SP Dark Ages [VC] [Submod] Sword and Shield Version 3.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Kale3

Regular
Hello everyone, this mod is now deficient due to a new and much more grand and impressive overhaul mod, Blood Eagle. http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/6139/? <- link to Blood Eagle

hey @Kale3,

1) remember to update your thread title: [Submod] Yyyyy (released 1.0), example: [Submod] Sword and Shield 3 (released 3.0)
--> that way you can keep patch notes for version 3.01, 3.02, 3.1, etc in case of bugfixes/new addons

2) include which version is it based from. I suppose its 2.023 as you used the Tweaks Tool.
--> this is important, as the next VC patch (2.025, etc) will bring bug fixes for the vanilla game

3) You said you are cool with sub-submods, so it would be nice if you included the modules with your download or fork the Tool project on Github (supposing you did all your work with the source this time, and not a mix of .txt and .py)

4) PM the dev moderator asking to update the thread that lists mods: @CeltiberoCaesar
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323702.0.html

And congratz on the newest release!

Regarding work from Ramin djawadi. Have you asked permission to use this stuff? Doesn't all his music have to be paid for meaning its not really legit using his music in freely distributed mods?

Firstly, readme is empty, secondly it seem u changed stat u gain from diffrent backgrounds..it seems to not even seem to be small tweaks but big changes...got 13str 9int when "i was suppose" to get 7str 13int.. woud be helpful if this info was here somewere.

Also...alot of items have reading % left 798694 and some items have req 704590 int to read...like helmets etc..will uninstall and recheck when bugs are fixed

bijat said:
Firstly, readme is empty, secondly it seem u changed stat u gain from diffrent backgrounds..it seems to not even seem to be small tweaks but big changes...got 13str 9int when "i was suppose" to get 7str 13int.. woud be helpful if this info was here somewere.

Also...alot of items have reading % left 798694 and some items have req 704590 int to read...like helmets etc..will uninstall and recheck when bugs are fixed

Interesting, are you sure you installed this right? I've been playing for quite awhile and haven't found any of these issues, nor has anyone else posted about it.

Main menu background is cropped to only be 4:3 ratio so there are black bars on the side. The pause exit menu is to dark of a background and i cant read the menu options. First town I went to had all the interaction options from the "scenic menu" mixed up and labeled wrong ... so instead of recruit it said attack bandits, etc

---- later on ----

Ive made 5 attempts to get this mod to function properly, no dice. Are you sure you've got this working 100%?

--- later later on ----

Honestly dude, you really need to fix your instructions, being that the BETA is nessisary for this to work

Carrion said:
Main menu background is cropped to only be 4:3 ratio so there are black bars on the side. The pause exit menu is to dark of a background and i cant read the menu options. First town I went to had all the interaction options from the "scenic menu" mixed up and labeled wrong ... so instead of recruit it said attack bandits, etc

---- later on ----

Ive made 5 attempts to get this mod to function properly, no dice. Are you sure you've got this working 100%?

--- later later on ----

Honestly dude, you really need to fix your instructions, being that the BETA is nessisary for this to work

Carrion, Sorry, to be honest I haven't been checking the forum recently. Anyways, I'll look into this, my bet is that the VC devs made a new update, that always seems to mess up the mods UI. I'll let the thread know when a fix is up.

Sorry for the late reply man.

No worries kale, Thanks for taking the time, if you need help testing just throw up a shout out. I don't know if the Module has been updated or what changed, I found the release version to be less functional then the beta version?!

Thanks again, Good luck!

Carrion,

Carrion said:
No worries kale, Thanks for taking the time, if you need help testing just throw up a shout out. I don't know if the Module has been updated or what changed, I found the release version to be less functional then the beta version?!

Thanks again, Good luck!

Carrion,

Carrion, are you by chance using the VC beta update?

Carrion said:

Thanks again, Good luck!

Carrion,

Hmm. Just tested on 2.023. Worked fine for me, OS can cause problems with my mod due to different file formats, Or you using mac or linux, I'm using a windows 10 and it seems to be working for me.

I'm redownloading and retrying right now.

Last time I tried I tried pretty much every varriation, non beta, beta, other tweeks, etc.

fresh install, verfied cache

Fresh install, fresh download, fresh settings, fresh sandbox

https://s32.postimg.org/wqqvx9c79/derp.png

https://s32.postimg.org/h6lsv36wl/derp.png

same issues, i ono ?  :cry:

Unfortunately this mode is utterly messed up, even for 2.023 patch version on Win 7 x64. It feels as tho it's missing a bunch of files. Are you sure you have included EVERYTHING that's necessary for this to work properly? Most of the menus are totally ****ed up. Even when I was making a character the description of your choices that you see on the right was completely gone! Every time I enter the inventory or character screen I get multiple error message pop-ups. Here's a few screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/fyQfj

Kale3 said:
Hmm. Just tested on 2.023.

To provide a download you should include:

all .txt files
module.ini
.fx files
any resources you changes (music, BRF, textures, language, etc)

In short, all files on your module main folder. About 40 of them. Zip them together and you will avoid problems with the vanilla game version.

kale, i'm on windows 10 64bit by the way, I'm wondering if there are old files in your viking conquest directory that allow it to work for you but a fresh install non beta, 2.023 as described does not work.

I hope you find time this weekend!

Thanks

kalarhan said:
Kale3 said:
Hmm. Just tested on 2.023.

To provide a download you should include:

all .txt files
module.ini
.fx files
any resources you changes (music, BRF, textures, language, etc)

In short, all files on your module main folder. About 40 of them. Zip them together and you will avoid problems with the vanilla game version.

Well, I was going to do that originally, but I figured since it was a dlc, it would practically be getting the dlc for free.

Templar_Maluxul said:
Unfortunately this mode is utterly messed up, even for 2.023 patch version on Win 7 x64. It feels as tho it's missing a bunch of files. Are you sure you have included EVERYTHING that's necessary for this to work properly? Most of the menus are totally ****ed up. Even when I was making a character the description of your choices that you see on the right was completely gone! Every time I enter the inventory or character screen I get multiple error message pop-ups. Here's a few screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/fyQfj
Carrion said:
Fresh install, fresh download, fresh settings, fresh sandbox

https://s32.postimg.org/wqqvx9c79/derp.png

https://s32.postimg.org/h6lsv36wl/derp.png

same issues, i ono ?  :cry:

Alright, I will post my entire module folder. It should work as I'm having no problems at all with my mod. It'll be up on nexus ASAP.

Kale3 said:
Alright, I will post my entire module folder. It should work as I'm having no problems at all with my mod. It'll be up on nexus ASAP.

I don't think you understood my post. I was talking about the text files on the main folder (about 10 MB), not the entire thingy (Giga+).
^ anyone can download the entire game from TW, so you are OK including all files on your mod as well (as long you follow the EULA for submods)

It is safer to publish your entire module (to prevent issues with BRFs, textures, etc), but you can manage without it. In the other hand the text files are mandatory for tech reasons on how the engine (Warband API) works.

All text files (scripts.txt, strings.txt, ...), the module.ini, .fx, ... on a ZIP file... it should be about 2 MB. Also you will include your own assets (music, textures, etc) of course.

Kale, run a comparison with a vanilla VC module folder and pick out all the files that were changed, then zip them up in the proper directories. Once we get a hold on what your mod consists of and how its structured we can start to help bug hunt and add compatibiltiy with other mods and concepts!

Back
Top Bottom