Author Topic: [Submod] Sword and Shield Version 3.0  (Read 16350 times)

Carrion

• Regular
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Re: [Submod] Sword and Shield Version 3.0
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2016, 12:41:28 AM »
I don't see any real major bugs except known 2.023 bugs, I am seeing the occasional unarmed opponent though specifically brigands during the attack bandit stronghold missions. It could use a bit of a double check on the balance, archery feels kind of op.

Kale3

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2016, 09:25:50 PM »
I don't see any real major bugs except known 2.023 bugs, I am seeing the occasional unarmed opponent though specifically brigands during the attack bandit stronghold missions. It could use a bit of a double check on the balance, archery feels kind of op.

I'll start a playthrough to check on the balance. The archery in my mod is designed to where unarmored men will go down to two or one shot to arrows, as it was historically. I felt this was ok considering that most troops in the game have shields, the damage is cutting not piercing (unless you have bodkin arrows or something akin to that, bodkin is a steel tipped arrow, designed to pierce mail) it's cutting damage as pierce would make you be able to kill armored targets to easily. As far as unarmed opponents go, I believe it's an issue in the vanilla DLC. Before I made this mod I always saw the bug and it bothered me, I believe it has something to do with the weapon breaking system and the ai not switching weapons. Could be something else, though. Anyways hope this explains some things  :)

Kale3

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2016, 05:36:11 PM »

Just added a new update that nerfs archery a bit and fixes the invisible beserkr/ulfheddin bug.

Carrion

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2016, 09:01:00 PM »
Yea it was definitely improved, there should be a very small chance that an shielded opponent can withstand 2 arrows! I really enjoyed my last play through,  thank you so much kale!

Now that 2.025 tweeks are out can we possibly get a refresh?

Kale3

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2016, 09:27:15 PM »
Yea it was definitely improved, there should be a very small chance that an shielded opponent can withstand 2 arrows! I really enjoyed my last play through,  thank you so much kale!

Now that 2.025 tweeks are out can we possibly get a refresh?

Once 2.025 is out of beta I will for sure update the mod to be compatible with the most recent VC patch tweaks. I'm glad you enjoyed the new arrow rebalance, the main reason Sword and Shield was made was to improve the balance of the game, and I'm glad I've accomplished that. Thanks!  :)

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
  • Use Q&A thread, not a PM :)
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2016, 09:40:00 PM »
Once 2.025 is out of beta

EDIT: 6 Sept. 2016: the update has been released

already is

Kale3

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2016, 09:56:59 PM »
Once 2.025 is out of beta

EDIT: 6 Sept. 2016: the update has been released

already is

That's good to know. I'll get to it when I can.

HooTmAn

• Squire
  • From Dusk Till Dawn!
    • View Profile
    • Blood Eagle
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: HooTmAn
  • WBNWVC
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2016, 11:52:00 AM »
Sword and Shield V. 3.4 from 4.10.2016 is compatible with VC 2.025, right?
Because, i use your Mod V.3.4 with Dark Age mod and Items + many own fixes and changes and it works just fine, for me so far. Is there something "special" where i should look at to see, that your mod works just fine or not? Like a known Bug, for VC 2.025.

kalarhan

• Python Saint
  • Count
  • Use Q&A thread, not a PM :)
    • View Profile
  • WBNWVCWF&S
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2016, 12:56:04 PM »

it works fine with the art assets (graphics, sounds, musics), but all the bug fixes for 2.024 and 2.025 are not included.

see the thread for 2.025 release for the patch notes if you want the list

Kale3

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2016, 05:03:58 PM »
Because, i use your Mod V.3.4 with Dark Age mod and Items + many own fixes and changes and it works just fine, for me so far. Is there something "special" where i should look at to see, that your mod works just fine or not? Like a known Bug, for VC 2.025.

Yeah the mod is compatible but basically the latest version of Sword and Shield doesn't include the 2.025 tweaks/updates, it just reverts to 2.023. It should be easy for me to Sword and Shield compatible with 2.025 when I get the time. As far as Dark Age goes, I've been considering making a patch for it and putting it in the optional files, some people have requested this. Anyway hope this clears some things up!

HooTmAn

• Squire
  • From Dusk Till Dawn!
    • View Profile
    • Blood Eagle
  • WBNWVC
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2016, 11:02:28 AM »

Edit: Thank you both for an answer. Ok yeah, that's what i kind of tought. Because i see 2.023 at the main menu, i already had mods showing an older version than they actually had.

HooTmAn

• Squire
  • From Dusk Till Dawn!
    • View Profile
    • Blood Eagle
  • WBNWVC
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2016, 05:54:01 PM »
A Patch for both would be nice. Or i hope you like the version i gave you. I would like to do a proper little Mod with a graphic, adio/music alternatives with your help, Mod for this DLC. I really like the "fixed PolishedLandscapes" i did, too. So far i enjoy all the stuff, mods in "my Version" much. :)