^^

Tinnudir said:
Just downloaded and will test on the weekend  :party:
I haven't hotfixed my Warsword 2016 yet, because I was/am waiting for the second hotfix. Can I still just copy your rigale patch over it, or does your submod need the hotfixed files as a base to work?

Looking forward to giving this a try :grin:

Edit: Have a well deserved good night's sleep, sir - or, you know, "good morning", depending on when you actually read this^^

Use this IN PLACE OF the normal patches.  The data model to this is totally different than the main mod.  I took all the fixes Nameless Warrior and I made to the main mod and applied it here.  I'll put special patches weekly here so this stays updated, hopefully without breaking save.  Consider them two different mods.  In fact, its useful to copy the folder for Warsword Conquest  and rename it like "Warsword Rigale" so you can keep it straight which one you are playing and which gets what patch.

Morrowind Mod Man said:
Man, I love your releases. It's especially cool how you always make a player handbook.

So I take it you're the only player for my submod.  Ehh, it could be worse I suppose.  :smile:
  At least I won't die from the same questions spammed by 20,000 zerglings that won't read.

You have two now, I will test it tomorrow when I'm having a little free time between work :smile: Thank you so much Gs, this kind of modifications make the game unique and detailed.

I like your mod tried it out for a bit yesterday, I really like the new skills and village specialities, the XP for exploration and so forth. Its certainly slower paced but that is not a bad thing.  I just can't seem to find any chaos cultists but that may just be the spawns being wrecked by the wandering parties.

Make that several guys playing your submod. I tried with first applying the base game then the patch, then your submod. Got some errors when starting a new character and some errors regarding spawning of bandits. Also seemed to have all the skills on me already.

Will try with just base game and your submod now like you said.

Liked the rpg-ish feel of it. Exploring areas a bit not just passing by without a care and the random events are nice too.

Edit: here are some issues i found so far:

Dwarf Iron Boots- Some appear invisible, i got ones that are thick and they show. But Crude and battered ones are Invisible for some reason. They have the same name and weight so i assume they are the same.

Battered Dwarven Plate Armor is also invisible. Didnt see it for any other so far.

Or this at character creation:

bU158MR.jpg

Or the Encumbrance error, before in the normal warsword with patch i got it only for skaven now i get it for dwarfs too (and beastman when i tried them with your submod, didnt play anything else so far) before and after talking to a lord (and did too for talking to dwarf deserters). After a bit more of playing seem to get it with every party i encounter before and after talking to them.

OXyGwCS.jpg

Merchant of Reyavind appears in the starting town you pick (does for Dwarfs at least)

Had No issue destroying a Chaos Dwarf Bandit lair for a quest.

Regarding Skills. Learning Companion lesson starts saying 7 hours then drops quickly to 4 then 3 then 1 hours then completes. Dont think that happened before with the first companion skill i learned.

Whats more than several, (I have just downloaded it and currently reading the manual), looks verrrry interesting  :cool:

Just another ball in the air hey, I think the days where you live must have a lot more hours in them than where I live  :wink:

Thank you for Rigale.
Bugs - Unable to find mesh DW_IronBreakerhelm,  DW_IronBreakerhelm2, DW_IronBreaker2, DW_IronBreaker_Boots.
Good luck at work.

Going well  :smile: apart from some script errors at startup, I get script errors associated with encumbrance when entering a battle, nothing serious.
When using back space in a battle, it works fine, but on using back space again to exit the map, a mini map appears top right not updating.

This is one complex super mod that seems to have everything in it, but my wife is dragging me out to visit the grandchildren, so I will report back later if I am able and fit afterwards, (They seem to think I as young and able as there dad  :roll: )

Edit: Day 16, As a mercenary for Tsardom of Kislev, Boyer Ortez has sent for me whilst waiting outside with his Lords as I cannot get into the castle he is currently in. I did report to him, but he went into his castle and we have all been waiting about 3 days in the bitter cold whilst he wines and dines inside. I can find no way to get to the Lords hall to get his quest, is this a bug.
Edit: I waited and eventually he came out, but was unaware he had sent for me, typical aristocrat  :???:

Edit: Some odd things happening Kislev disappeared in a fog of war, as did Brionne. If I go there they emerge as I approach. In the previous edit, I followed Boyer Ortez for 11 days, and even when he ceased to be Marshal the message to follow him stayed. (Edit: a new Marshal was appointed, and I got the experience points OK). In the case of Kislev, it was under siege by Sylvania, so is it magic, or a bug?

I went after the Chaos Dwarf bandit lair for Lord Malus, first time looted it fine, was rewarded by him.  I did a few other things, then took the quest from him again since Chaos Spawns Eternal (I guess).  I found the new lair, defeated it, and... no loot screen. 

The lair was still there, still coloured blue, but every time I clicked on it, I only got the lair defeat screen again, continued and exited to map again with the mission completion sound.  I turned in the mission to Lord Malus, but the lair is still there, now grey.  I tried reloading and defeating the lair again, and shutting down Warband and reloading and defeating it, and reloading from a save after it was defeated, nothing worked.  I remember something like this happening in Perisno (I think) and the word 'autoloot' being used.  It was in reference to companion loot skills though I thought, and this time the only character was mine with loot skill 5 (4 when I did the first lair that worked).

A list of bugs/annoying thing I ran in to with my Halfling CHA/INT Bard:

1. When traveling to cities I have to click once to get there and walk away and click back to enter. Not that big of a deal but when singing as a bard is a slooow income source I do a lot of clicking.

2. When I get mugged by bandits in towns at night I usually have to pay twice (and im poor as ****) as the top option fails (im gonna try and use the second option first next time despite it saying not too xD). I have no weapon to start and just got one about day 20.

3. The message box gets a little spammy at times and larger messages are hard to read before they fade. I would consider streamlining the messages about skill checks by making them say

4. The movement speed to character health relation is very interesting. Could be a problem if you lose a fight and try to retreat but are too slow.

5.The global lag is reduced certainly but their are still giant hitches when major political actions that require popups occur. Is there a way to temporarily disable these?

6. The gathering spawns appear too infrequently I feel or I fail when they do appear. I have novice in every skill. They do give very nice rewards after gathering though.

7. The bard path seems to progress VERY slowly even after grinding my way up to grand master. At that point you can spam teaching for 100-500 gold and a few re known infinitely.

EDIT: There was only one option for using my barding skills in a town. Not sure if there should be more as my rank goes up (30ish denars each time 24-hr CD).

Im going to make another character and be more warlike but try crafting along the way.

On my new warlike Kislevite:

I started with the Naptha bombs that are great but not too op

I looted a village and got a TON of resources from it (about 10k denars after sales with 5 looting and I had to leave the lowest third behind due to inv space).
No cattle follow B(

More gathering spots seemed to appear (or at least the  checks to spawn them) in this char.

Shield bash has been removed it appears.

The banners seemed mismatched for Kislev Lords (They had skaven and chaos etc.)

I successfully completed a destroy the bandit layer quest :smile: with no bugs and took another directly after which I couldn't find :sad:

My message box got overflown somehow and I had to abandon the save :sad:

Gsanders I don't comment ever but, I feel I need to say it I absolutely love your work!

Hell I think whenever I play a mod that you've worked on and eventually every submod I play it exclusively. Even if it's teeming with bugs I enjoy it. Due to me being terrible at the game I'll probably never see diplomacy beyond the world wars. But the crafting seems to be working well when I don't crit fail at every step (though I did get a really nice pair of chain boots from my persistence), the only complaint I have so far really is when I'm hurt we travel at a snails pace and those damn spider chieftains.

And lastly I love the "you wiggle the door" so I must ask who put that in? 

I've been reading your notes on your sub mod for months, and I'll be giving it a try here very soon.  Thank you for all of your work.

M3rK said:
On my new warlike Kislevite:

I started with the Naptha bombs that are great but not too op

I looted a village and got a TON of resources from it (about 10k denars after sales with 5 looting and I had to leave the lowest third behind due to inv space).
No cattle follow B(

More gathering spots seemed to appear (or at least the  checks to spawn them) in this char.

Shield bash has been removed it appears.

The banners seemed mismatched for Kislev Lords (They had skaven and chaos etc.)

I successfully completed a destroy the bandit layer quest :smile: with no bugs and took another directly after which I couldn't find :sad:

My message box got overflown somehow and I had to abandon the save :sad:

message box overflow fixes itself every 2 hours.  I'm a pessimist so I often flush and restart the buffer

GoblinXD8916 said:
Gsanders I don't comment ever but, I feel I need to say it I absolutely love your work!

Hell I think whenever I play a mod that you've worked on and eventually every submod I play it exclusively. Even if it's teeming with bugs I enjoy it. Due to me being terrible at the game I'll probably never see diplomacy beyond the world wars. But the crafting seems to be working well when I don't crit fail at every step (though I did get a really nice pair of chain boots from my persistence), the only complaint I have so far really is when I'm hurt we travel at a snails pace and those damn spider chieftains.

And lastly I love the "you wiggle the door" so I must ask who put that in? 

Answer:
This was my attempt to fix the "can't leave town" bug so I wanted different text to show it reached a different menu state.
It didn't fix the issue, but I'll keep trying.  If you cant leave town go to tavern (or castle, or city streets - any "scene", and press Esc key choose save game and exit, now load save and the game continues.  There is 100% some queued up time wasting event that was stuck now counting down correctly when this happens.
- GS

Back
Top Bottom