• River Village

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • Legacy Plains, EW!

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Other: POST WHAT OTHER MAP!

Votes: 13 21.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

River village is more of a closed map to me considering two of the spawns require an intense inf fight to win the map. Even the third spawn is barely in the open.

Open Plains is boring.

Played hundreds of matches on it. Put rock in middle of flat map.

Not saying Legacy is much different but there is a bit more variety and it's also newer. #KeepPlains

People seem to be missing the point of having maps like open plains, legacy plains, and hell even random plains. These maps serve purely to test each team's cavalry skills, including being able to protect any foot units if the team chooses to field them, and to a lesser extent range skills, as well as how well infantry and cav avoid danger with almost zero cover. To me, river village is a little more of a mixed map, like FBTR and ruins, than purely open because it is really not "open", in my definition of the word, when you still have plenty of cover and using evenly mixed units is still a viable tactic. That may be just my old competitive-NA way of thinking, but that's how I see it.

open plains legacy plains random plains retarded plains same sh*t, sh*t maps and who ever wanna play in those maps that guy is noob

I always enjoy the plains maps since I like cav v cav but can't deny that there is no strategy that goes into it, I have pretty much never seen a team that plays anything else than all cav do good besides maybe sending an archer as bait

Kelquethas said:
Personally I like playing an actual open map and not these mixed/closed fake open maps

giphy.gif

22nd_Can said:
I always enjoy the plains maps since I like cav v cav but can't deny that there is no strategy that goes into it, I have pretty much never seen a team that plays anything else than all cav do good besides maybe sending an archer as bait

I pretty much agree with Can, I like cav v cav a lot but aside from that the map literally offers nothing sure it's an actual open map but actual open maps aren't actually good...

the only reason maps like open plains was so liked back in the days was because it was all based on skill, not some retarded strategy and gimmick. It was purely who played better won, where today with MoTF the way it works and all these closed maps advertised as closed you can because more skilled team if you have a better strat and execution. However I am not for or against this map but curious to see how well it will go with the new motf ways.

#ruinsforlife

Balion Zero said:
the only reason maps like open plains was so liked back in the days was because it was all based on skill, not some retarded strategy and gimmick. It was purely who played better won, where today with MoTF the way it works and all these closed maps advertised as closed you can because more skilled team if you have a better strat and execution. However I am not for or against this map but curious to see how well it will go with the new motf ways.

#ruinsforlife
So strategy and coordination aren't skill? Should people win based solely off mechanics, which tend to be the MOST gimmicky (super feint spam, hilt slashin, etc).

Balion Zero said:
where today with MoTF the way it works and all these closed maps advertised as closed you can because more skilled team if you have a better strat and execution.

can you elaborate please

Some people enjoy the combined arms approach Warband has, with infantry cav and archers all interacting in a complicated manner with strategy and composition all playing a role. Some people like to go cav and move in a circle while stabbing and couching.

I'm not going to say who is more correct. But it's the former.

Back
Top Bottom