Star Wars Spin off: Rogue One.

Users who are viewing this thread

DrBlacksmith

Grandmaster Knight
Rogue One is the first of the new spin off movies, the story is based on Rogue One fighter squadron stealing the plans to the Death Star. We obviously know they succeed due to A New Hope.

They released a teaser trailer, although I'm not a fan of teaser trailers, this one got me quite excited. Mainly because we get to see all the original Empire and Rebel outfits again, and Darth Vader.

Teaser Trailer

Thoughts?

Not a fan of the WEEW WEEW soundtrack, but at least this can't be worse than The Force Awakens.

Vorstadtkid said:
Not a fan of the WEEW WEEW soundtrack, but at least this can't be worse than The Force Awakens.
I take it your not a fan of Star Wars? Or just force awakens?

I actually think this could be better than the Force Awakens. Did anyone else see the Super Battle Droid? In the old canon the Rebels used Republic weapons and Separatist droids. I hope they do here.

The WEEW sound was used in the OT, so I guess it belongs?

I must admit that I'm more excited for Ep VIII (I like the OT characters through familiarity), but this should be very interesting. New characters are always good. Much like how the Han Solo origin books were very good despite (because of?) there not being any Jedi, I feel this will be a different show than the typical SW movie.

If you can't run away from an AT-AT, I'd say running right at its feet to get behind it is a very good way to disappear. Those things can't be easy to turn around.

Re, Running at heavy armour: Isn't it also pretty much your best bet in absence of heavy weaponry?
And what Seff said, they're also not very hard to keep up with on foot, and with those necks of theirs simply shouldn't be capable of aiming their most powerful weapons directly downward.

Captured Joe said:
Is that an Imperial Grand Admiral in the white uniform?
This might be interesting.

Hoping for one memetic badass in particular? Or at least the grounds for one?

I'm more interested as to what character Forest Whitaker is playing. he seems like a warrior of some sort, or a general.

Cyborg Eastern European said:
Re, Running at heavy armour: Isn't it also pretty much your best bet in absence of heavy weaponry?
And what Seff said, they're also not very hard to keep up with on foot, and with those necks of theirs simply shouldn't be capable of aiming their most powerful weapons directly downward.

Going with the heavy armour analogy, that's why there are more than one in the formation, or they are supported by infantry or other means, so that bogies won't get into any blindspot.
And there are least four AT-ATs visible in the teaser.

I don't think it's too late to retcon them into some sort of intel organisation that that woman conjures up after her successful obtaining and hand off of the Death Star I plans.

Radalan said:
And there are least four AT-ATs visible in the teaser.

But you're still 'only' being shot at by three walkers, rather than four.
Also, legs. Legs are bad armour. Proceed to apply explodium.

Scorpia said:
Vorstadtkid said:
I take it your not a fan of Star Wars? Or just force awakens?
Not a fan of TAF, because the writing was unoriginal and story was predictable, that just killed any suspense. This movie has some new and interesting content and characters, so it'll instantly be better than The Force Awakens (at least for me). Hopefully the characters and plot will be less shallow this time around.

Back
Top Bottom