SP Dark Ages [VC] [Submod] Sword and Shield Version 3.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Uhhh... The txt files would show up as different in a comparison wouldn't they? size/time/date etc

Anyhow, it's been a few days, I'm wondering if its a matter of time for him or he's having issues.

so you're telling me a proper batch file comparison program would not catch difference in two files even with the same size? Seriously? for exsample, notpad++ does have scripting and a varriety of compare plugins? https://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-compare/

furthermore if he didn't modify a text file and didn't include it in the zip, it would still be broken? What?

Carrion said:
furthermore if he didn't modify a text file and didn't include it in the zip, it would still be broken? What?

yes, because we are not talking about merging text files, but about compiled code source that reflects a close engine API. But that is off topic, if you want to learn more visit the Forge and study the compiler, the source is available with the game modules.

Carrion said:
kale, i'm on windows 10 64bit by the way, I'm wondering if there are old files in your viking conquest directory that allow it to work for you but a fresh install non beta, 2.023 as described does not work.

I hope you find time this weekend!

Thanks

When I updated the mod for 2.023, I uninstalled and deleted all Warband files. I then reinstalled and updated the mod for 2.023. So, it may have to do with previous mod versions that I worked off to update to 3.0, but I doubt it. I thoroughly played and tested before publishing, I even had to re compile the music files.

Carrion said:
Kale, run a comparison with a vanilla VC module folder and pick out all the files that were changed, then zip them up in the proper directories. Once we get a hold on what your mod consists of and how its structured we can start to help bug hunt and add compatibiltiy with other mods and concepts!

Not how the system works... When you edit Module files, you know the code and what your changing, and I always keep backups. But I recently uploaded my module folder, so ploping that in your WB modules folder might work, I mean it's my own custom VC game, and my mod is working for me. Also, in another post you said you were running win 10 64 bit, same OS I'm running. Are you by chance using an nvidia card or amd? It doesn't matter what type of card, just the brand.

Carrion said:
Uhhh... The txt files would show up as different in a comparison wouldn't they? size/time/date etc

Anyhow, it's been a few days, I'm wondering if its a matter of time for him or he's having issues.

As far as time goes, I've got a few days, then I'm off to summer vacation. I can still reply and talk to other users, but I won't have my PC with me so I won't be able to change or edit txt files and such.

Carrion said:
Fresh install, fresh download, fresh settings, fresh sandbox

https://s32.postimg.org/wqqvx9c79/derp.png

https://s32.postimg.org/h6lsv36wl/derp.png

same issues, i ono ?  :cry:

Hey carrion, just wanted to add on the second photo (the red script error on map) is that the error is harmless, it's a script error and generally most script errors are harmless, though they are annoying. It's an issue that plagues most mods and native itself, so I hope this helps. As far as the village UI and such goes, is abnormal.

Awesome, thanks kale,  I am running a gtx 980. I got it downloaded this morning and tested it out really quick before going to work, looks like its good to go. I ll start a new game tonight and do a test run, let you know if i find any bugs, before starting my campaign.

thanks again

Carrion said:
Awesome, thanks kale,  I am running a gtx 980. I got it downloaded this morning and tested it out really quick before going to work, looks like its good to go. I ll start a new game tonight and do a test run, let you know if i find any bugs, before starting my campaign.

thanks again

No problem man, it was easy  :smile:. I thought that a GPUs different than nvidia may have caused graphical erorrs, but you have the same GPU as me so I can rule that out. Anyways, let me know if you have anymore problems, I'm happy to help.

Thanks, Kale.

I don't see any real major bugs except known 2.023 bugs, I am seeing the occasional unarmed opponent though specifically brigands during the attack bandit stronghold missions. It could use a bit of a double check on the balance, archery feels kind of op.

Carrion said:
I don't see any real major bugs except known 2.023 bugs, I am seeing the occasional unarmed opponent though specifically brigands during the attack bandit stronghold missions. It could use a bit of a double check on the balance, archery feels kind of op.

I'll start a playthrough to check on the balance. The archery in my mod is designed to where unarmored men will go down to two or one shot to arrows, as it was historically. I felt this was ok considering that most troops in the game have shields, the damage is cutting not piercing (unless you have bodkin arrows or something akin to that, bodkin is a steel tipped arrow, designed to pierce mail) it's cutting damage as pierce would make you be able to kill armored targets to easily. As far as unarmed opponents go, I believe it's an issue in the vanilla DLC. Before I made this mod I always saw the bug and it bothered me, I believe it has something to do with the weapon breaking system and the ai not switching weapons. Could be something else, though. Anyways hope this explains some things  :smile:

Carrion said:

Just added a new update that nerfs archery a bit and fixes the invisible beserkr/ulfheddin bug.

Yea it was definitely improved, there should be a very small chance that an shielded opponent can withstand 2 arrows! I really enjoyed my last play through,  thank you so much kale!

Now that 2.025 tweeks are out can we possibly get a refresh?

Carrion said:
Yea it was definitely improved, there should be a very small chance that an shielded opponent can withstand 2 arrows! I really enjoyed my last play through,  thank you so much kale!

Now that 2.025 tweeks are out can we possibly get a refresh?

Once 2.025 is out of beta I will for sure update the mod to be compatible with the most recent VC patch tweaks. I'm glad you enjoyed the new arrow rebalance, the main reason Sword and Shield was made was to improve the balance of the game, and I'm glad I've accomplished that. Thanks!  :smile:

Sword and Shield V. 3.4 from 4.10.2016 is compatible with VC 2.025, right?
Because, i use your Mod V.3.4 with Dark Age mod and Items + many own fixes and changes and it works just fine, for me so far. Is there something "special" where i should look at to see, that your mod works just fine or not? Like a known Bug, for VC 2.025.

HooTmAn said:

it works fine with the art assets (graphics, sounds, musics), but all the bug fixes for 2.024 and 2.025 are not included.

see the thread for 2.025 release for the patch notes if you want the list

HooTmAn said:
Because, i use your Mod V.3.4 with Dark Age mod and Items + many own fixes and changes and it works just fine, for me so far. Is there something "special" where i should look at to see, that your mod works just fine or not? Like a known Bug, for VC 2.025.

Yeah the mod is compatible but basically the latest version of Sword and Shield doesn't include the 2.025 tweaks/updates, it just reverts to 2.023. It should be easy for me to Sword and Shield compatible with 2.025 when I get the time. As far as Dark Age goes, I've been considering making a patch for it and putting it in the optional files, some people have requested this. Anyway hope this clears some things up!

Back
Top Bottom