DOWN WITH LEGACY PLAINS!

River Village
28 (44.4%)
Legacy Plains, EW!
22 (34.9%)
Other: POST WHAT OTHER MAP!
13 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: DOWN WITH LEGACY PLAINS!  (Read 17848 times)

Balion Zero

• Master Knight
    • Steam - vrdorjo
    • Twitch.tv - balionzero
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
  • MP nick: Balion_Veteran_Zero
  • WBWF&S
Re: DOWN WITH LEGACY PLAINS!
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2016, 11:27:55 PM »
the only reason maps like open plains was so liked back in the days was because it was all based on skill, not some retarded strategy and gimmick. It was purely who played better won, where today with MoTF the way it works and all these closed maps advertised as closed you can because more skilled team if you have a better strat and execution. However I am not for or against this map but curious to see how well it will go with the new motf ways.

#ruinsforlife

Courtney

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Rebel_Courtney
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2016, 11:51:29 PM »

warpathz

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rhodok
  • MP nick: TMW_Warpath
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2016, 11:58:09 PM »
the only reason maps like open plains was so liked back in the days was because it was all based on skill, not some retarded strategy and gimmick. It was purely who played better won, where today with MoTF the way it works and all these closed maps advertised as closed you can because more skilled team if you have a better strat and execution. However I am not for or against this map but curious to see how well it will go with the new motf ways.

#ruinsforlife
So strategy and coordination aren't skill? Should people win based solely off mechanics, which tend to be the MOST gimmicky (super feint spam, hilt slashin, etc).

ClockWise

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: TMW_Sentinel_ClockWise
  • WB
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 12:00:54 AM »
where today with MoTF the way it works and all these closed maps advertised as closed you can because more skilled team if you have a better strat and execution.

can you elaborate please
Tea-Em-Double U

Quote from: SotaMursu
SotaMursu: TRAIN HARD N NOLYF OR BANED FROM KLANY NOOBSHITS

OurGloriousLeader

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Джейми Лий Петри
    • Twitter - @OGL_MnB
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegir
  • MP nick: AE_Zaudunyani_OGL
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2016, 12:02:56 AM »
Some people enjoy the combined arms approach Warband has, with infantry cav and archers all interacting in a complicated manner with strategy and composition all playing a role. Some people like to go cav and move in a circle while stabbing and couching.

I'm not going to say who is more correct. But it's the former.

Balion Zero

• Master Knight
    • Steam - vrdorjo
    • Twitch.tv - balionzero
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Balion_Veteran_Zero
  • WBWF&S
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2016, 12:33:07 AM »
where today with MoTF the way it works and all these closed maps advertised as closed you can because more skilled team if you have a better strat and execution.

can you elaborate please
well atm who ever has highest flag at the end of the round wins doesnt matter how many of the other team are on the flag if you have 1 person alive and your flag is higher. So potentially you will see situations where master is so far out there due to nature of maps being a bit bigger these opens ones that by the time you reach it you got 45sec-1 min to not only kill the guy on the flag but who ever else is alive and if its a cav all he needs to do is run around for 30 sec and with his shield up to win the round because flag goes down so slow. typed this on my phone can elaborate more later but you might be able to get the point.

OurGloriousLeader

• Grandmaster Knight
  • Джейми Лий Петри
    • Twitter - @OGL_MnB
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: AE_Zaudunyani_OGL
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2016, 12:34:37 AM »
30 secs? xD gl trying that

Thunderbeu

• Supa Hot Fire
  • Sergeant Knight at Arms
  • Changing my style cuz I got every flow
    • Steam - Thunderbeu
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: tK_thunderbeu/BOKU_NO_BUNGA
  • WB
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2016, 12:58:01 AM »
clearly you don't know how flag works, cav can't raise it unless dismounted... and yeah anytime more than like 10 seconds and even then is enough to kill someone on flag

Calamity

• Il Padrino
    • Steam - wkcalamity
    • Twitter - BladeCast_TV
    • Twitch.tv - BladeCast_TV
    • YouTube - UCoXCEQnqetWPMSBVTgJDftw
    • View Profile
    • BladeCast
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: wK_Calamity
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2016, 01:07:56 AM »

#ruinsforlife
So strategy and coordination aren't skill? Should people win based solely off mechanics, which tend to be the MOST gimmicky (super feint spam, hilt slashin, etc).

You're comparing inf when he's talking about cav on Plains. Cav isn't as "gimmicky" as inf tactics are generally, especially if it's a pure test of skill/mechanics.

If you think the map doesn't take strategy or coordination watch S2 finals of UNAC. I like how nobody complains about Hepburn which isn't very open at all in respect to flag spawns. Gotta have dat inf area.

Personally, the original (Random Plains) was the best version. It took a massive amount cohesion and adaptation to play a map that is actually random terrain. Plenty of times inf/archer/cav were all used or needed depending on which roll you got.

People unite to the defense of our godfather calamity.
No wonder people talk about you as a godfather

Thunderbeu

• Supa Hot Fire
  • Sergeant Knight at Arms
  • Changing my style cuz I got every flow
    • Steam - Thunderbeu
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandit
  • MP nick: tK_thunderbeu/BOKU_NO_BUNGA
  • WB
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2016, 01:19:15 AM »
I think there is underrated skill in game sense especially for inf there are a ton of inf who are mechanically skilled yet blow in battle because they lack game sense

Example: Guacc was **** until he started thinking about the video game

XeleonPrime

• Sergeant Knight
  • heat? more like shmeat #gotem
    • Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/941002/
    • Twitch.tv - wb_Oodle
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: Q
  • WBNW
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2016, 01:22:23 AM »
guacc is still ****

Guaccmoleboy

• MoleMan: Arni-Punisher
  • On probation
  • no burrito is complete without some guacc
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2016, 01:27:41 AM »
anyone down for a ft7 random plains cav v cav pure skill only? no gay closed **** either

ClockWise

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 01:29:01 AM »
If random plains could have had its variables controlled it would have been great. I don't mind a new map every go. I do mind the million re's, the cliffs, whacked out rivers, ect.

I'll say here what I said to arys. I personally enjoy open plains more, but legacy is probably more competitively balanced. At least with legacy you can conceivably run multiple ground boys, but that's exactly why I disliked it. Open plains was nice because the typical open mindset of a cav/range mix was generally discarded in favor of all cav, and all cav is a lot easier for inf heavy clans to handle than actually having to hash out a decent/competent mixed loadout (see, UNAC S2 map 2 compared to map 3 results)

basically im saying i like all cav maps because they help me win more, or erm, used to.

wait, what was this conversation about? Do we actually have a say here?

but really we should be talking about bringing back nord town  :fruity:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 01:33:49 AM by ClockWise »
Tea-Em-Double U

Quote from: SotaMursu
SotaMursu: TRAIN HARD N NOLYF OR BANED FROM KLANY NOOBSHITS

kel

• Rebel without a clue
  • Count
  • you'll be in la after june ;[
    • Steam - kelquethas
    • Twitter - prfmtv
    • Twitch.tv - kel_mb
    • YouTube - kelquethasisepic
    • YouTube - UCs7SB3Wm-p06PboPY5quTPA
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Swadian
  • MP nick: kelquethas/kel
  • M&BWBWF&SNWVC
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 01:30:08 AM »
If random plains could have had its variables controlled it would have been great. I don't mind a new map every go. I do mind the million re's, the cliffs, whacked out rivers, ect.

I'll say here what I said to arys. I personally enjoy open plains more, but legacy is probably more competitively balanced. At least with legacy you can conceivably run multiple ground boys, but that's exactly why I disliked it. Open plains was nice because the typical open mindset of a cav/range mix was generally discarded in favor of all cav, and all cav is a lot easier for inf heavy clans to handle than actually having to hash out a decent/competent mixed loadout.

but really we should be talking about bringing back nord town  :fruity:
Nord Town is a good map  :P
[

ClockWise

• Master Knight
    • View Profile
  • WB
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 01:50:34 AM »
yes and you literally ruined my entire life zaffa