NEW MAP (work in progress) Carisbrooke_bay

Users who are viewing this thread

Antman81

Recruit
So I've started to develop a map, I'm gonna spend several weeks on it. It will be a coastal map aimed at HCRP style play. I will update with piccs on its progress every now and then

noJZbmB.jpg

The screenshot makes me remember how much of a thorn the polygon sizes are in Warband, in case you want to create a bigger map. I've only recently touched a PW map, and I already hate to work with such huge polys. Nevertheless, you handled the mountains well.

I would suggest to use different inclinations and sizes for trees. That will drastically change the look of the map. Personally, I work only with a small array of good-looking trees, like pines, tree_5 or tree_new_3, but I guess that's just a matter of personal taste.

For the future, I can advise you to make the locations as compact as possible. By that, I don't mean to make them small, but to keep a clear delimitation between them, as to prevent the map from becoming a mess.

Good luck.

The Bowman said:
The screenshot makes me remember how much of a thorn the polygon sizes are in Warband, in case you want to create a bigger map. I've only recently touched a PW map, and I already hate to work with such huge polys. Nevertheless, you handled the mountains well.

I would suggest to use different inclinations and sizes for trees. That will drastically change the look of the map. Personally, I work only with a small array of good-looking trees, like pines, tree_5 or tree_new_3, but I guess that's just a matter of personal taste.

For the future, I can advise you to make the locations as compact as possible. By that, I don't mean to make them small, but to keep a clear delimitation between them, as to prevent the map from becoming a mess.

Good luck.

I will look into those tree suggestions and see how they look, I already use different sizes and inclinations. Yeah the poly size is a real headache, Shaping rock formations ends up becoming a one trick pony in itself. Shame.

Appley showed me his map today on his twitch stream. Its really amazing!  :shock:

Back
Top Bottom