[UNAC S6] Week three results, discussions, and predictions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorlock said:
Can we just not ever play on UNAC servers again? Im not even referring to the match today, sometimes lag like that just happens but the server is rubber bandy just slightly all the time, it feel like I am walking in mud, its nearly unplayable compared to other servers.
Some of our players had terrible ping in our match aswell

So I heard, it wasnt even just today, the server just feels like crap compared to basically any of the other servers. Back in WMT(I think this was the tourny) when I was in DoF the WMT servers felt solid, like damn even NA Battlefield feels good. I feel like my ping is actually 80 instead of 200. I'd rather play on EU servers again because it feels more stable than playing on UNAC.

Been using UNAC 2 a few times this week its ok occasionally lag spikes but only for people in the Chicago area.

The admin team has been looking into the server problem for a few days, several matches have been affected by them.

The random lag spikes are out of our control, we will do our best to find more stable servers for everyone and make the tournament more enjoyable for all.

Thank you tito for providing server to help with the situation. Sj buddy learn to keep your bias and start being impartial when you ref, instead of talking **** and being sarcastic prick. Good match TMW, sorry for server issues but wasn't anything we could have prevented, I warned Arys multiple times over the last week about it.

Referees should stick more closely to the rules OR rules should be made more explicit regarding technical issues. Lag spikes and disconnects are unfortunately a part of gaming online and never before have I had a team call PAUSE in the middle of a live round, a round that they are losing no-less, because 2 of their members have higher ping, and certainly never have I had a referee agree. Just earlier today we had a player disconnect from an official match in ECS, it happens, you deal with it. To better prepare teams can check servers prior (this is why we book correct?) and if issues show you organise something else with the team captains.

There's sportmanship and then there's unreasonable requests. If there were server issues we'd, I'm sure, be happy to discuss changing server in between, we were happy to wait on the server 'paused' while pings corrected, we have no interest in gaining unfair advantage due to connection issues, but at the end of the day Balion pushed for an unfair compromise losing us our round/combat bonus gold (as swadia) and causing a 30 minute delay, and also tried to make us lose our won round. Again, I'm sympathetic to technical issues, but when it comes to a live round you deal with it barring a total server crash/DDOS, and I hope referees enforce that in future.

GG Balion.

therein lies balion's true tactical prowess

what a genius play

OurGloriousLeader said:
If there were server issues we'd, I'm sure, be happy to discuss changing server in between, we were happy to wait on the server 'paused' while pings corrected, we have no interest in gaining unfair advantage due to connection issues, but at the end of the day Balion pushed for an unfair compromise losing us our round/combat bonus gold (as swadia) and causing a 30 minute delay, and also tried to make us lose our won round. Again, I'm sympathetic to technical issues, but when it comes to a live round you deal with it barring a total server crash/DDOS, and I hope referees enforce that in future.

GG Balion.
It was server issues as you saw it didnt happen after we switched, same reason the other matches had to switch as well. We didn't push for a unfair advantage we just wanted to be able to play the match and when 3 of our players couldn't move because of how bad the lag was yes we asked for a server change and that was that. I personally did not ask for the set to reset and I doubt Mad Dawg did either. That was entirely up to the ref's to decide we just asked for a different server because those server unplayable. You also have zero room to talk about sportmanship, pull up the server chat ask one of the admins should be a fun read full ignorant/sarcastic remarks from your side (not saying we didnt have a few, i personally was pissed) and people just being pricks including a ref. Now regarding the 30 min delay, I apologize for that because that was not intended at all. We did not expect server issues since I had been complaining to arys all week about the servers expected it would have been fixed by now. But I do agree more rules regarding issues like latency and all should be involved.

As I said, there's no pause rule and a server issue (which entirely affects only a few on one team) is unfortunate, but stopping a live set based on the whims of a team is not workable either. We have all the time prior to a match and in between sets to test and discuss servers, but the nature of the game is that there's really not much to be done once we've gone live and halting should be avoided at all costs.

As for sarcastic remarks, I think the most offensive thing said was 'lol' but I would love to see it because laughing at you was the only bright side to an otherwise frustrating 2nd map due to delays and excuses.

OurGloriousLeader said:
As for sarcastic remarks, I think the most offensive thing said was 'lol' but I would love to see it because laughing at you was the only bright side to an otherwise frustrating 2nd map due to delays and excuses.

Lol ****ing destroyed

Rake said:
OurGloriousLeader said:

Lol **** destroyed

Go away, you're starting to get worse than Snazzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom