Cordon Sanitaire: Play-by-Post RP Interest Check/OCC WIP!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Name: Cassandra Gava

Nationality: Swedish passport

Experience: Veteran

Appearance: 3rd generation daughter of Mongolian immigrants in Sweden, Cassandra still maintains an exotic appearance. Standing at exactly 170 cm tall, she appears to be of a typical Mesomorph build - fit, somewhat slim, with extremely long dark brown hair, usually kept in an elaborate braid. Her eyes are brown and her complexion pale.
Face:
yXmgL.jpg
Hair:
b1Pbd.jpg

Personality: Cassandra comes across as sombre and quiet, even cold.

Talents: Cassandra has a good knowledge of various plants and herbs, alongside with rudimentary first-aid and healing skills. Over the years, she has had to defend herself on occasion, so she can operate a rifle and how to swing a knife.

Biography: Cassandra was born in 2036, which spared her from the first MORS outbreak but ensured that her childhood, even in prosperous Sweden, was marked by poverty, austerity and frugality. As a little girl, she was taught how to make small traps to catch rabbits and squirrels that were prolific in the forests of northern Sweden. As the general situation in Europe and Sweden became worse and worse, she experienced the growing racism first hand, which led her embrace alternative sub-cultures instead of the mainstream. This was how she found out the neo-pagan Wiccans, with whom she could escape from the daily toil required for survival and from the increasingly rigid gender roles.

While she occasionally entertained thoughts of marrying and settling down, the bitter jealousy of the local blonds and the mundane racism she encountered on a daily basis made her forget that and to embrace fully the emerging role of a village soothsayer and lay healer, taking a larger role in her Wiccan coven as well. After years of often uneasy cohabitation, she was eventually accused of withcraft. Barely escaping the zealous fanatics, she made her way south, hoping that things would be better in more civilized parts of Europe. So far, she has been disillusioned, repeatedly, and the villages of Couilly-Pont-aux-Dames are just the latest stop on her aimless wandering. She has picked up bits of German, Dutch and French as she travels, earning her living through soothsaying, healing the minor ailments of the locals, and utilizing her hunting and trapping skills when no settlements were near.

Equipment: A rabbit skin satchel containing her medical equipment - gauze and other bandages, natural remedies like specific bark and berries, a surgery-level scalpel, scissors, number of actual drugs like antibiotics. A dark-green Fjällräven backpack containing two spare sets of clothes, a Trangia set for cooking, a sleeping bag, a crank flashlight, and ammunition for her .22LR Sako rifle plus a cleaning kit. A hunting/working knife "puukko" and a Leatherman multitool carried on her belt.

Worn: Brown hiking boots, forest camo trousers with side pockets, a brown leather belt, dark green hiking jacket with multiple pockets and grey fur lining covering the neck and wrists, black leather gloves, a wolf fur hat.

Weapons: Sako Finnfire .22LR hunting rifle with a rugged x2 optical scope. Basic knife.

Miscellaneous: Filling this in later if/when necessary.

Welcome fellow Swede.  :iamamoron:

Talking to Gamma via Skype about our characters, atm looks like we'll be rolling with some Slavic knights on a quest for the Holy Grail.

I'll be tinkering with my CS, but don't expect anything until after Friday (****ing finals week, yo).

If and when IA gets back to me, the appearance will change as he has some nice stuff that's more personalized. That's basically the character I was going to play in your campaign Ulf, ported to modernity and without the magical aspects.

Name: Eirik Vatna Thorstensen

Nationality: Northern Norwegian/part Sami.

Experience: Veteran

Appearance: Tall and broad, standing at 1.92m with thick shoulders, toned arms and weathered skin pocked with scars, especially a long one running down his jawline from his ear to his chin. Dark blond hair pulled back in a short ponytail and a thick handlebar mustache. Both with premature streaks of grey. His arms and torso are covered in tattoos. Many obviously home-made, depicting anything from classic burning skull motives and anchors to norse runes, snippets of verses, chains, a swirling ivy down his left arm, and inbetween the leaves, the name Aishah in small, barely noticeable letters. Has a slight limp, but doesn't seem hindered by it to any significant degree.

Personality: Can seem callous and blustering at first glance. But shows deep personal warmth and a caring nature once someone's "in the pack". Fiercely tribalistic in nature, loud, bordering on raucous, uncouth and irreverent. He often puts people who don't know him off with his brash nature. In spite of this he is slow to anger, and trying to argue with him can be like "shouting at a rock" as his mother once said. But once his fury is unleashed it's a terrifying spectacle. Chain-smokes his roll-up cigarettes from he wakes up til he goes to sleep.

Talents: Good driver, decent mechanic, superb boatsman, and a disastrously terrible cook. Knows well how to fish, and to a lesser extent hunt. Capable marksman, though not outstanding. His intuitive mechanical understanding also makes him a decent gunsmith. Nearly unbeatable in a direct physical confrontation both due to size, strength and experience.
Speaks and reads Norwegian and English fluently. Passable German and Russian.

Biography: Born on Herøy in the Northern Norwegian coastal region known as Helgeland to a fisherman. It wasd remote enough for them not to be affected much by the troubles during his early childhood. And he had an unusually "normal" upbringing. But when he was thirteen his father was lost during a fearsome storm in the north sea. At the same time the growing influx of refugees, and the government trying to alleviate pressure on the urban centres by spreading them out across the country, brought the first cases of the various pandemics to his home town. His mother succumbed to a suspected case of Cincinnati flu the following winter, and he was sent off to an institution in Bodø. He spent the next three years being shuffled between different orphanages and other institutions, including several stints of juvenile detention, due to increasingly difficult and often violent bahaviour. Until he finally escaped and began living on the, by then, rather dangerous streets of Oslo.

He first made his living pickpocketing on the Metro, breaking into cars, mugging fellow teenagers and other petty crime. He also came into contact with heavy drugs. His surprising rescue from a presumable fate of OD'ing in a backalley at seventeen came through one of the Neo-nazi groups that had become gradually more prevalent and numerous during the last years. He was already a prime candidate for recruitment into such extremist environments both due to lack of a social network, and the fact that in his adolescent mind the immigrants were directly responsible for his mother's death and all his ensuing misery. The group who picked him up were an offshoot of the Vigrid organisation. A group identifying heavily with old norse mythology and symbology, coupled with barely veiled neo-nazi doctrines. He got clean of drugs, moved into a collective with several other members, and was put to work in a garage owned by one of the senior members. He was also active in the unofficial vigilante activities such groups had begun performing. When the second great Mors epidemic hit four years later he had risen to become one of the main liutenants in the group that now largely controlled most of central and eastern Oslo, as well as a prominent member of a local biker gang affiliated with the organisation and functioning as its strong-arm. They worked actively to keep foreigners contained in almost ghetto-like sectors, all the time fighting downright street-wars with the Albanian, Vietnamese and Pakistani gang elements in the areas. Policing the areas they controlled themselves in what was pretty much death-squads in all but name. That was when he met Aishah. A girl of fourth generation Pakistani descent, she was educated as an intensive-care nurse and had worked at the national university hospital until the area got red-flagged by the government and was cordoned off. She was living with her parents in one of the ghettos at the time. Through some quirk of fate they fell deeply in love, though they both had to hide it from their respective circles. She forced him to reevaluate all his core beliefs and the entire way he lived his life. They lived together secretly for almost two years, while Erik began to try his best to instead work within his own group for the betterment of the non-ethnic and immigrant population in his sectors, earning their respect and gratitude. Eventually he decided it was time to try to leave the organisation alltogether. But this was not exactly well received. One night his flat was broken into and he was beat mercilessly to the brink of death and dumped in a public square as a warning with the words "blood traitor" carved into his arm. He awoke several weeks later in an ICU. He quickly found his flat had been all but stripped, all his friends were now enemies, and Aishah was gone. After arduous searching he learned from a friend of her brothers that her parents had panicked when he turned up almost dead and decided Oslo was no longer safe for them. They'd cleared out all their accounts and fled southwards to the continent. Likely hoping to escape direct reprisals from Vigrid.

At first he decided it was for the better. And that she was likely better off in any case. But as two more years passed and society and central authority gradually collapsed ever more, even in Norway, he decided there was no longer anything holding him there. The few friends he'd had outside the organisation had either died or left seeking better fortunes elsewhere. The winters were getting ever worse by the year, and his continued work against his old group was becoming ever more difficult. One crisp autumn morning he loaded what belongings he had onto his saddlebags and set off along the now largely dilapidated motorways for the continent to search for Aishah. There'd been years since any of the ferry lines were still operational, so he had to take the long route through Sweden, Finland Russia and the Baltics. On the way he supported himself by taking odd-jobs as a guard/bouncer for local establishments, protecting supply routes and various other "dirty" jobs. He was able to utilise some contacts he'd made in the biker community to get these. As well as one-off gigs as enforcer or the like. Due to the harsh winters and dangerous roads he ended up getting endlessly sidetracked and delayed. As well as with regular intervals losing hope in his mission and abandoning it for longer periods of time. He stayed for nearly three years in St. Petersburg working for an old associate, Dima Karazinsky who'd also turned his back on the neo-nazi community. There he got embroiled in what was only a marginally short of a small war, where paramilitary elements of Karazinsky's aid-organisation fought biterly to protect non-ethnics against an ultranationalist neo-fascist splinter faction of the Russian army who'd more-or-less taken over running the city under a brutally enforced "martial law". In the end he wound up having to flee the city after nearly all of his comrades were massacred. He started drifting from town to town, gradually gravitating towards the west. The next few years were largely uneventful. He drifted from town to town, city to city along the gradually crumbling highways. Some times searching for word of Aishah and her family, albeit with a little less hope each year. And some times simply trying to stay alive.

In his search for word of Aishah he gained a lot of experience getting in and out of red-zones. Since he knew she'd be trying to apply her medical knowledge for the betterment of the afflicted. And he eventually built something of a reputation for being able to smuggle uninfected people in and out of them. Which he began to see as a sort of calling, to repent for all the atrocities he helped commit in his youth. Then one day on one of these gigs helping a young couple with a child out of a red zone near Salzburg, they told him of a charming "Indian looking" woman who had saved the girl from bleeding out during childbirth. And her description was very much like how he remembered Aishah. They said she'd been forcibly evacuated with the rest of the medical staff once the zone went red. And that they'd heard from one of the doctors that they'd likely be relocated to France. Eirik wasted no time thundering off westwards. Eventually ending up in Couilly-Pont-aux-Dames, on the eastern outskirts of Paris.

Equipment:

Worn:
- Steel toed biker boots.
- Patchwork motorcycle armour.
- Dark brown utility-cargo trousers with lots of extra pockets.
- Old Lynrd Skynrd t-shirt.
- Practical leather jacket with even more pockets.
- *Woolen insulating underwear.
- *Thick knitted wool sweater.
- *Old Russian "bear ****" hat.
- Bandana.
- Home-made studded boar-neck leather vambraces.
- Belt attached water canteen.
- Thigh-strap bag. (If anyone wonders what this is either google it or ask me to show you)
*(For winter. Kept in backpack at other times).

Weapons:
- Mauser K-98 with a rusted old spring bayonet.
- Sig P229 and a ****ty "soda can suppressor".
- Remington M870 sawn off and mounted to holster on motorcycle.
- SOG survival tomahawk.
- Buck knife.
- Smaller utility/survival knife.

Miscellaneous:
- Vintage 2026 H-power Yamaha V-Max motorcycle.
- Small portable ammo-loading kit including various scavenged brass, powder, bullet molds etc.
- Various ammunition.
- Small toolkit for his bike.
- Military-grade gas/breathing mask with several disposable filters.
- Several extra canteens of water.
- Assortment of protein bars and other non-degradable food supplies.
- Bio-lite camp stove.
- Old mp3 player.
I'll ikely add more stuff as I think of it.

It was good. I'll be left with a good deal of planning once we get a couple more characters in, but I think I'm getting a vibe for what will be needed out of my character as an antagonist based on what I've seen so far.

Hmm... I'm trying to think of possible character ideas. I'm thinking either a Venetian crossbow-woman, or an indeterminate character of Moroccan heritage. Any thoughts on those, or other possibilities? Still trying to get a feel for the world and how interactions between people and societies would go, so my thoughts are still veryyyy sketchy.

Almalexia said:
Hmm... I'm trying to think of possible character ideas. I'm thinking either a Venetian crossbow-woman, or an indeterminate character of Moroccan heritage. Any thoughts on those, or other possibilities? Still trying to get a feel for the world and how interactions between people and societies would go, so my thoughts are still veryyyy sketchy.

Both sound pretty cool to be honest.  :razz:

Crossbow-woman would probably have an easier time in France.

Alright, I'm going with Venetian crossbow gal! Should have the character bio soonish. Btw, as a worldbuilding exercise I've been developing the history of Italy since the beginning of the plague, the formation of its successor states, and the current socio-political situation in the Peninsula, but I 1) wanted to get this approved by you before I do anything major with it, and 2) realized I had a bunch of ideas that go beyond my character's immediate setting, and if you want I'd love to assist you with building the rest of the world and formalizing ideas on the state of society and politics.

I'd also vouch for Rallix if anyone wants/needs to discuss firearms, we've had a lovely conversation tonight regarding what makes sense for my character.

Almalexia said:
Alright, I'm going with Venetian crossbow gal! Should have the character bio soonish. Btw, as a worldbuilding exercise I've been developing the history of Italy since the beginning of the plague, the formation of its successor states, and the current socio-political situation in the Peninsula, but I 1) wanted to get this approved by you before I do anything major with it, and 2) realized I had a bunch of ideas that go beyond my character's immediate setting, and if you want I'd love to assist you with building the rest of the world and formalizing ideas on the state of society and politics.
:smile: All ideas and help is welcome.

Your CS is absolutely fine. :grin: As is everything else I've read. I see no reason to change anything yet. I'll add each to the CS thread when you are happy with your respective ones.

Hitting up the thread to stay apprised. So far it looks good. Especially with no Swede to drag their allen keys while assembling their RP.

I don't own any Ikea furniture, nor do I plan on ever buying any!

I'm...I'm Sorry. That was unnecessarily hateful. Please apologize to Ingvar on my behalf. Tell him I'll enter a store for one of those midsummer Smörgåsbords they run, and consume at least seven köttbullar to his health.

Back
Top Bottom